[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

My facer has stopped showing my steps. I update app and and G Fit on both phone and watch. I’ve changed wach faces, still nothing but it is showing my heart rate.

Hi all!

An update to WearOS released around mid-March has fixed the root cause for this issue, and Facer 5.1.8 is currently available in beta to close this issue once and for all. If you are still having issues with the step counter, please:

• make sure you are running WearOS 2.23 or newer
  • get the Facer 5.1.8 version in beta and validate that steps work

Facer 5.1.8 is scheduled for worldwide release later this week if you’d rather wait a bit.

Thanks!

I’m running 5.1.8 beta and havr not been able to work it out. My google fit is still giving access to facer. Also have latest WearOS app and firmware. What else do I need to?

The fix from March worked for a time, but yesterday, April 21, 2019, my steps stopped working again. Today they are not showing on my watch face either. Do we need another fix?

@bethanypiano Hi! We released Facer 5.1.8 yesterday in Google Play which should fix the issue once and for all. Make sure you are also on the latest version of WearOS since the main fix for the issue is there.

The facer I am running is 5.1.9 - that is the latest update I could find…

I have the current WearOS, at least it tells me I am up to date. As for facer, I deleted it both on my watch and my phone and downloaded the current version in the play store. It is 5.1.9 and my steps are not propagating even after giving the app sensor permission.

Hi. I have a TicPro watch and my step counter stop today. My wear os is up to date and facer is the latest version. The step counter did stop earlier this year but was fixed back in February/March.

Mine stopped working again as well. So frustrating.

Hi. Update. My watch was up to date with the latest versions of facer and wear os. But my phone wasn’t. I updated the phone, changed the watch face then shut down the watch. Restarted and the steps are working so far. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I was able to fix it last night, but it was a huge pain in the neck. I reset my watch to factory specs and downloads the apps. I then deleted all apps on my phone associated with the watch and reinstalled them as well. It worked.

2 Likes

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Facer on the watch and phone, and Google Fit, as well as factory resetting my watch, and I still do not have a correct step count that syncs with Fit. Facer also does not show as a connected app on Google Fit.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. The past week or so the Facer app shows zero steps on the counter, yet again. I’ve had to uninstall it and re-install it every day in order to get it to show the step count. However, the number of steps then showing is always substantially out of sync with Google Fit. This is beyond frustrating. I’m about to give up on Facer altogether.

1 Like

Same issue here, facer doesnt show correct steps. when i use stock faces, they work.

i have uninstalled facer, and fit on the watch. i think the facer software is 5.1.11.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for these reports. We’re currently investigating this issue which appears to be caused by another recent change on WearOS or Google Fit. We’ll update this thread when we have more information.

Is there an update to this issue? Step count still not working with my TicWatch Pro.

Hi @milanshah,

Yes, we’ve heard from multiple users that the issue comes from Google Fit, and that uninstalling and re-installing it on your phone fixes the issue. Can you try that and let us know if it works for you too? Thanks!

Yes, I already tried that but it didn’t work. I sent full details of my issue to facer-support@little-labs.com but never got a reply.

My email said:
I’m using Facer version: 5.1.12_101073

From my watch settings:
Model: WF12096
Device name: TicWatch Pro 1632
Wear OS version: 2.6

I have the latest version of Google Fit and Wear OS apps on my phone.

I am using a Google Pixel 2 phone.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Fit app on my phone which has not solved the problem.

Tried reinstalling Google Fit, still not working.

Hi @milanshah - I imagine you’ve tried this as well, but if you haven’t, can you try to uninstall and re-install Facer after you’ve uninstalled and re-installed Google Fit? We had one user report saying that re-installing Facer was also necessary to get it fixed.

1 Like