A simple stylish watch face, what do you think?

Hi, I would like to know your opinion on this watch face. I like it but it only has 12 syncs in 2 days. What is wrong here? Thank you all in advance for your feedback.

Lite Version (FREE)

Pro with interactives:

1 Like

Nothing is wrong man. Its well laid out, readable, and its got some depth to it. So many times I have put watches up that I thought were going to absolutely kill, and they barely get any syncs at all. The bulk of the people here don’t know anything about watches and certainly don’t know anything about the effort designers put into their faces, nor should they. They like what they like and that’s it. I will say that after doing a lot of analogue/realistic watches, I have learned that most “consumers” here aren’t into them. Colorful digital/hybrids are what they want. Just look at whats on the top 100 list all the time…not a lot of analogues IMO. I am trying very hard to resist making the “predictable” watches for the crowd but if you want syncs, its the way to go.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. I think the same. I thought this one was one of my best. I learned here, that what is good for me not good for other. The taste of other users is a big mystery to me, I’m trying to figure it out but it’s hard

1 Like

At least you’re pushing a 1000 followers, who am I to talk? lol

1 Like

Great looking face. You put some time into this one. Well done. The only input I can say it’s a little hard to read the info. Typical for highly detailed work.
I found it a lot of hit and miss with sycs. I put some big effort faces out there with very little response and than I published a nice classy analog and it sync over 200 in two days. Still going. You just never know.
Keep up the great work and don’t give up.

1 Like

12 Syncs in 2 Days is good going if you did not get Featured. As @kirium0212 said you have to go Toy Town if you are Hunting Syncs. You will not get rewards for your hours of work on Facer.

3 Likes

Thank you all so much for your feedback. According to your responses, it is clear that the design is not bad, but it has no synchronization and I don’t know why. It seems it’s not about quality but about something else… Facer reportedly has over 100,000 users :smile:

3 Likes

That’s another mystery. Almost 1000 followers and only 12 syncs on this watch face? that’s weird :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Haven’t been here too long and share what has been said. I have more faces than followers and my highlight is 1547 syncs of an analog Gulf racing style face (seems common theme).

But yes, seems most want a face that has all the information a smartwatch offers, and that is probably why people buy a smartwatch in the first place.

Definitely not the reason why I bought a smartwatch. I was looking to make my own faces and came across Facer. I respect this community for all the help I get. And I got help in the past from you guys although I did not ask for it - shows me, you respect my work too. That’s all the appreciation I need :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If your Publication conincides with those of the Partners your Followers may not see a notification fom your publicstion because it is swamped by the multiple ones of the Partners .
I have started a Topic on the subject . Please contribute there.

4 Likes

Yes, this may be true, my watch face with the most syncs contains almost all the information that Facer has to offer. This will most likely be the main fault of this watch face. So it’s not important how pretty the watch face is, but how much information it contains. Thanks again for your opinions, I take it as a lesson for the future.

2 Likes

Yes I agree, this is another problem. I’ve seen your topic before but didn’t think it might be related. I don’t understand why they haven’t fixed it yet, it can’t take more than a few days to fix it. It must be intentional! I make a living developing applications, I know what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

As good as it is, and it is a very good design, There are hundreds of thousands of faces similar on here, and what ive found alot of people liking are imitations that dont have all the clutter and home made animations and faces with personality, *something that people can identify with in the own lives. That is why some of my seasonal faces are most synced, Halloween/Christmas etc.
I personally see an opportunity with the colors and design of this face being made more into a 50’s diner with vinyl records as each dial and a marylin monroe or style girly pic of the era image as a logo. I also see this one as a car theme with more engine parts as dials and tools (screwdriver and spanners) as the hands

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback, you are probably right, there are certainly many similar watch faces out there and this one is simply redundant. However, the main reason may be the insufficient amount of information on the watch face, as already mentioned by @tom.vannes

2 Likes

sometimes yes sometimes no, I have many faces with only time , weather and date that are very popular, I have some that only have time that are just as popular, my least popular are ones that have time, date, weather, steps, battery and heart rate, so for me the more I add the less popular they are.

2 Likes

So that’s weird, you say less is more, so what is it? Do you think the look of this watch face is so terrible that only 12 users would sync it in 3 days? That’s weird, I think the look is good.

2 Likes

Great replies from you all. This topic could go on for some time and go in many other directions.
I have figured, in my opinion, there is no sure fire way to figure facer or members out as far as likes vs. syncs. I have 60 published faces with 70 followers and apprx 1800 syncs in 3 months. My notification tab shows added likes constantly. (I know facer doesn’t track likes.) I started doing analog because that is what I like but moved into info faces because that is the demand. I still do analog and all of a sudden it’s my top synced face. Like I said, can’t figure it out. That’s OK
. Classic clean analog which still takes time and effort and info for the challenge and learning computer graphics. Gonna stay with both and have been experimenting with some stuff also.

2 Likes

Thank you, I would also like to be able to see “likes”. This would certainly help with better statistics and at the same time it would be better to know what people like more. Today I released a new digital watch face to test it out. The watch face contains more information and has collected 63 syncs in the 7 hours since its release. There is a clear difference here. Looks aren’t everything! Other factors will be the current season and the current fashion trend.

2 Likes

You mus have a strong falanx of followers who imidatly sync your work. Without getting into the Charts instantly, 63 Syncs in 7 hours is amazing. I searched the Charts but could not see you new Digital Face there. Jolly Well done I say.

1 Like

My followers are great. When they voluntarily follow me, they like my work and therefore synchronize the newly released watch faces, but only the ones they want! As this topic shows, the watch face needs to be informative, beautiful, and users will sync it. Ranking in the top 100 works as a bonus

1 Like