Upcoming Watches - Huawei Watch 3, LG Wear, Google Pixel Watch, Samsung Galaxy Watch

Some of the aggregated news on some of the upcoming watches for 2018:

Huawei Watch 3

LG Wear

Google Pixel Watch

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2018/07/28/google-pixel-watch/

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch Release Details: Samsung Galaxy Watch - Our Newest Smartwatch | Samsung US

The Galaxy Watch will be available in the US on August 24th and in Korea on August 31st. Additional markets will receive it on September 14th. In the US, the Galaxy Watch Bluetooth 42mm version will cost $329.99 while the 46mm version will cost $349.99. It’ll be available through Amazon, Best Buy, and Samsung.com. The LTE version will be available through AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Samsung.com later this year.

• Either a 1.3-inch (46mm) or 1.2-inch (42mm) Super AMOLED touch display with Gorilla DX+ glass
  • 5 ATM water resistance and IP68 dust resistance
  • Either a 472mAh battery (46mm) or 270mAh battery (42mm)
  • Runs Tizen OS 4.0
  • Exynos 9110 dual core 1.15 GHz processor
  • A heart rate monitor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and barometer
  • The LTE version include 1.15GB of RAM and 4GB of storage
  • The Bluetooth version includes 768MB of RAM and 4GB of storage

**IMHO - Looks near identical to the S3 to me.

1 Like

Some new qatches on the horizon:

Skagan Falster 2 (arriving Sept 12)

Diesel On Full Guard 2.5 (Coming Oct)

Casio WSD-F30

Got my Galaxy watch today… except the bigger battery, it’s nothing more then a S3 in drag… But I like the S3 so i,m cool with it… But the be honest, The Gear S3 looks better… it’s closer to a “normal” watch.

Smart people will skip the Galaxy and buy the reduced S3… same hardware for half the price… you only need to charge it every 3 day’s and it get Tizen 4.0 next month

I saw this one the other day. It’s beautiful. Unfortunately, I have not had good luck with Samsung products, so I’m not going to buy it, but nevertheless it looks really nice. YouTube

I own two of them, the new Galaxy watch and the S3 Classic… they work kind of awesome, fast, stable and with a 3 day between charging kinda reliable. But they do run Tizen but I don’t even think that is an bad thing… I would never use an Samsung phone but the Gear’s did stole my heart… I did try some cheap watches like the ticwatch and even an Motorola but they have so many bad sides I did give them away pretty fast (not to my friends, I want to keep them)

right now you see all those brands dumping phones with the old quallcom chip-set… I would not buy any off them and wait 2 months… Diesel, Michael Kosrs etc they now all dump overpriced devices with 2 year old hardware… Samsung gear is also not much new under the Korean sun but they run their own soc who was already a lot better…

In a perfect world you had a dual-boot system… Wear OS or Tizen 4.0… But we live in a world without Unicorns and Triplets for every one… (sorry I have a thing with Asian triplets)

Which Motorola did you have - Gen 1 or 2? I have a Gen 2 that I absolutely love and have never had a problem with it in the 3 years that I’ve had it. I wish Moto was still making those. I’m not fond of the less expensive ones.

thanks for this! i’m very excited for the Pixel Smartwatch and to see what sort of tech we can expect. As well, which phones will be using Qualcomms new chip, alongside benchmarks versus Exynos to see where the fastest smartwatch chip lies and who is using it.

Cheers and let’s keep this thread active.

I had a 2nd generation. There are more people who liked it but it was not my thing… :slight_smile:

Then you better not in a hurry… Google is not going to make a Pixel watch any time soon…

you are correct, sir.