Day of the Month - Plus/Minus X days

It would be really great if there was a tag for the following Day of the Month variations:
DoM +1 day
DoM +2 days
DoM +3 days
DoM +4 days
DoM +5 days

DoM - 1 day
DoM - 2 days
DoM - 3 days
DoM - 4 days
DoM - 5 days

Currently to calculate the DoM minus 1 day requires 14 different elements to capture all Month scenarios. DoM plus 1 day requires 2 elements. The goal in this request are for creating dial like the one below but with more flexibility:

That would be great for hours, minutes and seconds as well… :slight_smile:

I guess the advantage with those is you can get away with using a modelo.

1 Like

I think this was asked some time back … (maybe I didn’t post my response)

Day+1

$(#Dd#+1)<=#DIM#?(#Dd#+1):1$

Day-1

$#Dd#!=1?(#Dd#-1):$$#DM#=2&&#DD#=60?28:$$#DM#=2&&#DD#=61?29:$$(#DM#=4||#DM#=6||#DM#=9||#DM#=11)&&#Dd#=1?30:$$(#DM#=1||#DM#=3||#DM#=5||#DM#=7||#DM#=8||#DM#=10||#DM#=12)&&#Dd#=1?31:$

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks @andrew.dowden.

Is it possible to make the same for hours and minutes as well? What‘ about ±2 or/and ±3?

Yes, I’ll find time to create them all …

Let me know which you are missing (and need first).

Minutes (0…59)

Minutes +1, +n

((#Dm#+1)%60)
((#Dm#+n)%60)

Minutes -1, -n

((#Dm#+60-1)%60)
((#Dm#+60-n)%60)

Minutes (1…60)

Minutes +1

$#Dm#!=60?(#Dm#+1):1$

Minutes -1

$#Dm#!=1?(#Dm#-1):60$

Hours (0…23)

Hours -1, +n

((#DH#+1)%24)
((#DH#+n)%24)

Hours -1, -n

((#DH#+24-1)%24)
((#DH#+24-n)%24)

Hours (1-12)

(pending)

Hours (1-24)

Hours +1

$#DH#!=24?(#DH#+1):1$

Hours -1

$#DH#!=1?(#DH#-1):24$

Day (1…28/29/30/31)

Day+2

$(#Dd#+2)<=#DIM#?(#Dd#+2):(#Dd#+2-#DIM#)$

Day-2

(pending)

Day+3

$(#Dd#+3)<=#DIM#?(#Dd#+3):(#Dd#+3-#DIM#)$

Day-3

(pending)

Month (1-12)

Month+1

$#DM#!=12?(#DM#+1):1$

Month-1

$#DM#!=1?(#DM#-1):12$

1 Like

That‘s great already @andrew.dowden!

Is it possible to do so for text based Day of week as well?

This Formula doesn´t seem to be correct in one case.

When you go at the 1sth of a month it doesn´t show any value. I think you can´t get the number of days from the month before.

Day-of-week: (0-6, as text)

DOW

En
$#DOW#=0?Sun:$$#DOW#=1?Mon:$$#DOW#=2?Tue:$$#DOW#=3?Wed:$$#DOW#=4?Thu:$$#DOW#=5?Fri:$$#DOW#=6?Sat:$

Fra
$#DOW#=0?Dim:$$#DOW#=1?Lun:$$#DOW#=2?Mar:$$#DOW#=3?Mer:$$#DOW#=4?Jeu:$$#DOW#=5?Ven:$$#DOW#=6?Sam:$

Deu
$#DOW#=0?Son:$$#DOW#=1?Mon:$$#DOW#=2?Die:$$#DOW#=3?Mit:$$#DOW#=4?Don:$$#DOW#=5?Fre:$$#DOW#=6?Sam:$

DOW +1

$((#DOW#+1%7)=0?Sun:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=1?Mon:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=2?Tue:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=3?Wed:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=4?Thu:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=5?Fri:$$((#DOW#+1%7)=6?Sat:$

DOW -1

$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=0?Sun:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=1?Mon:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=2?Tue:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=3?Wed:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=4?Thu:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=5?Fri:$$((#DOW#+7-1)%7)=6?Sat:$

IMHO: This should all be built-in to Facer …

1 Like

Nice solution!!! The only problem is that the formulae aren´t linkable to an automated language selector… :frowning:

So spain, chinese and all others… are left behind…

And how do we solve that?

Actually, my ‘white box’ engine would solve that.

1 Like

I think we can´t solve the language problem.

I am sure your white box engine would be able to solve it. And i am the first who would be the happiest man on earth to get rid of all that customized formulae.

Then we could have moonrise/moonset and other nice things…

And the whole program would become much more newbie friendlier.

1 Like

@andrew.dowden @GAUSS Are nested conditionals working for you guys? I thought the max was 2 before things stopped working.

Well, i tested hours, minutes, seconds with -3 up to +3. They seem to work fine on creator.

The month and day of week numeral formulae did work on creator in positive direction.

I didn´t test on a smart watch yet…

1 Like

Here is a test file:

Nested conditional can cause issues.

It is not depth (>2 levels), but how the syntax is written. The limitation is in Facer parser (and even more so on the watch, than in Facer Creator).

As I have been able to work around it (and there have been no effort to fix/improve the issue), I have stopped trying to determine exact cause.

Old thread, but some good suggestions here which does not seem to have been implemented yet, especially @andrew.dowden 's ‘white box’ engine.
I landed here looking for a better solution for variable / calculated Day-of-the-week.

Even if the complete white box engine is not implemented, having basic day-of-the-week / month-of-the-year etc. arithmetic (i.e. + & - operations) available so that you can calculate a weekday or month fully localised with correct wrap around at the start/end of a week / year, will be a huge improvement.
e.g. say you want the text value for “tomorrow”, you could use (#DE#+1) or (#DEEEE#+1) etc. instead of the nested conditional statements above which only works for one language (and does not even work on all watch hardware at present).

I hope @Facer_Official is at least considering some of the suggestions made on this forum…

1 Like