Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

Hi @nicole.kipphut! Please update to Facer 4.2.6 in the Galaxy App Store - it fixes this issues and a few others!

Everybody else on this thread - please update as well as Facer 4.2.6 should significantly decrease the crash frequency. We’re working on a 100% fix with Samsung and hope to release it this week.

2 Likes

Watch : Samsung Gear S3 frontier
Tizen version : 3.0.0.1
Phone : iPhone 7 Plus
Facer version : 4.2.5

Regarding the issue #3 , I turned on the location services on my watch and I have set facer watchface since 2 days and till now it’s working completely fine for me and has not reverted to the default Watch face…

I turned OFF the location services on my watch and OFF on the phone. The new version 4.2.6 it’s working completely fine for me and has not reverted to the default Watch face. Great work!!!. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For me version 4.2.6 fixes issue #3, location disabled everywhere and faces doesn’t revert to default until now… Hope it’s the good one… Great job!

2 Likes

See Facer watch Face reverts back to default watch face on Sam Gear s3

I’ve gone 24 hours with 4.2.6 and the face hasn’t reverted back to the default.

1 Like

Same here with companion 4.2.6, used in both standalone and connect mode, location off.
No reversion to default or crashes.

3 Likes

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

The app is working perfectly, no problems detected so far.
Congratulations.

2 Likes

I’m on gear 3 frontier and I’m seeing no weather and no phone battery… I checked if location is on on phone, I also checked in galaxy apps to make sure there are no updates waiting to be downloaded…should I be posting here about this or starting a new thread? If a new thread is the answery apologies.

3 Likes

Just adding I’ve having the same problems as well

So glad the always on works but now the weather and battery won’t update. Bummed

Fix coming very soon!

3 Likes

I had issue 2, but after several Bluetooth cycles got some success.
I can’t find anywhere how many faces my Gear 3 can hold. After 11, the earliest one gets bumped off the watch. Is this peculiar to the Samsung?

I still have issue #2 and I’m on Facer app build 4.5.9.86375.
Gear S3 on the latest build; BT only version.

I have restarted my phone; cycled BT off/on on my phone; cycled BT off/on on my watch; turned my watch off/on. There is no way that I’ve found to get the connection restored to the Facer app so I can change faces. And this is even during the same time as upgrading to the Premium version of Facer. So far, it’s been a waste of money. It was bad enough seeing the ads.

Update: I think my issue was due to my watch being connected to my tablet.

This is still an issue. Any idea on a fix?

There is NO Companion APP for the Samsung Gear S3 , there is no way I can use the App. Any fixes or ways to resolve the issue ? Thanks

Sadly the sync issue is still with me. Gear S3 Frontier app version 2.2.21.18080361 and facer app on watch version 4.6.3.2. Purchased a watchface out of the app on my phone. Sending to watch option is red and all that happens is the option to “fix” the issue comes up. Yes I had Facer as the watch face selected. And tried the other options in the solutions. No go

Hello people, I just recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier from Costco. Replaced the MOTO 360 due to battery dying at 4pm or earlier. My main issue is that I can’t use Facer any more. Anyone here have a step by step guide to help install the app into the watch? Have already search the Play store for the Face companion and it is not found, I am in the USA so I think that it should be ok to find.
Greatly appreciate the help.

@superdeliman To install Facer Companion onto watch. Go to S3 Gear app on phone. Scroll down to galaxy apps and make sure your on the Gear tab at the top it will say Phone or Gear/watch then type in search Facer Companion and install… Hope this helps

Was there a legit solution for issue #3? I have a MK Bradshaw and have been having the same issue for a month.