About Galaxy Watch 5 Pro

Unfortunately we are all Beta Testing WOS3 . Apple do not Beta Test on their Customers . I would Love a Square watch and your Battery Life but I could not live with the 15 minute update . I guess Apple Apps update more Often.

1 Like

<rant>
Those who have never been in the Apple ecosphere, don’t know just how restrictive they are. You can’t set up your device the way “you” want, you have to set it up the way “Apple” wants you to. If you want an app that is not in the Apple store, you cannot side load it unless you jailbreak your device. Then if you get an OS update from Apple it locks your device again and you have to wait for the new jailbreak code to be able to unlock it again, if there is one. Android you just flip a switch to allow sideloading from sources other than Google Play and it’s done. My last Apple product was an iPod Touch gen 4 (2010). The latest and last edition of the iPod Touch is gen 7 (2019) and it has been discontinued already with no replacements except a full iPhone. I swear I’ll never own another Apple product ever again!
</rant>

1 Like

I do agree with you about the fact that Apple is more restrictive than Android. However, I feel that Apple doesn’t allow 3rd party app stores because it puts the security of the device at risk, making it more susceptible to virus attacks. Also, I don’t think it’s right for Apple to have discontinued support for the iPod Touch, being that it is only 4 years old. I do grant though that that model was running on A7 Bionic chip, which probably wasn’t capable of handling iOS 16. In my opinion, Android is not as stable as iOS, and it doesn’t get as many updates. Of course, we are all allowed to think what we want to.

2 Likes

Always make our own choices . That is why these companies make such an Extraordinary amount of Money .

Hi @russellcresser
Again I have to agree with @mrantisocialguy .
For me too, no more Apple products. I had an iPhone 3 and 4 and maybe it made sense then. In the world there were normal telephones or the first attempts of Smartphones, IPhone in fact.
But everything changes and now everyone is making Smartphones and, I would like to add, more technically advanced than Apple. It no longer makes sense to stay tied to them and their enclosed ecosphere.
I had one of the first iPods. Nice product, light, comfortable, with a great sound, but … loading my music on the Ipod was a mess.
A simple copy and paste was not enough, no, you had to go through iTunes!! A mess.
The only Apple product that I still have and use on a daily basis is a now outdated 2nd generation IPad Air.
I also have a Huawei tablet, but I have to say, I’m better off with the iPad.

2 Likes

Altough the security risk is higher with Open Stuff the development curve is Faster.

1 Like

Also started with Iphone and switched to Android, for me Android is much better choice. I hated Apple software and limitations, I really did.

For my sister Apple is much better, she cannot mess up anything.

So, as always: pros and cons.

2 Likes