Are partners criteria changed?

Lately i’m seeing featured faces of new partners that let me speechless, i’m not speaking for me to claim something beccause i could never become a partner due my limited capacity and no time due to my job but for who Aspire to become a partner.
So the guideline are that:
To qualify for the Facer Creator Partner Program:

• You must be an independent designer who produces high-quality, innovative, and diverse watch faces on Facer
  • Your watch faces must have received at least 5,000 syncs in the past 30 days
  • You must have created at least one collection of watch faces showcasing your own designs, with a banner respecting our quality guidelines
  • You must be an active and constructive member of the Facer community, including its forums, comment threads, etc.
  • You must have zero copyright/trademark infringement strikes. See www.facer.io/copyright
  • You must respect Facer’s terms of services. See www.facer.io/terms

If you satisfy these criteria and are selected by the Facer team, you will receive an invite by email.

So How or when those partners like

Match those criteria?

1 Like

As far as I know nothing changed. Yes, Facer recently added new Creator Partners after an open application process. I believe the criteria was the same, but designers were also taken from other areas - if they displayed their work on Instagram, or on another watch face design platform for example. There was a public announcement. It mentioned another such application event in the future.

1 Like

So the only valid criteria is the Facer staff choice as is has to be ,all others parameter above are just created for give an illusion ,are not essential

2 Likes

Maybe they have some collections on other social media channels, or the solar system face, which is straight copy of Samsung’s GWD demo face are innovative enough, or the main thing is to just apply.
I cant tell, I missed the window to apply.
truly unique

showcase with banner

2 Likes

Obviously I do not know, but from my perspective, there is only one critiria, and that is you catch their eye & get invited. There are a bunch of folks I know on here who, in my mind should be a partner, as they meet the rest of the criteria, but are not (Yourself included).

2 Likes

For the open enrollment event the criteria (and invitation) seemed to be the same as always, but there was an application to submit. I suppose the application and screening process is the same as if you presented your resume with experience, history, and qualifications - just as with any other position. I saw the application when it was public but did not pay a lot of attention to it because I didn’t need to apply.

2 Likes

If you are screened for a position based on specified criteria. What is the “illusion”? I do not understand what you mean.

2 Likes

I knew the other guys had a window period and an application process, didn’t know it was the same here too…

1 Like

I’m not sure what “other guys” you are referring to. Facer held an open enrollment event for a few weeks recently. Along with the online announcement was an application that had to be filled out and submitted. I presume that now that the event is closed, Creator Partners will be selected as usual. The criteria for selection appears to remain the same: sync count, etc… The only difference is that a larger group was added after the open enrollment.

3 Likes

I meant Samsung’s Galaxy store.

I must not be looking in the right places here, I haven’t seen anything about an open enrollment…

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I don’t have a Samsung, so I can’t get in there to see their watch face selection or who their artists are. I saw the announcement in more than one place but don’t remember where. Most logical would have been here in the Announcements, at Instagram, and at Facebook.

2 Likes

There was an opening window in which, as in any company or store, you present your resume (so to speak), your portfolio, your store (be it Samsung, facer or others), include social networks, put a link to your stores and they study you… surely there will be more windows, regarding Samsung, the process is the same and it has its opening periods, in both companies it is notified on the news page, Facer’s is: https://news.facer.io/ regarding the criteria, more than anything focus on improving your work, see the finer details such as shadows, functionality, hands, etc. stay away from problems and be patient, also try to study the trends to try to be at the top, it is not relevant but it tells you how well you are doing your job

5 Likes

@Linlay and @maximilianoemmanuel thank you both for all the additional info, I wasn’t aware of a few important points.

2 Likes

I mean that you spank your nats to working hard to get 5000 sync, showcasing your design with a banner respecting quality guidelines,be an active and constructive of facer comunity in forum comments thread etc and see a partner like i mention above that doesn’t match anytlthing of that ( i bet he has less than 1000 syncs Total, thaths why facer dont show the sync number of every face) ,what do you will think about those parameter lol

2 Likes

I am not able to comprehend your statement. From what I have seen, the new partners appear to meet the criteria.

1 Like

Well, from what I have seen, some did not. But that is nothing personal against them, its about the system.

2 Likes

yes system is the point not new partners , thx petruccios , i forgot to mention that me to have nothing personal with them

1 Like

Unless you are employed by Facer and have reviewed all the applicants, that is only your observation and your opinion. I believe the topic question has been answered so this discussion can be closed now.

1 Like

You dont deserve any respect,you flagged a my comment that isnt offensive and in front of evidence your solution is close the discussion? Thaths confirm the democratic facer policy, ridicolous ,now flag this to
Flag it again

1 Like

I do not think that it is very Clear on the Facer Criterion for Partnership Application that Involvement on other platforms is conciderd. Many on the Community are Strongly for Facer. I feel that Facer could do well to find a way to Feature its own contributers who make truly stunning work and also have consistently high Sync Rates.

The Forum is very strange. Many begged for a contributer to be removed for being down right Horrid and very Personal and that took ages. Some one makes a valid point and it is taken down instantly.

Are we frightened of the TRUTH here as well.

2 Likes