5 day forecast... worth it?

You can do a search for weather here in the community threads at the top with the magnifying glass icon. The thread about what each day is in reality was a pretty big discussion. I’ve been using Day-1 as today for 2 years now on my personal watch faces which are not published. The forecast is always correct with the actual one. Here is a link to my personal face Private 4 which has inspection turned on and you can see I am only using day-2, day-3 and day-4.

I have not been able to find a code for heavy intensity rain. Your best bet would be to use your own descriptions for each one and use those with opacity expressions to only show on that condition. I have done a few faces with pictures of the text conditions for space saving reasons. They will “not” show the heavy intensity rain comment and only show showers, rain or thunderstorm. I will include the pictures below if you want to use them. They are all in white so I will name them just above the picture so you will be able to find each one. I have also included the opacity expressions for each one. Also since they are pictures of words you can adjust the height and width very easily to fit the space.

Broken Clouds: $#WCCI#==04?100:0$
BROKEN-CLOUDS

Clear Sky: $#WCCI#==01?100:0$
CLEAR-SKY

Few Clouds: $#WCCI#==02?100:0$
FEW-CLOUDS

Mist-Fog: $#WCCI#==50?100:0$
MIST-FOG

Rain: $#WCCI#==10?100:0$
RAIN

Rain Shower: $#WCCI#==09?100:0$
RAIN-SHOWER

Scattered Clouds: $#WCCI#==03?100:0$
SCATTERED-CLOUDS

Snow: $#WCCI#==13?100:0$
SNOW

Thunderstorm: $#WCCI#==11?100:0$
THUNDERSTORM

I also have some that are over and under versions. (2 line) If you are interested in those I can post them for you here also.

yes I am extremely interested in figuring out how to get multi line text =)

OK, here are my multiline text pictures. Name is above the white picture just like before.

Broken
Clouds
BROKEN-CLOUDS

Clear
Skies
CLEAR-SKY

Few
Clouds
FEW-CLOUDS

Mist
Fog
MIST-FOG

Rain
RAIN

Rain
Showers
RAIN-SHOWER

Scattered
Clouds
SCATTERED-CLOUDS

Snow
SNOW

Thunder
Storms
THUNDERSTORM

That should get you going. By the way, all these pictures were done using Roboto font.

1 Like

Okay with all the info passed to me in this post, I went back to my original 5 day and cut the conditions short and then added icons (since I now had room) I think its pretty good… Let me know what you think… (inspection is on still)

2 Likes

Good Strong Topic. I suppose the code for HEAVY INTENSE RAIN is 10. I know we only get 9 codes. I thought I knew something about this weather business but I am not sure now. Today and forecasts 1 are different on my watch. I replaced the Icons in the Default Weather and call them for Day 1 and Day 2. They are as accurate as I would expect.

1 Like

The way it was explained in Weather Forecast - Day Count Issue that day-1 was today’s weather forecast and could be different than what the current weather condition tag is showing. They said that day two was tomorrow. It would be nice if @Facer_Official would drop in on this thread and enlighten us to what they know about it.

This “should” be a link to the search results for weather forecast of which you will find it’s been a very broadly discussed issue in the last 3 or so years.

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy I have tried Invoking @Facer_Official . I am afraid to say it does not work . Thanks for your continuing commitment to the Topic. As Always.

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy . Sorry to hassle you with this one . After Making these watches for over a year I now find out they are all slightly off . In your experience which is more accurate Current or Forecast 1 for the weather of the day.

I’ve been using Current and forecast day-2 for the last two years and have not gotten one complaint from anyone yet. I’ve tried forecast day one and it’s just like was described in link I posted above; it does not stay the same as current. From what I can tell day one is what the weather people think will happen. Current is what is being observed presently.

1 Like

Thanks Sir . I am going to have to give up with the weather for now it is starting to annoy me . I have 3 different legends for Icon 01 and the one on my watch says " sky is clear " . After changing stuff The Facer Current is actually more accurate .

So to continue . I installed the Open Weather app on my phone . So it seems that it is that app that is giving the wrong weather report . Also confirming exactly what you have been saying . Got a few weeks ahead of me changing all my Faces that have the weather on .

Screen_20211219_202814

It’s enough to make a person pull their hair out, and I would if I wasn’t bald. :laughing:

1 Like

Sounds like the weather stick. Hang it outside your door. If it is wet it is raining, if it is white it is snowing. If it is smoldering there is a dragon.

2 Likes

Ha Ha :rofl::joy:

Also reminds me of one of my Dad’s stories. He was servicing telepronters for the GPO (now BT) in the 70s and was doing so at an airport control tower. There were screens and screens of weather data but when a plane radiod in for advance weather conditions for landing the operator just went to a window and looked outside.

2 Likes

That sounds like he used the K.I.S.S. theory of weather forecasting; Keep It Simple Stupid. :laughing:

1 Like

There are some places that the weather changes so frequently though that looking outside wouldn’t work depending on how long till landing lol but some funny stuff. speking of which is there any way to do hourly forecasting? Something that would state like “Clear Skyies for the next hour” or “Expect Rain within the next hour” and I dont suppose there is a way to link to a different weather source either is there?

1 Like

The weather reports come from Open Weather. You can download the app to your Android Phone that I know. I would say that the current weather is probably updated 3 or 4 times a day. Forecast 01 is also today but not updated. Thanks to @mrantisocialguy for the pointers. No hourly updates. That is how it is I am Afraid to say.

2 Likes