[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

Sync from the app on the phone. I never managed to sync from the website. I am using the website on pc just to add faces to favorites.

Hello everyonešŸ˜ŠJust curious could anyone tell me plz if they are having any issues syncing the Facer step counter with the Google Fit app from the Google Play Store or am I missing something here?

Still no steps for me. I uninstalled and reinstalled Facer on the watch. Facer DOES show up as a connected app under Google Fit (ā€œThis app can access Email address, Read Fitness Activity Dataā€). But steps are still at 0 in any Facer watchface. Heartbeat does show up. TicWatch E. I have the updated version of all apps.

Check the facer app version on your phone.

After um update to Wear OS 2.0 the step couter stopped syncing. I updated the app on my phone and reintalled on the watch and ā€œvoilaā€, problem solved.

You have to have 5.1.5 on your phone

As I said, I have all the updated versions of the apps on my phone, including Facer 5.15.

I have the exact same issue on my Tic Watch Pro as well!

HellošŸ˜ŠI have updated my Wear OS as well as the Facer App both to the most current versions yet still no luck regarding step counting on the watch face itself.Any other possible suggestions?

Try checking the permissions inside the google FIT app in the phone. You may need to grant permissions to Facer manually.

Thank you for the suggestionšŸ˜ŠIā€™ll give it a try!

@kevin3: HellošŸ˜ŠIf I read your post correctly,you never had Google Fit installed on your phone&everything works(ed)fine including the step counter?I am having a heck if a time trying to get this all to work together.

Correct. And the Google fit app does have the step counts but they still wont show on a watchface

@kevin3:Thank you!!I thought I was loosing my mind!:laughing:

Well, apart from this, that could still be the caseā€¦ :wink:

@kevin3:You have a very valid point!:joy::wink:

Steps are working, but are way off from what is showing on Google Fit. It appears that the steps are matching at the start of the day but as the number of steps increase the further off they become.

Still not working for me. Steps: Watchface shows 0. WearOS shows 12,438. Google Fit shows: 10,869. Iā€™m getting ready to throw in the towel on Facer.

Steps still stuck on zero with Sony S3. Google fit, Facer, all updated. Logged in, bluetooth enabled.

I do have the same issue.
New Fossil Sport Smartwatch received on 23rd of March this year.
Fossil Face itself shows Steps from Google Fit, but all Facer Watchfaces show a stepcount of 0.
Any recommendations?

Facer now just shows 1 step for me all the time. It has the Google Fit permissions etc. and was working fine but has stopped. Other faces work fine.

Edit: it shows steps now but isnā€™t in sync with Google Fit. Strange.

OK, mine finally started working again. Google Fit somehow updated itself and after that the steps started appearing again.

2 Likes