[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

I’ve tried this too but still not working.

Hi @Facer_Official any updates on resolving this issue? I have a TickWatch Pro and my steps on all your faces is coming up as 0. I have reinstalled Google Fit on my phone to no avail. Keen to hear is there is an update on getting this bug fixed before I go ahead and become a premium customer. Thank you.

Is there anything fixing this issue… Watchmaker app works. Why doesn’t facer… I guess I will just switch to the other app… thanks

Same issue here. Reinstalled WearOS, Facer on the phone and watch, but nothing worked. Also, there no notification on watch asking for access to Fit data. It only asks for location info which is enabled…

1 Like

I have reinstalled both applications and it is not updating steps still, I have confirmed I am on the correct facer version. I have a fossil Q explorist.

@Facer_Official Any other thoughts or ideas on this issue?

@Facer_Official Checking the Facer version on my Ticwatch indicates version 5.1.14 with no update available. Last updated June 14th. The Play store shows 5.1.14 as well. Is Facer version 5.1.5 available worldwide as you state through the Google Play Store or beta group only? Thanks.

5.1.14 is newer than 5.1.5 (14 being more than 5), but I understand why you might have thought otherwise…I did that myself.

I also still have this problem, and would really like to hear from @Facer_Official as to how far they are in locating said problem, and when we all can get more than a temporary fix

Mine is now updating. I think the only thing I did was swap to a default face and back to facer

Mine was working (mostly) over the past week, then today…nada. It seems so inconsistent. And I can’t figure out if it’s a Google Fit miscommunication to Facer (either via the GF phone app or watch app). Tried installing a stock watch face, then going back to Facer and still no luck. Running Facer 5.1.16 here.

I installed Facer apps 5.1.80_106241 on my phone and in Samsung Watch4 Classic. But the step-counter is not working with any watch faces. By the way, I have activated Facer Premium. Please appreciate your support.

I have version 6.0.0_106334 on a Galaxy Watch 4 and the step counter is constantly on zero. I don’t have google fit, I use Samsung Health on my watch.

Sorry you have probably already checked but are all Facer permissions switched on in the settings section on you watch?

Oh, and a new Facer update was just released ( ver 6.0.1… ) just in case that helps.

I have the new 6.0.1 and have all permissions on and still stays at zero.

Sorry that did not help. I don’t have a GW4 and I don’t have any more ideas about what could be wrong. If no-one else jumps in with an idea or you can’t find the solution in another thread then you could raise a support request with the Facer Support team at:

https://help.facercreator.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

or by sending an email to : facer-support@little-labs.com

I do have both the GW4 “Active” and the GW4 Classic. Both are on 6.0.1 and were both on 6.0.0 before. I do not have any issues with step count except when I first turn on either watch it takes two or three minutes to start working with steps and phone battery level. WearOS is so much slower on boot up than Tizen on my Galaxy Watch 1st gen. @rob.fisk discovered on his Fossil Gen 6 that when it goes into battery saver mode it turns off the permissions for Facer then when it’s charged it does not turn the permissions back on, they stay off.

But on the other hand, even with my watches working on step count, I’ve noticed the GW4 watches have just a little bit of lag updating the step count compared to the watches own step widget.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me. I’ve been meaning to look up that weather post where it first got mentioned but I figured it out, at least for the Fossils. I had been a memory deficient muppet about when I first configured the watch. Rather than detail the fix here I have created a topic for it for ease of re-posting should it be needed.
https://community.facer.io/t/if-your-fossil-watch-keeps-reverting-settings-fix

1 Like

The steps still aren’t updating and staying zero, all my permissions are on and the app is updated. I decided to cycle the power and, voila, Its now updating. smacks forehead

3 Likes

Watches seem to work like older Windows computers, when they do stupid things restarting them seems to fix them. :grin: Glad to hear it’s working!

1 Like

I just updated to the latest Facer version and updated every other app on both, galaxy and play store and checked for all permissions on the Facer app and my step counter on my Galaxy Watch 4 is still chronically at zero :confused:

Edit: Okay, nevermind fixed it…I reinstalled Facer and checked permissions BEFORE that. After reinstalling not all permissions were granted…now my steps and kcal show up :smiley:

1 Like