Design taken down

Thank you, that exactly what i feel and intention of drafting the design. At least i need to be careful about the names

2 Likes

there has been no communication for 3 months from facer other them asking for me to send them an affidavit by mail (not email) with my full name and address, they never told me what was copyright or breaking a rule, they just took down 9 faces and have not responded to 3 or 4 emails that I have sent them requesting any info on why they were taken down. lack of communication on their behalf is a great reason to be upset about losing work for no reason

I can understand why you are upset. I was when it happened to me. That only thing I can suggest if it happens in the future is to include in your correspondence your reason for selecting a name, and links to any sources from which you obtained each element. Some “free” graphics sites will not allow their art to be used as a main element - even if you are a paid premium member there. Otherwise, you are required to give them attribution. If you painted an element using a graphics application add that information because some apps supply pre-made images. Just be as transparent as you can up front.

2 Likes

@dirtycountry79 I just took a look at your profile. I can only guess that if you used the “R” word but changed 2 characters, it would be common sense not to do that. It may have been picked up as trying to circumvent an automated filter that might be scanning for the name of a well-known watch company. As far as your use of the Van Gogh work, that could be at risk as well. You would need a license to use that because Facer is a business. Use and Permissions of Collection Images - Van Gogh Museum

I’m not trying to pick on you, but it is usually helpful to research if you have any doubts. If you need permission to publish something in question, ask the owner of the original work. If a name looks too close to a trademark, don’t use it.

2 Likes

Hi again @feryagustoni77

As I suggested on instagram, the best way to know the reasons of getting your faces down is by hitting the blue button that you can find on the email you received with the takedown notification. As far as I know, Facer won’t give you details on that mail but if you want to know why, you should do that. Hit the button > fill the form you get > that will turn into a ticket > copyright team will work on it. That’s the flow.

2 Likes

Thank you for feedback and suggestion @riczurdo .

So far i already made myself a notes for the taken down design possibilities for my anticipation in the future.

2 Likes

I liked that design (FR Indy) and it looked like one by Almarinov. Check it out. Maybe that’s why they took it down.

1 Like

So many watches here in Facer look like other watches. Similarities will always be subjective unless its a totally blatant copy. If they start taking down watches that are similar in appearance to others…well that’s a very slippery slope indeed…
I also don’t believe that they would as that would be the end of Facer as far as the paid and free content they get from designers on a constant basis.

2 Likes

I have no proof, but I think the bot takes watchfaces down for the words it finds in the watchface, it’s description or it’s tags when it gets published. Once published I would suspect that it takes a formal complaint or takedown notice from the company or person “claiming” to have the copyright for that design.

1 Like

I had a Face taken Down because the Font was called " swatch.io " or something like that. I used it to spell the word snatch on the face. I changed the font and published it without a problem. I find it difficult to take it all seriously.

1 Like

Oddly enough, if you have not discovered this, if you rename the file name of the font, Facer uses the file name and not the name coded into the font for its name. Here is my proof. The text is in the Allershire.ttf font. All I did was rename the font’s file name to Mr.Antisocial.Guy.ttf and you can see how Facer reacted to that.

1 Like

Oh cool . I was actually not trying to get something past Swatch I was just having a Game with Marvin . But that is well handy to know.

1 Like

Marvin has to stay far from alchool
We removed the watch face “fasios expro” that you posted on Wednesday, November 2nd 2022 at 7:25:32 AM +00:00 because our system flagged that it may be infringing on the copyrights or trademarks of these brands: BMW.

If you are the copyright/trademark owner, the agent of the copyright/trademark owner or otherwise have documented permission to publish this watch face, you can appeal the removal. Upon proper proof of your ownership/authority and completion of the applicable documentation your watchface may be re-activated. Please make sure to attach any relevant documentation to your appeal so our team can review it and process your request.

immagine
I have a copy that i repubblished and no problem since where the fk is the BMW infringment

1 Like

You are silly . It is Obvious to me . It is the little Meshing Cogs you have on your Face . BMW have Cogs in them . Everyone knows that . Its Not my Friend Marvin’s Fault . He was not Programmed properly .
Hey Jolly Nice Face BTW :::)))

1 Like

Lol , my tractor has cogs to ahahahah , thx for support, new one was deleted to :sleepy:, reposted a new one again , i make 100 copy of it ahahahahahah

1 Like

I can’t help but think your description of the watchface is what is getting it removed. Why don’t you post your description here and see if we can find anything that Marvin might be getting indigestion from.

On second thought I wonder if this part of your watchface is what Marvin is hitting on thinking it’s the BMW logo.

Capture

2 Likes

May be we have to wait 6 days till the Moon is Full. Then let it out Again.

3 Likes

re LOL ahahahah , btw my original description of the first one year old version deleted was “keep experimenting while i’m in free trial period”

2 Likes

Well, there you go; BMW hates the word FREE just because they don’t make any money from it. :rofl:

2 Likes

im betting its the tiny screws you have around the moon. I had done one a couple years ago that got flagged for BMW with a similar screw/rivet.

1 Like