Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

Well, this is some good news, at least there is a workaround, even if it kills the battery fast. I have been waiting to purchase many watch faces, but will not do so until this is fixed. Thanks!

It works great. No issue 3 and no battery problems with Always on display. Full charge from 9AM to 21PM with 40%. Thanks a lot for this !!

did you have to turn on the location services on your phone to get issue 3 to work?

Yes.turn on location service on mobile.no need to turn on in gear.just the mobile will do the trick.

I only turn on the location on the watch.

I turned on the location (GPS only) on my Gear S3 and that has also fixed issue #3 but it drains faster. Facer is updating (on my Note8) at the moment Iā€™m posting this so I will see if I still need location on.

Hi guys - Weā€™ve confirmed on our side the source of this crash is a location bug on Tizen, which Samsung is rolling out a fix for soon. In the meantime, weā€™re going to push a new build asap that minimizes the problem.

To prevent the crashes for now, as users in thread have found, keep location services enabled on your watch.

Thanks again for your patience, we hope to have this wrapped up soon!

4 Likes

Great news! :slight_smile:

Keeping the location on your phone enabled in ā€œBattery Saveā€ mode (where the phone uses your wifi/network to find the location) enabled also helps. No crashes for more than 24 hours for me by following this method.

This ensures no battery drain on the watch and also on the phone.

Hoping for a quick update!

Cheers!

How about with location on in the standalone mode?

Has this been fixed yet? Iā€™m still only getting the analog always on display that was nothing to do with the actual watch face.

Regarding the #3 issue:

Yesterday upgraded to 3.0.0.1 again.

I have location service turned on but in the wireless mode only.
Tried it al day yesterday and today with watch in standalone mode.

Until now no reversion to default.

Also battery drain seems to be minimal because of the network only setting.

For now this is a good temp fix until Samsung fixes Tizen.

I dont think its an Samsung Problem, because Watchmaker is working without problems. I switched to watchmaker so no problems anymore

1 Like

Yup. I also tried others. Only Facer facing this issue. Early stage already PM Admin to check on their apps to maybe study or work with them to find a fix but no reply so throughout the 100 over posts I just keep quiet and see how they keep talking about Tizen issues.

Hello!

After the device updated itself to tizen 3.0.0.1, watch faces not working. If i set a watchface, after some minutes it sets back a default watchfaceā€¦ In this topic i read that in december of last year they had an update which not worked for meā€¦
Any tricks/tips?

For now, turn on the location service on the phone.

Hi @nicole.kipphut! Please update to Facer 4.2.6 in the Galaxy App Store - it fixes this issues and a few others!

Everybody else on this thread - please update as well as Facer 4.2.6 should significantly decrease the crash frequency. Weā€™re working on a 100% fix with Samsung and hope to release it this week.

2 Likes

Watch : Samsung Gear S3 frontier
Tizen version : 3.0.0.1
Phone : iPhone 7 Plus
Facer version : 4.2.5

Regarding the issue #3 , I turned on the location services on my watch and I have set facer watchface since 2 days and till now itā€™s working completely fine for me and has not reverted to the default Watch faceā€¦

I turned OFF the location services on my watch and OFF on the phone. The new version 4.2.6 itā€™s working completely fine for me and has not reverted to the default Watch face. Great work!!!. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For me version 4.2.6 fixes issue #3, location disabled everywhere and faces doesnā€™t revert to default until nowā€¦ Hope itā€™s the good oneā€¦ Great job!

2 Likes