Copyright Infringements Rules/Laws

Just a quickie directed at @Facer_Official really -
How come it’s totally fine for someone to create a Face using the Nike logo and even naming it Nike as well, and then actually allowing said Watch Faces to be in the Top 100 Free Faces List :thinking:
Damn, a lot of people have their Faces taken down for a lot less, so why allow these people to blatantly disregard the same rules we are all bound by and get away with it :thinking: :angry:

8 Likes

From what I know (which isnt much lol) the system isnt perfect, and it IS automated to some extent, but for a face to be taken down it either has to be caught by the system automatically OR the company in question has to issue a takedown request.

so If Nike doesnt care, they wont send in a request.

4 Likes

Ok, but once they issue such request, its aimed also against facer it self, not just the brave soul who dared to commit this offence.
Look at the number one in top 100 free apple faces right now. Its simply template face with a watch company logo pasted on it, where, using same template, logos of others (not just watch companies) landed on other “reproductions”. If left unpoliced, it just gives impression it was ok and even awarded to do so.

4 Likes

Even worse , I had several of my RELOX brand removed, where i have changed name brand, crown logo, and even changed words at the bottom to say Aussie made instead of swiss made. Not one part of the ones that i have had removed have been copy right protected and the only way to get them back is to send an actual letter to American address through the post with my name and address to company that seems to be an actual scam.

This material has been removed or access has been disabled as a result.

Little Labs has adopted a “Repeat Infringer” policy Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Under that policy, we will in appropriate circumstances terminate an account if we determine that infringing material has, or references or links to infringing material or activity have, been posted to Little Labs from the account repeatedly and despite warning to the holder of that account. In accordance with that policy, if we receive additional infringement notices related to your activity or if in our opinion you conduct further infringing activity, we may terminate your account without further notice.

If you believe that the allegation of copyright and/or trademark infringement that led to the removal of, or disabling of access to, your material or references or links was a mistake or misidentification of material or references or links, you may elect to send us a counter notification. To be effective it must be a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

1. Identify the material or the reference or link that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material or reference or link appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
  2. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
  3. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: “I hereby state under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the material or reference or link was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material or reference or link to be removed or disabled.” “I hereby state that I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located or, if my address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Little Labs may be found, and I will accept service of process from the complaining party who notified Little Labs of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.”
  4. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.

Such written notice must be sent to our designated agent as follows:

Copyright Agent
c/o Little Labs
373 Rose Ave, Venice, CA 90291

copyright@little-labs.com

Please note that under applicable law, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or references or links to material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Very truly yours,

Little Labs, Inc.

with all the faces on here that are copyright , like the ones n the top 100 that have stolen logos, have i been sent 9 of these emails for faces that are clearly a joke of a watch brand , and in no way copyright protected… I have emailed them , but they never respond to me and just kept deleting my faces and allowing real copyright material on the site.

it doesnt seem like im the only one after reading the communtiy page, that this site is a scam and allows copyright if your a premium user and everyone else be damned. You cant even save or back up faces unless you dupilcate them , then id have 100s of unpublished faces to go through when lookign for the right one. seems like a huge pain in the ass for a company that is doing the wrong thing

You cant use the nike name or logo its copyright infringement - https://agreementservice.svs.nike.com/us/en_us/rest/agreement?agreementType=termsOfUse&uxId=com.nike.commerce.nikedotcom.web&country=US&language=en&requestType=redirect

1 Like

yes, facer has to control it more strongly and differently.
The bot has caused trouble for all of us, even if there was actually no copyright infringement.
And yes, everything that is a real copyright infringement needs to be removed urgently.

But another avenue that needs to be explored is to educate users better and show them that using someone else’s work in this way basically sucks.

Any artist who has a little pride would never claim anyone else’s work as their own.

3 Likes

Im guessing that things like REFLEX or RELOX or any reassembly of letters like that are submitted by Rolex as possible infringements.

but if nike or other places arent looking for it, theyre not getting taken down

and as for the logo, i dont know why that wasnt caught. i had a circle with reflections on it as a tick at 12 o’clock and it was caught as the BMW logo lol.

I guess, just be careful not to name things like Oyster Perpetual and Submariner and things like that cause those will get caught, and everyone just do your own work.

2 Likes

Whos “Bitching”??
I dont think legitimate complaints are "Bitching or taking the piss . I dont think we as human beings should allow corporations to get away with abuse of its users just because they do 1 thing well. (like sync a face to a watch, as far as thaty goes thats pretty basic code.
Facebook steals information , tik tok does as well, who is to say that this app isnt stealing information or at least not abiding by the LAWS that they set for the users.

I agree, they took down my Garfield watch faces but there are a couple of people that are allowed to have Garfield. I call BULL PUCKY.

1 Like

just saw a snoopy one put on FB a few minutes ago. Got a license to use snoopy I wonder?

2 Likes

I think they might get away with it if He is not mentioned in the Description or Title. It certainly will not be removed from FB. Did they post a Link.???

there are dozens of snoopy, and other copyrighted material on here facer doesnt care at all but they bully me as i have still not heard back from facer about my NON copyright RELOX faces of which 9 were taken down for no reason at all, they dont say rolex, I also changed oyster perpetual to lobster perpetual changed offical to unauthorized, so my faces come under mockery , joke, faces not copyright at all. and they removed them and wont respond to me about getting them back but they allow hundrends if not thousnads of actual copyright material on here everyday

1 Like

Yeah man… Just take a look at the cartoon section. I mean…wtf?

2 Likes

yeah, but if ya cant beat em , join em and stop complaining, its not your problem and your not the facer police.

Just do your own work and be Happy (:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @jnorrell17, I see you have a nice collection there already, so congratulations on that and well done.
As long as we all follow the Rules and have fun creating our own designs, then there shouldn’t be any problems.
I wish you all the best in your Creative journey here, and look forward to seeing what cool and clever ideas you may bring to the table :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is a very interesting and concerning topic. I see many people using Snoopy and other Charlie Brown characters amoung other cartoon characters that I’m sure are copyright protected. One user has about 20,000 followers, so should know better. Search for “Snoopy” and you’ll see a bunch of people using the images.

I know that Facer has a 0 tolerance rule for copyright infringement so I can’t see how any of these people could ever become a partner and I would think they’d be afraid of being sued by the owners of the material.

I would love to be partner some day and I certainly don’t want any legal hassles so I will continue to be very careful of the images I use.
I will keep creating faces regardless of partnership, because I truly love doing this and want others to benefit. I am in this for the long haul. I know what it is like to be on the user end and how hard it is to find tasteful, usable watch faces. What will keep me here is this community and the responses/compliments from the people syncing my faces. If I’m making people happy then I’m doing my job and that’s very rewarding.

EDIT: One designer using Snoopy has 63,000 followers and appears to be a partner as some faces are selling at $1.99. Now that is very interesting :thinking:

4 Likes