Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

Hi @Gavin, thanks for the update, is there any news on the BATTERY DRAIN? Gear S3 with all the latest everything, watch, phone apps etc, watch drains in 8 hours with a Facer face, lasts nearly 2 days with a Samsung embedded/native face

1 Like

@hayden Yes, the battery drain is likely due to the same issue - they are using 3x the resources over Tizen 2.0 specifically for the type of widget that the Facer Companion is. This is why you might see it on some apps/faces but not on others.

1 Like

@Gavin, OK thanks for the info, hopefully theyā€™ll solve it in the next iteration, cheers Hayden

1 Like

just a update for everyone still struggling with issue #3

i donā€™t know if Samsung did a sneaky update but itā€™s been a week now and no facer app crashes :slight_smile:

if you still have issue #3 please try this:

1. uninstall facer from watch via gear app on phone
  2. charge watch till 80% or above
  3. while watch still in charge doc station install facer on watch via gear app on phone
  4. use the gear app on phone to select facer as watch face. remember to keep watch on charge station and press the back button on watch to prevent sleep mode on watch
  5. load at least 3 watch faces on Samsung gearā€¦ it is important not to let the watch go to sleep mode while loading the first 3 watch faces to facer gear appā€¦ by pressing back button every few seconds will keep watch awake :wink:

please note the first Ā±3 watch faces may pause @ 10%, 60%, 70% and sometimes 80%, just be patient and give it time it will loadā€¦ just remember to keep the watch awake in this process. only after the 3rd watch face you can remove watch from charge doc and use normally

hope this works for everyoneā€¦ good luck :smiley:

Just updated on my S2, and now facer just constantly is in a boot loop.

New update from Samsung Gear just now! And everything back to normal, yay!!

Edit: worked 30mn then issues came back.

1 Like

Triedtried what stephane and steff6 said above, still nothing ā€¦really frustrating. Could this be a watch hardware issue ?

New to the forums, got a gear s2 classic and I canā€™t load anything, thereā€™s no facer app for gear, am I missing something?

There was a Gear update today. I uninstalled Facer on both my Gear s3 and my phone (just in case) then reinstalled everything. Now it looks like its working again.

I can not find the facer app for gear

Deleted

No update for My S3 yet, there was an update for the Gear app, but that did not fix it, still reverts to stock watchface in standalone mode.

I donā€™t think so, i have the updated Gear App and Facer companion 4.2.3 and i got a blank screen, with only an icon of the watch not connected with a phone, it looks like a restart of the facer companion.after that all is ok again.

Something is not right with version 4.2.3

1 Like

Sorry. Issues still same. Still revert back default.

Update: reverted back to Samsung watch face this morning. So frustrating!

Well. No quite. Issues came back actually

I have installed two faces on my Gear 3 Classic from Facer, the last one from TactTwo. Phone is Samsung Galaxy 7 Active. Both will show current phone battery until the next day when the value for the phone battery is frozen. I expected better from a watch face you pay for. Is there a fix?

Is there anything new about the problems, I want to use Facer but with the issues we have itā€™s no fun at all. We pay for watchfaces so we want good working app/companion with no battery drain etc.

For all, best wishes and a great facer new Year

1 Like

Anyone tried the latest Gear update? The one saying improve battery life.

Just got my watch on 25/12 and installed Facer . S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0.0.1 Software R760XXU2CQK3 Knox Ver 2.2.0
Watch regularly reverts to stock face is there a cure ??