Tizen 3.0 Update Support Megapost

Hey @harley - we’re actively working on this issue with Samsung and have a new version (4.2.5) in the pipeline that should improve things. The issue is definitely related to Tizen 3.0 but there is no problem we shouldn’t be able to fix :wink: We’ll continue working on this until it’s stable for everyone!

1 Like

@Facer_Official Any ETA for the new versions?

2 Likes

Hi @andre.dijkgat - a new version was JUST approved by Samsung and should be available in the store now. The version is 4.2.5.5.

Note that we believe this will improve the stability and battery life, but we still suspect that Facer might reset on occasion, especially on devices with less available memory like the LTE models. We’re continuing to actively work on improving the situation for ALL devices.

1 Like

@Facer_Official I have it now and so far it looks good !

:-1:

@omair_sadiq Are you still having issues? If yes - can you provide the information requested on this thread: http://community.facer.io/t/facer-companion-4-2-5-available-in-the-galaxy-app-store

Thanks!

2 Likes

Updated to 4.2.5 on Galaxy Gear 3 SM-R760 (Reinstalled)
Tizen v. 3.0.0.1
Soft: R760XXU2CQL1
Knox 2.2.0
KTW SDK: 2.2.0
SE for Tizen 1.0.0
TIMA: 3.0.0
RAM: 225.4
Batt: 95%
Storage: 1.2GB Free
Resets on custom watch I made pre-TZ30
Reset to default after first timeout.
First watch face I set to after one I found on Samsung app
Personal Watch Link: Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more (Not published)
I only made two watchfaces under this profile.
Watch is set to Always On
No other watch apps installed, super vanilla.
Did not try the Dimmable option as this shouldn’t have to be used to induce this problem.

Still having #3 issue

Gear S3 Frontier no 3G/LTE (european version) with last Tizen 3.0.0.1
R760XXU2CQL1
Battery range I noticed the issue during use is from 100% to 63%, with 10 h 22 m usage.
It seems that issue doesn’t shows in airplane mode, cause I woke up with same Facer watchface I had when I fall asleep.
1.2GB free space, 191MB free RAM
AOD off in airplane mode, ON when connected.
WiFi auto
Gesture ON
Watchface

Connected to Samsung S8 (SM-G950F) with last Gear software updated.

Still having issue 3 after last update. Any news? This is frustrating!

1 Like

No matter the face I choose the always on display is a generic analog clock. I am about to give up on the app after spending $5 on displays with always on displays I love but can’t use. Disappointing

1 Like

Hi @nicole.kipphut We’ve confirmed this issue on Gear S2 watches and are happy to share that will be fixed later this week. Thanks so much for your patience!

1 Like

After Months of waiting, nothing happens it always turns back to default.
so i switched to watchmaker its working perfektly!

1 Like

Hello friends.i have gear s3 frontier Bluetooth version connected to one plus 5.i am on tizen 3 and latest facer version.4.2.5.i had the same issue os spontaneous reboot ,crashes with watch face returning to default one.however turning on location service on my mobile totally prevents this and facer works without any crashes.others can try this to see if it works for them.

Yeah for me it worked, turning on GPS in my smartphone seems to fix the issue #3…but when I turn off GPS and DIM the Gear S3 it reset again to default watchface.

@drimranulhaqmd @damianomariotti can you confirm it’s still working after a few hours/days once GPS/location is enabled?

1 Like

Yes.i tried that for about 3 days…no reboot or crash once location service is enabled on mobile.i also tried after turning off location service and immediately had crashes.

1 Like

That’s great news!

If anybody in this thread has tried this, please report if it indeed solved the issue for you as well or not. We’re continuing to investigate on multiple fronts, but glad to hear there seems to be workarounds.

1 Like

I confirm that GPS/location ON in smartphone doesn’t revert the Gear S3 to default watchface, it works perfectly from 1 pm, now it’s 6 pm here and I have the same watchface, with normal usage of the Gear. I think it’s a great thing for me, but I noticed an enormous battery drain, with AOD on and gesture ON, I was at 40% at 1pm, now at 6pm I’m at 2%.
Hold on guys, maybe it’s the right way!

1 Like

@damianomariotti @drimranulhaqmd can you elaborate on which permission you’re referring to for location? Is this in the Gear app? in the main Android settings?

1 Like

I have enabled GPS/location in main Android settings, it is disabled on Gear. I have grant permissions for location to Facer app in main app settings.