Become facer creator patrner

hi there, i have alittle question please
if i have one watch face witch has deleted immediately after i published it becouse i hade the name “BMW” on it -
and then i understood that this is canot be done , this means there is not chance for me to become a facer creator patrner in the future ?

thanks.

1 Like

I think there’s a difference between the bot taking a face down and your face getting a takedown request from an outside party. As far as being a creator partner… when was the last time anyone from Facer became a creator partner? I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

thank you!!
Do you think its all ready impossible to become a creator partner?

1 Like

Don’t have your hopes up.

There are many designers who are making really great watchfaces for a long time and have not been invited to become partners.

I think that ship has sailed…

3 Likes

I dont think it is impossible but it is more Diffucult for sure. Wait till the next Open Invitation comes Round and jump in.

4 Likes

It seems to be easier to publish your independent paid faces on play store (which does not guarantee you any sales, just some place in well hidden corner of the shop), than becoming partner here.

3 Likes

Yep, my thinking exactly. I’m paying $50/yr to have access to Creator Pro features, and it would be nice to get that back. So I’ve been thinking about deleting some of my faces (the few original ones, at least) and re-doing them for the Play Store (once I figure out Samsung’s studio platforms!).

2 Likes

You definitely have to be careful of what you write in the titles/descriptions. I had one face automatically removed because I used the word “navigator” (meaning pilot, not referring to a proper name) in the description!

1 Like

I understand , but is this counts as a strike? (the watch was removed immediately by the system in my case)

1 Like

how often this rounds comes ?

1 Like

A comet just passed by the Earth for the first time in 50,000 years…I’d say about that often. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ha Ha. @rolandisraeli. I think Facer are Opening an Invitation Once a year. I will try find you a link to the News Letter.
It has been mentiond by Partners on here that if you are a serious Designer and your Copyright Error was a genuine mistake. You will be Forgiven if you are going to make Facer Loads of Money.
It is usualy something in your Title or description that wil get it taken down instantly. There is a list somewhere I was trying to curate.
Looking at you work I can not see much that is a style infringement.
You should eventually get an Email saying why it was removed. You can imagine the Facer Team are very busy with Idiot Stuff.

https://community.facer.io/t/banned-words-likley-to-get-your-face-taken-down-by-the-bot/69742/21

1 Like

Dude,
Stop exaggerating this. When you’ll hit 5000 sync in 30 days, you’re gonna see. But anyway - before you publish a face there is a message which requires you to agree with and literally the first paragraph is warning you about copyrights and in another thread you have been already warned about it and recommended to take it down yourself.

1 Like

Although you may be right . You can still get your face taken down for using words like zenith , ladybird, oyster and a host of other words that are just descriptive . I have Friends that have Exceeded the Facer Syncs Count many times over that have not been Invited to become Partners .
But Keep Tying . See the difference between Free and Premium syncs .

1 Like

So there has to be a difference between a request for take down from an outside party and a simple misplaced use of a word that gets your watch blocked by the bot yeah?

1 Like

Yes . Marvin looks at the TEXT stuff and Humans look at the Style stuff . I am not sure if it is Facer Guys that scan for style . Imagine doing that once a month .
That is why all other Publishers EDIT Before Publication .

Right so it’s your face gets booted for a blatant copyright infringement (eg. BMW logo), that is a lot different than your watch being stopped from publication by the bot for using a word like "Zenith"v in a heading out description.

I’m not sure what you mean by EDIT before publication though?

1 Like

Yea sorry. I was goin to use the word Vet for pre publication check. I hhought that might be be nonsence to some. Words Hey.

Marvin will check the text in the description and all the layers. I used font called swatchint or something like that and got removed. I was being pevocotive so I was not surprised.

Yeah edit before publication would point to a more professional outfit. I used the word Zenith to describe a type of guilloche pattern and the bot took it down. It would be nice if we were provided with a searchable list of no-no words from the front office instead of having to dig for lists made by you.

Sigh.

1 Like

Yeah I used Zenith to describe the Highest point the Sun reaced in the Sky. Why use one word whe 8 would do.

Nice Guilloche pattern BTW.