How do you create watch faces?

Ok. Worth a shot. Back to the drawing board. I’ll give it another go. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Wow. You have been busy. :slight_smile: I will have a closer look later to the new ones when i return home.

Busy but for a worthy cause. I’m determined to get a good shot. Here are a couple more.

I am sorry, but i didn‘t found the time to examine you newest photos. It was such a hard week and i felt asleep.

I will try tomorrow, but i assume it will be late. We are beginning to build a turtle habitat in our Garden and i am responsible to create a concrete base for the glasshouse.

No worries at all my friend. You have already gone above and beyond with what you have done. Enjoy your time off. Enjoy your family. Building a turtle habitat sounds grand. I’ll tell our turtle Moses about the grand habitat for his kind bring built in Germany. Please enjoy your time off work and take all the time you need. You have already given plenty and its not a requirement you are just a good human being. When you have time and only if you want to look it over again, but never feel like you have to continue forward on this journey with me. You can disembark the bus at anytime and go about your way. I’ll made satisfied with having made a new friend from a far away land. A land I’d love to visit or get relocated to for work!!! But enjoy your time off my hood man cause you have more the earned it. Haben Sie ein gutes und erfolgreiches Wochenende, lieber Freund. (Sorry my German is Rusty!)

Anyone is welcome to join in. I lifted the backplate and spent some time making it 100% round. I filled in some of the see-thru sections with neighboring metal parts, stole the 2 blue screws to fill two holes.

• We need to remove the hands
  • I rebuilt that scratchy-ness along the edge in the bottom-right quadrant
  • Does someone want to re-make that sun & moon plate - we can add motion to that.
  • Anyone want to make the primary large gold gear? - we can add motion to that
  • I started erasing “Dual Time” and extending that coil spring - I’ll finish that up.

My lift was from here: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91lEZ0E0GxL.UL1500.jpg

1 Like

You are all a truly amazing group of individuals. I have no words to express my gratitude for what you have done. I am speechless. And that is very difficult to do to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to you all

Great work, John!!

I will remove the hands tomorrow.

Now i am tooo tired. We spent the whole day in the garden with really hard work. Extracting 2 cubic metres of earth…

Hmmm, just had a closer look at your template, @jmorga106.

It think we should better use another one.

The hour numbers are missing and the image quality in 640x640 pixel isn´t that good…

Okay …

just examined all of the last pictures and i am a little bit desperate.

I am afraid none of them is able to be used as template, they all have their special problems, Some are partly blurred, some have mirror or shiny problems, some are decentered…

Is there maybe anyone in your circle of friends who could help you, an amateur photographer or so?

Greetings,

Phantasico

I’m reaching out to a friend for help cause obviously I am no photographer. I appreciate all of you guys patience with this. I feel I am wasting your time by not being able to send you a good pic. I’m going to try some more today and hopefully I can have some success.

Oh, you are not wasting our time. That´s no problem. Photographing isn´t that easy - i know it since i am doing it a long time. Normally you would need a good camera, a tripod, a lightbox for ambient illumination and so on… Things, normal people simply don´t own or need.

We will be patient, and we will have success. Failure is not an option. :wink:

Greetings,

Phantasico

@GAUSS,
couple of things…

1. Remember you’re working on a screen that is ultimately about 1.2 inches. The quality doesn’t have to be super high def. Push the image to your watch and check it out
  2. There is a clear view window through the watch face around the numbers. You’re never going to get a good photo that includes the numbers. That’s why I cropped them off. We’ll build up the numbers up from scratch.

Thanks,
john

2 Likes

You guys are simply amazing. I will do my best to capture an acceptable pic for you to do your magic with. Thank you my friends.

1 Like

The silver effect is great! That‘s what i meant. But i think its not frontal. Look like a little bit below but i will test.

It´s like i assumed - but we are veeery close! Same light conditions and a little bit more centered and we are there.

Can you use exactly this setting again with some slight changes to the angle of the camera? Maybe a small series where we can take the best of?

Ok. I’ll give it s shot and see what I can come up with. Thanks

Hi guys!

here the sun plate made for @jmorga106 s plan to bring some motion to this nice cooperation :wink:

I rebuild the whole plate and used the original (silver) colors.

2 Likes

Very cool!