[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

Hi! Just became part of the BETA. Have been struggling with steps issue for weeks and stumbled on this. Now, everything works great so far! Thanks for the fix! Fossil Venture 3 watch. LGV3 Phone.

1 Like

Works like a charm, installed, reconnected with FIT (used Huawai Health as a back up) and my steps are back:smiley:

1 Like

Hi all - we are starting the deployment of Facer 5.1.5 to all users right now. We’ll update this thread when it’s available worldwide. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hi guys,
I installed the latest Facer update (V.5.1.5) on both the smartwatch and the smartphone and also 'I had to remove and reinstall Google Fit to make the step count work.
Now I ask you, why the indication of the steps on the essential display does not correspond to that of the warchface?

@megabit I imagine you are talking about the Essential screen mode of the Ticwatch Pro? I believe that screen uses the Ticwatch step counter, which isn’t always equal to what Google Fit calculates. If you go into the Google Fit app, I suspect you will see the same discrepancy with the Essential step count.

Update March 1st: FIXED: Facer 5.1.5 is now available worldwide! To fix the step count issue, please make sure you upgrade to that version in Google Play. You may be asked to login to Google Fit the first time you load a watch face with step counts, but it should work after that. We heard from some users that uninstalling and re-installing Google Fit may also be necessary. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

3 Likes

Finally got the new version up&running!!Super happy☺️Thank you@Facer_Official&all involved for all your hard work&dedication…all of us from the Facer community really appreciate it all!

1 Like

Huawei Watch 2 here.

If you open Fit on your phone, go to Profile, settings (widget in upper right), manage your connected apps… You should see Facer listed if the permission has been set for your watch.

It wasn’t there for me until I did the uninstall reinstall dance on my watch and then switched to a Facer option which triggered the permission prompt.

I’ve tried a couple different faces so far, and it does work, but it’s S L O W. The screen often goes to sleep before the count is updated.

1 Like

Thanks, finally I can use Facer again :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention my smartwatch, sorry!
Thanks for the info, I confirm the discrepancy between the Ticwatch and Google Fit steps.

It works! Thank you!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Facer on my phone, watch, and also uninstalled Google fit on both. Still not working :frowning: Any suggestions?

Try it uninstall and install on the watch!

For the record: My step count returned last week and was fine for the weekend. Now the same watch face is back to 0 Steps.
Edit: Uninstalling/reinstalling Facer and Fit has it working again. Fingers crossed.

I tried the update instructions suggested, but it didn’t work. I tried uninstalling everything and then reinstalling, but that didn’t work. I finally did a factory reset on my Fossil Venture HR watch, reinstalled the Facer app, let the watch do all the pending updates, and it now works…the step count shows! However, the watch face is slow to load/turn on. Is there anything that can be done, from my end, to assist or fix that?

I had the same issue and finally got it to work by performing a factory reset on my watch. You lose everything on your watch, so you’ll need to reinstall all your apps, etc. It was a time consuming process, but I now have my step count showing on my favourite facer watch face. I hope this helps!

After reading this post and downloading Google Fit, the step counter is operational and functions as it should. However the built in step ((Tick Health) counter for my particular brand (Tick C2) and model of watch does not match the step counter from the Google FIt application. But thats not a Facer issue, Im glad this feature works for the watch faces that have the step counter. Thanks again.

Hi @geovanni68! Glad to hear things are working with Google Fit. Regarding the discrepancy with the Ticwatch step counter, they are indeed completely separate counters and may have different ways to measure and identify steps.

After updating the app asked me what the source should be for the steps. Maybe i ticked the wrong one, because I still see 0 steps after days.
How can I change the source for the stepcounter?

Hi kevin

Try to allow Facer in the Google Fit app on your phone.

Profile --> Settings (Cog on the top of the screen) --> Manage connected apps

Hope this helps.