Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

Waiting so long to the fix for Issue #3: Facer screen turns β€˜black’ and reverts to an alternate (default) face
Can somebody of support team tell us when the bug will be fix
Issue is very frustrating!!!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
:fireworks::fireworks: Happy New Year everybody :fireworks::fireworks:
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I have just purchased an S3, and have a Note8. After installing the app and companion app I had the same issues (3 & 4) and I also have the issue where the watch face has to reload when I turn the bezel on the watch. It often reloads the face. Not sure why it was happening.
Running latest versions of the apps, did an uninstall, reinstalled them and still having the same issue.

Any news on what else can be done??

Hi everyone (and Happy New Year!),
Our apologies that this issue is still persisting. Samsung suggested that the Gear Update would help (it should help with battery) but based on your reports it sounds like issue #3 is still a major issue. Our team is continuing to dig into the issue and will post an update as soon as possible.

I have the same problem and it is impossible for me to try my new designs! in my case it closes facer and I set a factory clock!
a very particular thing is that it resynchronizes itself and when doing two or three movements of the wrist the screen becomes black and closing facer …

1 Like

Any fix for the watch not displaying the 24 hour setting?

2 Likes

Hey Gavin,

I just reset my gear and the custom watch face was ON for more than 3 hours (while on charge). However, upon taking it on my wrist I lost the watch face and got changed to the boring samsung watch face.

Please help. I love my S3.

1 Like

Hi guys - We’re still working on this issue. Hoping to have it resolved asap.

@nigel.keates @GRR @auslfc (as well as others experiencing the issue where the watchface reverts to a system default) - Do you have AOD mode enabled on your device?

1 Like

I did have it on, but have now turned it off. Does that affect the facer app?

1 Like

@auslfc We’re just trying to isolate factors that might be influencing the issue - are you still seeing the issue with AOD disabled?

1 Like

I turned it off but the issue still persists

1 Like

Since the Samsung update my watch face is coming up properly and it is working right but I am using the same face that I did before and the battery life is not very good. before I could go a full day with a charge and at around 7 at night I would still have about 64% left but not anymore. When I looked at the battery use on the samsung app it is showing that the face is taking on average 75% of the battery verses anything else. I’m new to the community because I have never had problems and would like to keep using Facer but it is just to much battery usage.

1 Like

on or off the same problem

1 Like

New update of Samsung Gear Today!!!
I hope that will fix issue #3.
Samsung say that the fix it’s purported to solve battery issues, with the only change mentioned being an improvement in β€œbattery usage time.” and others minor bugfixes.

1 Like

update now 1 day running and no problems with issue 3. Furthermore, it seems indeed that the battery lasts much longer. The battery indication of the phone is now also displayed.

---------update [after 1 day issue is back]--------

:angry: issue 3 is back Samsung Gear update don’t fixit

I hope the facer team has a solution for this annoying problem. I do not see a solution coming quickly from the samsung corner

1 Like

I have tried it after the update and the app seems to work better. I have not had the screen switch back to the default face as yet. Anyone else got theirs working OK? My phone is a Note8.

1 Like

Galaxy S8 - Not work ok

1 Like

@Facer_Official @Gavin @ariel Good News!, updated the following and watch (Samsung Gear S3 non-lte) has not reverted to a pre-installed face today.
1). Gear/Tizen software (3.0.0.1) Jan 07, 2018
2). Facer Companion (4.2.4.5) Jan 07, 2018
3). Gear S Plugin for Android (2.2.03.17121541N) updated Dec 19, 2017
I’ll report back if there is any noticeable improvement in battery life
Also now when using the face picker I can see β€œrecently 4/19” etc very good, is this new? Now I know how many face are loaded on may watch. I hope that others can report the same positive results!

1 Like

Hi. Where do u download Facer Companion 4.2.4.5? I only see 4.2.4 at the Galaxy app. Is the issue confirm fixed? Thx

1 Like

@dranreb.cheng, @Gavin @ariel : You’re right I’ve just checked and now I can only see version 4.2.4, I don’t understand, Ariel can you help please? When I checked the other day following your recommendation it was definitely 4.2.4.5 which I installed and then successfully loaded 20 faces

2 Likes

@hayden @dranreb.cheng - 4.2.4 is the latest. The last β€œ5” is just an internal identifier which Samsung doesn’t show in the store, but you can see in the settings of the app on the watch.

1 Like