Expressions for Sun & Moon no longer work

Sorry to join the conversation so late.
I had a User for whom the #DISDAYTIME# did not work on his Tick Watch so I cobbled together a Down Home method of flipping the opacity that is near enough only being to the nearest MINUTE.

$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?0:55$

Some times usefull to have these bits in your Spares Box.

2 Likes

Hi @icrltd4 and @kingDavid
As @kingDavid suggests i will try too deleting and rebuilding the layer. Let see if something changes.
@icrltd4 says that in his GW 46 mm all is working. Me too i have a GW 46mm that now i use little, so i will do a try with this watch too. The fact is that my GW 46 mm is updated to the latest firmware, but still running on Tizen 4.
Thanks for your interest
Cheers

Mine is Tizen 4.0.0.7 but my software is R805FXXU1FSL3

Hi @russellcresser
Better late than never LOL :smile:. Thanks having joined and for your contibution.
However, I must ask you for an explanation. Your formula is for sun; moon or both?
Again i have to insert it in rotation?
I did a try inserting the formula in rotation of sun and moon icons and…i have obtained 2 moon icons.
Yes, the sun icon became a moon icon so, could you explain how i have to manage the formula?
Thx in advance
Have a nice day

Deleted : (

1 Like

Hi @russellcresser
Thx for your help, but what i have in my face is another thing. I have formulas for sun and moon with hands.
In my face i have a sub icon and a moon icon. Of course sun should be visible only during day time, and moon in night time. Once all worked well, changing from sun to moon about 19.00
Now change is erratic. May be i have a moon at 10.00 and a sun at 20.00
Thx anyway for your help
Have a nice day

OKJack.
Listen this is the first time I have tried to contribute to the community.

I have had a look your watch at the beginning of the is conversation. I assume this is the one you are still talking about.
Your problem has a very simple solution. You have Two Images on 2 separate Layes in the same place and you switch the OPACITY with the formula I posted as a solution earlier. Swapping the 100:0 to 0:100 at the end respectively. You wil have to swap thos numbers abou till you get it right.
You could have the Facer Moon Phase gadget there or leave the classic symbol you have already.

You must remember the Sunrise and sunset Data you get on the Facer. io is from Los Angeles. So when you run the Time Machine at the bottom of the IDE it will be wrong for you. You cannot check it other than Sync it to your Watch and Stay up all night to check when it Flips on
If you would publish the Watch with Inspection mode Switched on I can then look at your code and give you blow by blow help.
I am not on Pro or Premium so you will have to publish it for free temporarily. You cold take it down as soon as I have looked at it. Remember to bublish a DUPLICATION.

the other Problem is we all go to bed at different times.

Nice Clean watch Face. Please stay with it we will have it sorted soon. I guess like me you are quite new to this. There is a lot to learn and lots of Makers who are more than happy to help you learn.

Russell

Jack.
My most Profound Apologies.
I just checked your Profile.
You are Not a Newbie at all, like me.
I see from a Free publication that you have The Moon jumps to the center.
Please try that Grunt formula I posted.
I know it works on the Tick Watch.
I am a little confused about which OS you are Taling about.

Russell : )

Hi, I would not rely on the #DISDAYTIME#.
If I let it run to another day in the preview it always stops working.
Maybe try to use conditional expressions for the sunset and sunrise to shift the image out of the screen, or under some mask. Something like this:
(160*(((#WRH#*60+#WRm#)>(#Dk#*60+#Dm#))+((#WSH#*60+#WSm#)<(#Dk#*60+#Dm#))))

check the example, its open for inspector

The Inspection is not open on this one. No little Rocket. But the #DISDAYTIME# seems to run on this one OK. On Facer.io/creator it will only toggle for the current day . But I am not sure about the formula above which is similar to the one I used but has a different structure.

Inspection is open russellcresser, you need to open the Face to see it, just click on the Changing day Indicator to open it ok

Cool. Thanks. Sorry I did not know that trick. While I am still learning I am still Intrested. I wonder why you decide to dissappear stuff shifting of the screen. I have the habit of flipping the Opacity. As I am still learning I am Intrested to know the advantage. I understand you could fade the opacity then swipe it off the screen. As I said still learning. Thanks again.

I’m still a relative noob here myself Russell :joy:
Not quite sure you’re trying to accomplish there, but Mr Antisocial Guy helped me out earlier with making something fade in and out if that’s of any help to you and you can find it by clicking HERE ok

Yeah. I have used that Tag Maths or similar to fade the face during the course of the day and flash Colins etc. Love the Face you linked me to. Love the Turbine blades. Unfortunately I come to this from the gadget end, my background is coding things like Arduino and basic CAD for 3D printing. I need to spend some time on Gimp to get a bit of a polish on my stuff : )

Ha ha, you’re already hugely more clued up than me on here then

One gets to know some stuff quite quickly. I had a lot of help from the guys on the Slack Forum. My ambition is to make nice Graphics like yous. : )

1 Like

I use opacity too, on elements that allow it. However some complications, like moon phases, do not have that option.

Hi
I want apologize for my late reply, but i have been busy as a gardener at home LOL. Now here i am.
Before all i want thanks you all guys( @kingDavid ; @petruuccios ; @ThaMattie ; @icrltd4 ; @russellcresser ) for your help. Now i will reply.
As requested by @russellcresser i have published a free version of my face

or you could take a look at My New Design 10.
Later in the morning i will try the formula of @russellcresser working with 2 icons, but not in the same place. I will position sun at 12 and moon at 6.
Talking about DISDAYTIME, may be that after all now it works. May be because on Wednesday i installed an update of Facer Companion as for Wear as for Tizen?
There is a difference compared to the past. Before the change of icon ( sun/moon ) took place about 6.35/6.40 and at 19.30/19.40
Now i have sun about 8.00 and moon about 21.00. At first i thought that there was something wrong, but later on i did a consideration. I live in Italy and here we have what we call “Legal Hour” that is sun hour +1h.
Considering this 8.00 are 7.00 compared to solar time; and 21.00 are 20.00. At this point, i could say that all is working in the right way. What do you think about?
Many many thanks to all and my best regards

The trouble is the Sun comes up so early in the morning at the moment. I will check it on my watch tonight. I see My new design 9 FREE 2 ICONS that transpose. But the one here has them superimposed. I Prefer this one I will test it : )

Yeah. That’s annoying not to be able to phase some stuff. I understand now why you use the Shift . I am a complete Lunatic some of my first coding was to replace the Facer Moon Phase with my own as I found the 8 on the Facer Standard Issue very disappointing . I managed to get one with 28 images superimposed. So that was animated with Opacity. I only achieved that with the help of @lucky.andrei @ThaMattie and many others. : )

1 Like