Animation preview

Hi all, I’ve got a face with a few different sequences in there. The preview image in the app doesn’t show the moving images (it’s just static, whereas it moves on the website). Usually I’d add $#DWE#>0?0:100$ to an image in the top layer, which makes the preview in the app move correctly. That no longer seems to be working though… Any suggestions? :blush:

1 Like

In the Thumbnail prevewews that trick will show a Static image that you prepared from the sequence . Nothing will run . You need a seperate Bogus Image . It will only show while DWE is OFF .

3 Likes

Do you have an example? I’m not sure where to put the bogus image. Sometimes it works and others it doesn’t.

2 Likes

I was facing the same trouble two days ago. Check the example there, it seems working for me

3 Likes

Was this to make the preview animated or static? I’m confused because it was showing the animated version in the preview yesterday. All I did was add an element and now the preview is static.

1 Like

It was to make there at least something visible in place of the sequence. I have no idea how to make the preview animated when the sequence is used. But the sequence was simply missing on the preview.

3 Likes

Hmm there is definitely a way to make the preview animated…unless there’s a point where there’s ‘too much’ for the animation to show…Let’s see what the community comes up with. I’ll keep digging in the meantime!

1 Like

I think Facer move to the 5 second Preview has stirred some of this Bogus Preview up . It will never show an animation running as DWE is essential for any Sequence other than Hand made stop frame using a different timer .

2 Likes

But why was it working correctly yesterday?

1 Like

Where are you looking APP or WEB ?

1 Like

In the app. Even now the animation flickers for a second and then disappears. On the Web everything is fine and the preview is correct

1 Like

I worked out how to do it! I now have a face in review and the animation is playing perfectly. I am so happy haha the solution is so silly :rofl: What would be the best way to help the community with this? It does involve manipulating a few things so I’m not actually sure it’ll publish correctly after review haha if it does, I’ll post a tutorial for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is In Review a Partners thing . I for one are not sure what you mean . But very Happy that it is Working For You .

2 Likes

Yes, premium faces are reviewed before publishing by the Facer team to make sure everything is working correctly :blush: sadly, based on what @tom.vannes has said, the animation will likely no longer preview after it has actually been published :pensive: We shall see

1 Like

No I don’t think Sequences have ever Peviwed . As a partner you must be entitled to use SHADERS . Tat is a different Ball game Something we know nothing about Here .

1 Like

Nope, I don’t even know what you mean by shaders really haha might be something that’s only being tested by some for a wider release later but I don’t have any info on it unfortunately

1 Like

Yeah . That Sounds about right . SHADERS are 3D Real Time Animations Created on UNITY 3D . They are run with a Script that is a Spinoff of C++ as far as I can tell . There are Spaces for the Script on Creator which is Very Tantalising . But as a Free Maker I can only look and Wonder . You will see the Shader at work on the Faces of B# and others of course . They are notable as they Preview Running on the apps . Do not be confused with those who make 5 second Stop Frame Animations pretending to Know what they are Doing .

Ahh interesting, yes I’ve seen those (I definitely don’t have access). Fingers crossed they can work out the bugs and there will be a wider release at some point.

1 Like

Yeah I think that is the IDE but I don’t think it will ever be for Free Makers .