Do I need to change anything about the clocks during a leap year?

My intention was that in the new year the fireworks would appear on January 1, 2024 and then the image would be different but…very complicated in my opinion but I came to see if someone could develop this idea for me, just for a model now in 2024…

Minha intenção era que no ano novo os fogos aparecessem no dia 01 de janeiro de 2024 e, em seguida a imagem ficasse sendo outra mas…muito complicado em imagino mas, vim ver se conseguia alguem me desenvolver essa ideia, apenas para um modelo agora em 2024…

1 Like

1st of Jan should not be too difficult…

1 Like

Will you be a friend? I had this idea but I can’t even imagine how it could be done? And, not even making the image return to the previous one on January 1, 2024…I think I’m inventing and dreaming about a lot of things…laughs

1 Like

The tags that I was using were from Facer’s early days. They worked if it was a leap year but automatically did not change back to non-leap year.

2 Likes

Use #DD# in the opacity field. If the value is 1, it is New Year.

3 Likes

This depends on what you had in those designs, or what you plan to do. Plain dates work automatically, no action needed.
Formulas for countdowns (for example to Christmas) need correction to 366 instead 365 days in time from after the date in year before leap year to the date in the leap year. We discussed it here Christmas Countdown

1st January is in the part of year, where leap year does not have influence, if you just want something to appear or disappear on that day. The condition is easy, works same on every year $#DD#==1?100:0$ for opacity (or different numbers for coordinates, if it is animation which needs to be shifted out of screen)

4 Likes

I published this the other day . It is open to Inspection . I have absolutly no Idea where the Countdown Formula came from .Community Gift . It needed Fixing this year for some reason . I have not tested it for all the years that are shown on the Creator Time Machine . I have tested it out till the Unix Timer is Defunct . All the timers will change after that .
I have modified the formula for different Aniversarys . it is not that difficult with the help of #DD# on the time Machine . It is relatively obvious which numbers have to be changed . Remember ther is an extra Leap year every 400 years .

3 Likes

I like challenges, sometimes, but I doubt that what we do here, will be still in use in 2400. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I see it in a way that maybe we’re creating a legacy here.
Some kids in 2400 may dig out the Facer archives in a museum, play with a smartwatch, and think: “Wow, these guys were on it!” :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Sadly they are going to have to build themselves a converter from the 32 bit UNIX Timer to the new one what ever they decide to call the 64 bit one ( and a chat with Marvin on the server in L.A. ) However the Elgin Pocket watch sitting next to it in the Cabinet will just need a Couple of Twiddels of the Winder .

5 Likes

Thank you all very much… I would really like the image to change just for New Year’s Eve and then return to the normal image, I’ll see if I can and then I’ll put it here so you can take a look.
I loved the screen that my friend Russel put up with the phrase passing by, I’ll see if I can put it up for the day first.

Muito obrigado a todos…eu realmente gostaria que a imagem mudasse apenas na passagem de ano e, depois voltasse a imagem normalvou ver se consigo e depois coloco aqui para que possam dar uma olhada.
Adorei a tela que o amigo Russel colocou com a frase passando vou ver se consigo colocar a mesma para o dia primeiro.

1 Like

Check here, it explains it quite well:

3 Likes

This is a countdown days to christmas day (25th december for those not sure) for leap years and non leap years:
$#DISLEAPYEAR#=false?(359-#DD#):(360-#DD#)$
Using the day in year tag and leap year tag are the key.

4 Likes

Does that give you days till the next on the 26th ?

1 Like

Between 26th and 31st dec it will display negative days that have past 25th from -1 to -6. Then on 1st Jan it will again calculate number of days to 25th dec.
But if that is not desired, just hide the field if result < 0 etc.
Can’t have it all!

2 Likes

The Candy Cane formula stars counting on the 26th . This will work for any anniversary you care to find the day number of . Have a look it is a fabulous bit of maths .Well it is to me . Not my work . It was left somewhere on the Community as a gift . I had to tweak it as the Syntax Mods broke it but I have no memory of what I had to do . That is the problem with my Brain . Soon as the job is done I forget straight away . Just copy and Paste .

1 Like

If with everything you do, explain and guide your brain there is a problem now I’m worried about mine…laughs

Se com tudo que você faz, explica e orienta seu cérebro tem algum problema agora estou preocupado com o meu…risos

1 Like

My Friend if you are here you have a problem . Other People have a Life . Fortunately you don’t really need to be a Genius to have Fun . Just Enjoy .
Meu amigo, se você está aqui, você tem um problema. Outras pessoas têm uma vida. Felizmente você realmente não precisa ser um Gênio para se divertir. Apenas aproveite .
hahaah-belly-laugh

1 Like

If you inspect you can play with the calendar date in time machine to see if logic works.
Looks like you can probably do it all in one field…but i like to split it into separate text fields as its easier for me to understand !

2 Likes

Above give weird results for me.

2 Likes