About Galaxy Watch 5 Pro

Hi
I have another question about Samsung WOS. Maybe some expert like @mrantisocialguy @russellcresser or @masterboyhr
could help me. I am really a newbie in this field.
So with the GW 3 loading a Facer dial onto the watch was very quick. The blue circle started and when completed the dial was there.
With the GW5Pro I noticed that :

1. It takes longer for the circle to complete
  2. Sometimes it completes, but the completion cycle starts again
  3. When the completion is done, I have a black screen for a few seconds and only after, or by clicking the Home Button of the watch, I see the watch face I had chosen. In GW3 I immediately had the new dial.
    It’s normal? Does this happen to anyone else too? I’d be curious to know
    Thank you
2 Likes

Yeah I have Found similar . Sometimes I have to Tripple Tap to go to my Facer Favourites to find the Download / Sync . somtimes I have to load a Native / Samsung Face then go back to Facer . I can Imagine it is a stunningly complex job to get all the OS working on all the Different watches . However you would think The Flagship GW5 was sorted First . I do know it is getting better . If you feel inclined you could give Little Labs your feedback with your Watch Model number and Software update number and an outline of the problem .
I keep very few .Faces on my watch but I dont think what we are talking about is a memory problem .

Yes, it’s “normal”.

Syncing from phone is a bit faster than syncing from web/computer.

1 Like

@diavo
Sadly, that slow jerky sync is normal because the new Samsungs are all WearOS. They change watchfaces just like my older Fossil Carlyle running WearOS 2. It’s just another reason I believe Tizen is a better watch operating system than WearOS is, but WearOS has much better support for 3rd party apps. It is, what it is!

1 Like

Thx @mrantisocialguy @russellcresser @masterboyhr for your replies. Now I know it’s normal and I’m calm.
As @mrantisocialguy I too thought and think Tizen was much better. I’ve been waiting until now hoping for a rethink by Samsung, but anyhow I had to resign.
Let’s take what the convent passes.
I don’t think it’s a memory issue either.
It seems that the 5Pro has memory to spare.

1 Like

It’s always like that, some things are better, some things are worse.
Overall I’m more satisfied with new WearOS because of 3rd party apps, as mrantisocialguy says.

I’ll give you one example of a lifesaver app: Radarbot.
This app warns you about speed cameras on the road and yes, there are many apps like that BUT this one is connected to the watch and the watch vibrates when you are approaching a speed trap/camera.

I ride a motorcycle and on the motorcycle I cannot use any other app, I cannot look at the phone while riding but I feel the vibrating watch. Fantastic!

That kind of goodies we didn’t have with Tizen.

1 Like

Bots checking Bots. I have not tried ant 3D Party stuff. This is very Intresting. I know you have flagged the Health stuff. Can theses Apps be swapped on the watch.

Sorry, I didn’t understand your question.Swapped how?

1 Like

If you Publish a Face with The radar on it as the third part App can the user Change it on the watch or Phone to an other Third part app they Prefer.

For Radarbot I don’t think so, if we are talking about Facer. Some can be swapped, the ones you’ll find as “complications” on watch.

To be honest, I didn’t “play” much with app shortcuts, never liked/needed them on a watchface.
I don’t have a watchface that I always use, I change them a lot and then I don’t know where the shortcut is placed, it’s always different.

On watch 4/5 we have better ways to favorite shortcuts:
long press upper physical button (in my case opens Google assistant)
double press upper physical button (in my case opens weather)
quick app launch by “nodding” my fist (in my case opens workout list)

1 Like

Talking about Radarbot, there is no need for a shortcut, you have to start it / open app on the phone first, when app on phone opens it automatically trigers watch companion app.

It can also be set to recognize bluetooth connection and to start when you enter your car, for example.
I don’t recommend it because it eats some phone battery while running so I start it manually, when I need it.

1 Like

Gosh. Learning Day Again.

1 Like

:smile:

That’s why I love this forum. Always something new to learn.

1 Like

Hi @masterboyhr
I agree with you about the community. Not being a mathematician at all i learned a lot about watch faces building in this community and with excellent teachers. In this regard, I would like to address a thought to the unforgotten and prematurely deceased @luckyandrei. Always ready to help the incompetent like me.
Speaking of other things, the App Radarbot Speed Camera Detector looks interesting .I will give a look to that App. When I use the car I have the Radar Alert in the navigator, but I also use a motorcycle and I had never thought of an App for use on motorcycles.
Speaking of applications in general, maybe Tizen was fine for me because I don’t play much with Apps.
I mostly use the watch for fitness; messages; and for calls. So I already have everything I need on my watch.

1 Like

Try it, it’s the only thing I found that helps on motorcycle. It’s not perfect but it’s good. It’s not free but it’s much cheaper than speeding tickets.

The other thing is Garmin for motorbikes but you have to have a helmet with speakers and I refuse to buy one. When I’m riding I don’t want to receive calls or messages. Or, better said, I’m raiding to run away from calls, messages and mails…

My favorite jacket, now I’m thinking how to make a watchface with the same “logo”.

1 Like

Hi @masterboyhr
Whooow!! A full-blown biker.
The motto on your jacket is very very beautiful.
My best compliments.
Even if the bike doesn’t really look like a “biker” bike LOL

2 Likes

I guess it depends what kind of apps you want. I had a few I loved on my Gear S3. Nothing at all of interest to me on the Galaxy 4. The one I miss most was the multitimer. It’s a watch, so you’d think there could be a decent timer widget, but no such thing.

2 Likes

I guess I am one of those rare people that never puts apps on their watch. I have phone apps and make sure I get the notifications on my watch that I want. I even have mine set up so I get notifications from my RING security cameras and it includes a still picture of the event. To paraphrase a line from the old movie Blazing Saddles, “Watch apps, we don’t need no stinking watch apps”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Never had a lot of apps on my watch, but nothing beats a good multitimer when you have a recipe with multiple ingredients cooking at the same time.
I also had a few games because my grandchildren loved grabbing my wrist and playing on my watch.
The selection for the Galaxy 4 is pathetic compared to what was availble for the Gear S3, and there doesn’t appear to be anything new being created except fitness apps. I guess as a relatively unfit old geezer the Galaxy 4 watch wasn’t the best choice for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I had a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic a few months ago. I bought it because my previous watch (Galaxy Active) had gotten ruined from being tossed by accident in the washing machine and dryer. Anyway, I was initially pretty exited to get it, but after I started using it I realized the new software was MUCH less satisfying than my previous watch. Sure, it had more sensors than the old watch, but I could never figure out how to download any other apps for it, including Facer. For one thing, the battery was not the best. If I put it on in the morning at 100%, by the evening I was already down to around 30%. While I did have the screen brightness at full and AOD on, I still would consider the usage as “normal”. I got so unsatisfied that I ultimately bought an iPhone and switched to an Apple Watch Series 8. The battery lasts several days, even with AOD on and full brightness. The biggest thing I like about it is that it never freezes during use. I like to track workouts with my smartwatch, but one issue I had with Samsung watches was that they would freeze up during a run or cycling workout, ultimately closing the workout in the middle of the exercise. I found this EXTREMELY frustrating. I will say that one good thing about the Apple Watch is that it has never froze on me at all. So to wrap it up, I am no longer a fan of Galaxy Watch or Wear OS, just because the experience was rather unpleasant.

1 Like