1971 LED commemoration for Apple Watch

Hi Guys,has anyone do this as a new face retro to copy 1971 LED?

1 Like

Welcome @r.malo
What a nice Idea.
You have inspired me .
Unfortunately I cannot help to get that on an Apple Watch .
For me there is no Apple Template as Blank as would be needed to make that.
It could be easily achieved for the Other watches but you would really need a Pro Creator to get the interaction for the date Button .

what is someone makes a complication all in LED to mimic that retro 1971 style

here is examples

here is other example

2 Likes

if i have time I’ll give it a try with less complications as possible since seems that nothing works with those apple faces

1 Like

Problem with faces for apple watches is, you have to pick one of the templates with forced time format, that breaks true attempt to make it really thematic. Also the refresh rate for elements other than forced time is not clear and can be too low to make own time elements or something even more dynamic.

1 Like

@r.malo
Could look something like this. But what a shame.
As far as I know elements will update every 15 seconds.
If you are Intrested I could carry on and make the time work with the date flipping on after a number of seconds.

I see you have done a layout .
I do not normally work with Apple Watches but if no one picks up your request I will have a go .
I have no way to Guarantee it would work .
I did some apple stuff but got no feedback .
If you are prepared to Buddy up on this It would e fun .
I am not interested in trying to hunt down another Font. I think that one looks ok.

Or get a WearOS/Tizen Watch

2 Likes

dunno if it will works

2 Likes

This is still just a draft. As I said I would have the DAY and MONTH number Flip on after 4 seconds or so .

2 Likes

So @r.malo thank you for the Inspiration . There was something Terribly Exciting about those watches they were so different at the time. So Futuristic.

LED Homage #02# • Facer: the world’s largest watch face platform

2 Likes

WOW!

super cool, that would be nice, can it be available on Facer?

I do not know very much on programming. :smiley:

1 Like

WOW! super nice, I am impressed, its exacly what I was looking for, Looks like a Pulsar of 19971 :smiley:

1 Like

This is by far my favorite, it is even better then I could imaging,
this red led brings me back to 1971 with my first experiance with the PULSAR watch

s-l640

1 Like

@r.malo
You are kind. It is not for an Apple Watch. I am so sorry I could not reproduce the Numerals with the tiny LED dots. I cheated and used an LCD font. But it is near enough for the Time I wanted to spend on it. Making a custom Character Set takes a lot of work.

I think I like it more the way you did it, cool stryle, RETO MEETING FUTURE :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would really like this one also, it looks 1971

1 Like

thx for kindly words and thx for the wirstshot but I’m not satisfied of it, as rusty says it needs a custom pic fonts for better looks that require alot of work and since apple faces are still in beta don’t think that worth the job but who knows :thinking::grin:

1 Like

I am a watch collector for 40 years, Would you like me to send you more ideas of retro digital looks?

1 Like

Here is 1990 futuristic watch, its looks James Bond

1 Like