Apple Watch "Depth Effect"

I just saw an AWESOME “depth effect” design from Kellstar Designs (Kellstar Designs - Mars Mission - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer). I love it!! But when I go to the Facer Creator platform, I don’t see any tools that will allow me to create something like that. Am I missing something? Please advise. Thank you!

1 Like

To do something like that you would just create 4 layers. The background, in this case looks like a planet with black space is 1st, lowest. On top of that you would have a time and date layer, and then on top of them all, an image layer, in this case the designer has an astronaut image with transparent background. Just make sure that you create your own images or get them from a source where you are not subject to any copyright infringement.

3 Likes

Shame . This is what I get from the link . That is on my Samsung Phone and Tablet . Come on Google you bought the Rights to Android . I wish they had stayed Open Source .

I got the same message -I copied the link and pasted it into a new tab and it opened …er…in Facer!

1 Like

Ah Ha . Needs bit of Voodoo .:rofl::blush::+1:

@wandaoyola . So . Sadly this is not Achievable with the Creator Apple Templates . The Digital time on the Photo Template is always the Top Layer. There is something you can do on an iPhone or MAC and publish them on Facer . Sadly it is just confusing for those who do not know how . I can not help . The partners continue to Publish stuff they know we can Not . Oh well I did not Invent the game I just joined in for a bit of Fun .

This shows you The kind of Face you can make on the Apple System . You will see that some are similar to what we can do on creator . But you will notice that Some we can not but they still get Published as Facer Faces ???
Note you have to select the Model at the top of the Page .

1 Like

It’s not a Partner thing. It’s an Apple/iPhone thing. You would need a current model (Series 8, probably) Apple watch to do that with the image in front of the time. As far as the image, it does not appear to be painted by hand.

1 Like

I appreciate your prompt reply. I own an Apple Watch 8, and while I can successfully create a watch face on my phone, I don’t know how to create such a face style when attempting to create one using the Facer Creator design tools.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try to follow your advice for an Android design. But in this particular case, I was referring to an Apple Watch design.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy… now I get it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have the watch and phone you should be able to do it. Have you tried asking Kellstar how to do it? That is the first thing I would have done. I did not notice if there was image attribution given in the description. That has been a huge issue with all the AI generated images lately, but I digress…

2 Likes