[WatchFace] Winter Wonderland

Thought I would get all of your opinions on this first before publishing. The bottom info in the snow I tried to make look like it’s in the snow itself. Is it too difficult to read? Thank you and hope you like it.

3 Likes

Funny but the snowfalkes seem to go up and down

Yeah I think I may need to tweak it a bit to make it more smooth.

At the same height it does tend to blend in.

I’d suggest either making the date all numeric and bigger or move the P and W above the percentages.

I tried making some watches look like text written in sand/snow and it’s hard – without premium fonts.

Maybe change the date to a different font or three lines of text stacked on each other.
IE: (line 1) Day of Week
(line 2) Month
(line 3) Day

Thank you @cth4242! I made some adjustments to the text. Still fighting with the snowing effect to get it to work properly.

Yeah it does appear that the snow falls a bit then rises a little then falls again, rinse and repeat. I do like the idea of having a shadow behind the text but for me I think it would be better if you just had all the text in the snow the same color as the grey text. I do love the face though. I always enjoy anything with mountains in it. :smile:

Looks great! Nice snow effect care to share how you did it? :slight_smile:

I always used a modified version of this tutorial:

Just curious how others are achieving the effect.

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to achieve it with the help of @GAUSS and his winter face. About to publish this face and inspection mode will be on.

Looks great! I like how you layered the background with the trees, clouds and mountain, it gives a cozy winter globe effect!

1 Like

Thank you @cdownie1967! I was going for a cozy winter feel.

Do you make some changes? now it seems much fluid!

Thank you! I did with help from @GAUSS and his code from his winter face.

Maybe darker text in the snow

That’s fair. Thank you for the input!