Dim mode not working on gear S3

Its nice to hear, that the facer support is so close to the community!
Can’t wait for that updates :smile:

Have a nice day

Yes give us DiM Mode the watch just so standard watch at 25% power and is hard to read the standard watch face.

i understand that the watch is very powerful and all, but if he does not enter DIM mode, why does he dim the screen and continue with the normal watchface but with a brightness of less than human eyes can see in a day to day bases.because im at the office and when the AOD kicks in i dont see nothing on the watch.and with the regular watch face (Stock) i can see everything even when the AOD kicks in. thank you.

all along with the other guys, would really like the Dim-Mode working and happy to hear that you will follow our request !!!

Would also like dim mode on the s3. There is a burn-in concern with this watch. That is why gear designer won’t allow to high a pixel ration for dim mode. Please ad this!

it would maybe the best thing to add dim mode for s3 gears…I designed a face for myself and for possible future publish…I love the dim mode so much as a big watch collector / afficianado cuz it makes the smart watch more realistic and adds dimention to the face…

Also for the designer it makes it more fun and showing the design ability + creation…

So please add the dim mode for gear s3 watches… :smile:
thank you in advance

1 Like

Any update as to when this feature will be available?

it seems they cant work it out since last year.ill be back when dim mode works on gear s3.tnx

I refuse to use the watch without AoD, also I do not use watchfaces that use the default AoD from Samsung… that said… the lack of this feature by itself renders facer obsolete to me. Bought some very very nice watchfaces… but can’t use then because of lack of contrast when dimmed… more battery comsumption (keep rendering main textures) for less functionality… even digital watch faces are unusable… It also on the majority of cases makes the watch look like a cheap toy when it’s deciding between 3-4 stages of backlight… forget about getting the time at a glance in direct sunlight… honestly I’ve moved to the competition already… but you know… public negative/constructive feedback sometimes works… Not holding my breath though… On the other hand if you do not use the AoD functionality and accepts to twist yor arm or click the button to see the time… great collection of faces available…

@armartins thanks for your feedback! We definitely appreciate it. For some quick background here, the current AOD mode of Facer for Gear S3 is a dimmed version of the design to comply with fairly strict restrictions of Samsung on that device. Without going into too much detail, in order to maintain a decent battery life, we are required to keep the luminance of pixels under a certain threshold.

What we are going to do in the very near future is provide an option to use the designer made “dim” mode on the Gear S3 instead of a darkened version of the full-color design. The upside of that is that the AOD will be in full color, but it will in most cases be a much simplified version of the watch face.

The real solution will be to have our community of designers update their “dim” mode design to take full advantage of the Gear S3’s AOD but this will take a bit of time as we have thousands of designs. We’re working on it though!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

When are you going to be giving us an AOD feature? Because I’m not going to use the app until you add it, and there are a lot of nice watch faces that I wish to use in Facer.

Any day! :wink: We have an updated version of Facer which adds a dimmed/classic AOD mode option + some REALLY cool new features in the review queue at Samsung. Hoping to see it roll out by tomorrow.

1 Like

As previously mentioned many times.
I got gear s2 and 1st time around when used for some days. The ambient mode of many Jason watch faces were working perfectly. I have no clue what killed it. When you updated 3.04 in March. The ambient mode is no more working. The watch in ambient mode is either stuck with no movements or broken ambient mode is loaded. A freeze version of ambient dim mode is loaded and nothing moves. I was loving the breitling from Jason where it showed a logo and digital watch. But now it only freezes. Please for god sake repair this. I have reset multiple times without any restoring apps. All fresh. But it just does not work any more. Kindly fix this some how.

Still no AOD dim version.

Kind of annoying that you keep promising but don’t deliver.
The preview in the facer app works, but it does not work on the Gear S3.

I stopped using facer and switched to GWD already for months.

Looks like Facer is loosing Gear S3 customers over this.

I’m an S3 user, I can confirm there is now AOD classic and dim mode, these will only work correctly if watch has been designed correctly. Triple click Facer watch face and scroll as far to the right as you can you’ll see a menu offering classic and dim mode, select one and click cross to return to face, you need to set S3 to always on

1 Like

@hayden Thanks for helping @CeeJay out!
Also, the next update this week will switch the default AOD mode to “Classic” since “Dimmed” ends up being too dark on most designs.

1 Like

My apologies gentlemen! I removed the companion app on the watch and reinstalled, now it works.
However stil have huge battery drain, 10%+/hour :frowning:

Have 1 more problem, I am trying to add an image to the dim mode, I can add but then it does not save, it keeps hanging in saving, both web and app creator.

@CeeJay check the resolution of the image, in my experience when the app/web creator fails it’s due to the file size being too large, there’s no warning it just hangs. Let me know if it helps

That did it, was 50 kb, cut it down to 10kb now it goes through.
Thanks Hayden!

cool, I’m going to have look at the ‘new documentation’ and add this if it’s not there already, pleased it worked for you

1 Like