Design taken down

Hi @Facer_Official

Today i realized that some of my designs disappeared from my collection with note copyright infringement.

They are:
FR INDY
FR INDY PRO
FR CASTER PRO
FR VIBE PRO

I’ve made all of the assets graphic myself. May i have the specific information at your end what makes those design taken down? So i can always anticipate things for my future creations.

Or maybe it happened due to system technical error?

Thanks!

2 Likes

We need to see the Message you get back from Facer . There is an Case for stuff being taken down after a while when someone from the company concerned thinks the Visual Aspect is an Infringement .

1 Like

Thanks @russellcresser for your kind feedback.

Yes i really hope to get some enlightenment from Facer for future reference

3 Likes

Thank you for yours. As you may know I am trying to Curate a list of Take Downs. Ususly it is something in the Title or Text of your Face. Please keep us up to date. When I get a moment I will add them to the list.
Will you please post a shot or some refrence here so we can see the Visual.
Now if you have not done Already.

DUPICATION BEFORE PUBLICATION

2 Likes

Yes i noticed your take down list. I think i have the shot or kind of promotional image. I’ll post it a bit later as im away from laptop now.

Thanks for the tips to make duplication before publish

1 Like

Yeah . When you can.

@russellcresser this is FR INDY one of design in take down list
looking forward to have your comment. Thank you

3 Likes

good luck getting them back, I had several of mine taken down for the same reason , with none of them having any copyright material. they sent me a letter stating that the only way to get them back was to write a affidavit stating how they were not copyright with my full name and address and post (not email it) to an american address. I emailed them back several times with my statement and have got NO reply for 4 months now. That is when I realized that they dont care about their mistakes and I would not trust this company with my full name and address or any details that they wanted from me.
If they email you a similar request, I suggest you just say goodbye to those faces or do them again. Whatever you do , DONT send them any information about yourself as I have learnt many things about this company doing personal research and speaking privatly to other people on this site and lawyers and that they are scam artists. I could go into details about how they are samming users especially people that pay for upgraded accounts if you wish to email me, but i will leave you one statement. Why dont they allow anyone to sell their faces if they have an upgraded account. What would change if they did? Nothing except less money for them as there would be less free faces to hook people in to use their “free” app

More and more… I’m not feeling very good about my investment of time and effort in this Facer thing…

Well in that case . I have no idea . INDY could be Indianapolis . But that would have got it taken down Instantly by the bot not months later . I just wonder if you have seen something Similar . Nice Face BTW.

1 Like

@dirtycountry79 thank you for sharing your experience, i will not chasing the design back because i just can easily remake it. However, i think its good if Facer could indicate the part of the design or text which violated the copyright rules, so that we know and can anticipate it in the future

@kirium0212 for now i enjoy creating watchfaces and to share it, and hope to be able to sell it in this platform in the future, but this experience made me feel bad

@russellcresser yes i also still have no idea what was the exact reason and according to what @dirtycountry79 said i will not try to chasing my design back. Thank you for the compliment ))

2 Likes

Yes… One of my most used faces. Missing it.
Would be nice to hear exactly why Facer took it down

2 Likes

It could be because of a naming issue. They’ve responded to emails I’ve sent about incorrect copyright infringements so just get back to them and find out what is infringing and edit that element. Facer isnt out to get anyone, they have a automated system that takes faces down if they are named after existing IPs etc. They cant do it all by hand. So if one of yours gets banned, just contact them about it. They’ve always been good about it even before I was a partner.

2 Likes

This makes no sense to me. If the system is automated they would have been taken down right away. If it took some time afterwards then seems to me you were being reviewed. I see nothing in that design that could come close to copyright issue.
I hope we get some clarity on this. I know I’d be upset.

2 Likes

Oh I didnt realize they WERE published for a while then removed. If that’s the case, then someone must have issued a take down notice. So either it is too similar to someone elses design, or a brand got wind of it and sent in a notice for either design or the name possibly.

2 Likes

Doing a web search, I find an Indy Pro which is a bodybuilding show in Indianapolis put on by Set For Set. Also, an Indy Pro connected with the body style of the Indy Car style of race cars. Either one of those could have stumbled across your watchface using that name and complained to Facer about it. Even though it obviously doesn’t have anything to do with racing or body building. It seems like it’s something like that which wasn’t prefiltered search for the Facer bot or someone just happened to see your face and thought it looked too much like one they had ownership of. I would lean more towards it being found by the name. That is one of the reasons I always name my watchfaces MAG and then a number. The other reason I do that is because I got tired of trying to come up with unique names for each design. I would remake it and then make a copy of it like @russellcresser does for that “just in case” scenario.

2 Likes

I certainly hope it was the case of the name. If it was taken down because the watch looked similar to someone else’s work, or someone complained about that, then that is problematic since so many watch faces here all look like other watch faces. Perceived similarities are totally subjective (unless it’s clearly obvious) and no one here can say that they haven’t “borrowed” or gotten inspiration from a design concept of a watch face here or any other place for that matter. There are only so many original ideas to go around, and that goes for anything design related. I for one would be totally pissed if I got a take down order for something like that thus threatening my chance to become a Facer Creator Partner in the future.

3 Likes

@kirium0212
@feryagustoni77

Totally agree and hope it was the name. There are sooo many incredible designers on here and there are going to be similarities. I’m very proud of my work and try to be as original as I can be, but as kirium has said, you can find similarities within anyone’s work if you’re set out to do that. I certainly don’t want any copyright issues. Everything I use is either handmade and/or incorporating a purchased image. It is not easy to be inventive, creative, and original within an 1 1/2" circle.
I spend countless hours every week working, thinking, designing, and trying to come up with original ideas because I love making watch faces. I enjoy the challenge.
I would love to be a partner one day. I see a lot of people bitter about the process with arguments that they should already be partners. I think just because you are a good designer and meet the criteria, it’s not enough. FR design could easily be a partner - I love this person’s great work. Whoever decides to invite us as a partner is likely looking for a combination of things, some of which we might not be aware of.
I just hope that Facer treats us all fairly, with respect, and is understanding of the challenges that we all face to avoid any issues of copyright or other issues.

2 Likes

Hello,
Did you ask Facer for details? I had a free design taken down years ago because it used Roman Numerals. Apparently, so did Rolex. I simply supplied my source and license info and it was put back up. Facer is very fair. It is not fair to them for members to say negative things because of a lack of communication.

2 Likes

Hi,
Yes i did and still waiting for the feedback which i really need to know exactly the reason so i can anticipate things in the future design.

So far i only assuming its about the name / word and i start to think as @mrantisocialguy to use the number for the design’s name

Thank you

2 Likes