Enough is enough

After recent events and all that is going on in my life right now, I am quitting Facer for the time being. Some people never know when to stop, and after a comment today being 100% nasty towards my mother, the time has come to say “enough is enough”. I wish you all the very best in all you do, and hope you create loads more Faces for everyone to enjoy.

10 Likes

Please don’t go. No one here feels that way. The rest of the community is here for you and many people reported that comment.

Please do not let one toxic person drive you away from the freinds and connections you have built here.

We are all here for you, and each other.

12 Likes

I have to agree with @rob.fisk, don’t quit Facer just take a vacation (holiday) from it until things calm down. I have resolved to ignore things that irritate me. Silence is more effective than anything else in combating an internet troll since all they want is attention.

11 Likes

This is very upsetting to see. I was wondering WTF happened to instigate this, so I looked around and then I saw it. That comment is the meanest thing I have ever seen in this community. I flagged it, as I am sure others have, and told the moderator as much in my reasoning to flag it. You are one of the kindest people in this group and it isn’t right. Take a break, and shake it off, then please come back. As one of the kindest people here, you try to help others, and that means engaging in dialogue. Infortunately dialogue fuels the fire in some folks. The rest of us want you back after you take a break.

:pat on the back emoji:

11 Likes

@icrltd4

Dude, don’t do it, please!

Don’t let one person force you to quit

You are easily one of the reasons I come back everyday

As mentioned, take a vacation if need be
Please don’t quit altogether

10 Likes

Thanks for your comments, support, and friendship everyone. I might return after a while, but in the meantime I wish you all the very best in your real lives, and on here.

12 Likes

My Dear Friend. Sadly that comment about your Mum was not personal to you or your Mum specifically . Unfortunately that is just what Bile looks like in Words . I actually feel like a Break myself. I never Imagined any thing like this could happen in such a creative community. I am going to have to go and see what gives on Thingiverse. Gizmo please do not leave the phone off the hook so we can DM you. Fucking Sad Day :::)))

5 Likes

:sob:

3 Likes

I quite understand the need for a time out after this but please return to us soon. We are all here for you.

Even if you break form the public forum please also know that any of us are just at the end of a DM should the need arise to talk outside of the real world circle.

3 Likes

This is very unfortunate ro read. I’ve not been with Facer all that long yet but I already feel a strong sense of community. I love the support and help I get and love to help others as well. We all have a passion here. We are all creators and inventors on here. I am also a musician. I create music and while it’s different there are also many similarities. We are artistic.
Unfortunately one person can do a lot of damage. One abusive mean and hateful person can get to us and cause anxiety and I can understand the consequences.
I will only say this: Don’t let that bad piece of shit (whoever it is) control your life and decisions because that’s giving them the power.
I’ve enjoyed your comments directly and indirectly and I will miss you. Please give this some thought as you take a break.
All the best, Charlie

4 Likes

@beatnickjones

The fact that you had to come into this thread to spew your vitriol trash proves who the real narcissist is.

And all that crap you posted about not being a Satan worshipper only to state above

“Hail Satan”

You are the epitome of a troll.

@Facer_Official time to delete an account
Maybe ban “its” IP address

7 Likes

Well said. If anyone should be leaving I think I know who I would choose and it would be by defenestration.

3 Likes

well i was just given this. so …

Regular

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

Don’t let stupid people take you down to their level, they are stronger than you down there… Stay above.

4 Likes

You did start out well in the community and I enjoyed several of our previous interactions. It is only over the last week that things seem to have spiralled out of control for you.

3 Likes

@icrltd4 Gizmo, we’ll be waiting :blush::handshake: come back soon

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s a pretty common one. Well done to you.

3 Likes

Awwww sad to see ur decision, but understandable! I hope you decide to just take a break and come back. Try not to let others get the best of you . U will be missed on here for sure :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

5 Likes

Ok I just got the Thing why you wanna leave … DON´T this Person is not worth it and don´t let them win . People only have so much Power over you as you give them … And by leaving here u give them all … From the comments of this Person its a very Bitter and maybe lonely one whom needs help lol… I hope this made any sense here … Ya know im German …lol Guess all im trying to really say is just Do Not GO !!!

9 Likes

I think we should let @icrltd4 have his break now. He will come back when and if he is ready.
He knows we will all miss him while gone but let’s give him his space. Leaving, or taking a break, that’s his choice and he needs to make it.

I dug in too much earlier, just trying to help, and it escalated things.

Thought with you Gizomo. Fare as well as you can.

7 Likes