[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

Any news?

1 Like

Any news on if or when we will get the steps function working again?

The last update from Facer was 8 days ago, surely there is some news, even if the news is they are still working on it. My issues is worse that the date no longer updates either and the weather is not representative of where I am. If things worked it would be worth going premium but how can they currently justify it?

Any word yet as to the ongoing issue with the step counter not working?Getting pretty frustrating

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know. I have the fossil Gen 4 and it’s not working either.

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of updates - we are trying to make sure we inform you only when there is progress.

The issue was confirmed by Google and we are working with the WearOS team to solve it. For those interested in the technical details, the crux of it is that direct access to Google Fit data from watch faces isn’t functional anymore since a recent update of WearOS. This was not intentional and is being corrected on the Google side.

Unfortunately as of today, the issue is still present. While we wait for the fix, we are looking into ways to bypass Google Fit altogether to reactivate steps data, but these ways are typically not very accurate.

In the meantime, one workaround if you would like your Google Fit steps visible on a watch face is to use faces that use WearOS complications, like the ones listed here: Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more
On any of these faces, you can update the data shown in the complication (just long press on the face, then tap edit, and tap the complication you’d like to change). If you select Google Fit and steps data, it should work that way.

Thanks for your patience while we solve this with Google for all Facer faces!

2 Likes

This is a serious issue to go on this long. Coming up on 3 weeks is not ok

3 Likes

I have hade Facer since dec 28/18 most of time have been waiting because og Update problems :frowning: not a wery stable app…

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct!And given the magnatude of what kind of company Google is,to say that this issue is very frustrating doesn’t even begin to cover it.

So,plz correct me if I am wrong here but using the Facer faces in this link provided will allow the step counter to work/be seen until Google can get this issue resolved?Are there any additional steps/apps needed to make this work?Thanks😊

Anyone know how to get Facer to respond to an issue that you are experiencing with a watch face? (The temp is showing a ? instead of a minus symbol.) The watch designer (G7 - Digital Infos Series 5.5) told me that I needed to contact Facer. I have tried posting in the community forum. I have tried submitting a request. I have tried email. It has been about 3 weeks and I’ve heard absolutely nothing. I’d like to purchase a couple more watch faces but refuse to spend any more $ if the customer service is this poor.

2 Likes

Hi @muddywaters - can you share the ticket # you received when you emailed? We’ll look into it. Thanks!

Doesn’t seem to work for my watch faces, the only thing I can change is 12/24h - How can I change my watch face to use “Google complications”? Please help, without step count, facer is completely useless for me and I’m stuck with stock watch faces again :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. My ticket # is 33829. Thanks!

Well i can tell you that the workaround is not working, for instance with the odin watchface if i change one of the complications to google fit steps its still shows 0. So hopefuly a fix will get here soon

2 Likes

add on, when you are in the setup mode you see the actual steps, when exiting from setup the counter shows 0

I’m new to this but I had this issue on every single Facer Face I used. I read somewhere that doing a factory reset on the watch would work. I was hesitant but tried it after trying everything else and it worked. I also uninstalled the Wear OS app from my phone and reinstalled it. For what it’s worth…

1 Like

Hi @Facer_Official - any word on a fix for ticket #33829, temp bug showing ? instead of a minus?

If you need any more info, please let me know. Thx

@muddywaters will check on the status of this

1 Like

@Facer_Official This issue has gone a week with no official response. Please update the thread with your progress. This is a big deal to not have step counts showing on WearOS devices. WearOS is one of the major platforms and should put this as high priority. This affects users and designers alike.

5 Likes