Can it be done?

Id love for someone to do a face with my ebike logo as the backround . Black backround, bright blue logo, analog, w/date, steps,battery percent. Id be super duper grateful!

Thats the logo. Dont need the words .

Thanks heaps!
Jules

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community Jules, I hope you’re liking it here :slightly_smiling_face:
If someone has the time, I’m sure your request is easy enough to fulfill.
I broke your image down, removing the background too (background colours are easily selected in the Facer Creator) so the images can easily be manoeuvred or edited/resized -
EBike 02
EBike 03
EBike 04
This has all given me some inspiration as well, but I must ask sorry: is that EBike Logo yours to use/do you have permission to use it? We wouldn’t want any Copyright infringements you see.

4 Likes

Hi @jhagie65 I have the time to give it a go. If you confirm the copyright ownership I can throw up a simple PoC (Proof of Concept) and we can take it from there?

3 Likes

No i dont own it. Its the logo for the ebike I own. Id just really like to have it on my watch.

I dont own the logo. Do you think if i contact the company they might let me use it for my watch? I mean its free advertising for them. Let me know, i don’t want to break any laws here.

Perhaps another creator can chime on the Best Practice for this kind of situation with their experiences?

If it is their own Brand Logo, then I would assume that the best avenue of approach would be to contact them, and ask if you can use it. I’ve done that before, but with only about 15% responses, mostly positive.
The other option would be a good challenge for the Community, to actually design a cool EBike Logo to your specific liking :thinking:
(P.S. I did sort out some images earlier in my laptop, but I don’t get too much time sorry: something will emerge from my Creations sooner or later though, I’ll keep you posted).
Here’s an example of an image that could be utilised -
E-Bike
Could even be an idea for a Battery Gauge :thinking:

3 Likes

Muito lindal!!!

1 Like

Interesting Idea @icrltd4 so I ran (biked?) with it…

https://www.facer.io/watchface/R24aTi264p?draft=true

Anyway this is just an exercise - what would you like @jhagie65 ?

4 Likes

Uau!!!..

1 Like

The thing is under the Educational licence you are allowed to represent most stuff if it is not going to be used commercially and does not undermine the value of the Brand . As always Duplication before publication will ensure you have a copy if marvin does not like it . It is a good exercise to contact the Owner of the Brand . I think the maker could be surprised by the reaction of the Firm .
Obviously there are exceptions and some have been noted on the community .

3 Likes

This is what I did with the logo as is

4 Likes

Yeah that is nice . I sent an email to LECRTIC out of interest .
I am a Free maker on Facer Watch Faces . A User has asked if it is possible for one of us to make a Face with your Logo REPRESENTED in the face as a background as She Loves Her Bike so much .
This Face would not be sold on the platform . Could I / We have your permission to use your logo in the Form shown in this shot .
Thanking you Sincerely

4 Likes

Great info thanks @russellcresser :+1:
@EBD I love the look of that eBiker Face, maybe add a customised E-Bike Logo on the right hand side :thinking:
Fun fact: I’m sure everyone who knows me here would expect that Bike to travel across the Face if I was creating it :joy:
E-Bike Gif 02

3 Likes

You know i want that snazzy Lectric logo with day/date, battery %, steps, heart rate

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to create a unique E-Bike Logo for you @jhagie65 and here’s what I’ve managed so far -
EBike 13
EBike 14
EBike 15
EBike 16
EBike 17
EBike 18
EBike 19

5 Likes

So we got a reply from LECTRIC .

Yes absolutely, thank you for reaching out and asking!

@EBD I would like to forward your POC . Or that of any one on this Project . I think we should send Published Previews . I would say they shoud be Free Faces so as not to raise the Copyright question .
This is the 4 th time I have asked a Company to use a logo or Image . I have always been granted permission with great Enthusisam .

4 Likes

Wow that’s awesome @russellcresser - Feel free to take the Lectric eBikes PoC above as an example of what something might look like.

@jhagie65 now that we’re all free to continue, what would you like to see based on all that’s been posted above?

EBD

3 Likes

Awesome, well done Russell :+1:

1 Like

Can I offer these as a contribution . Change the name to Protect the Innocent .