Expressions for Sun & Moon no longer work

I checked this watch this evening. 9 FREE It seems to be Fine. I actually missed the Flip as I was busy as you can imagine designing watches.
You must also remember that the Data SR, SS, LOCATION LAT, LNG and Weather etc comes from your local weather station via WiFi and is transfered in my case, fom my phone to my watch via Bluetooth. So for all these things to work all the time you need a fool proof connection. He He He. So like me today developing a Location Dot based on LAT LNG I have been Rebooting all day. So frustrating. But usually I look at my watch and that Data is there and it is correct. I use SR SS a lot on my Watches. Good Facing : )

Hi @russellcresser
I remind that you apologyzed having told me a newbie. Your apologies are unnecessary, because i’m really a newbie. Not for my stay here, but because there are more things I have to learn than things I know. All complicated by my poor knowledge of mathematics, so i must deeply rely on the help of the very good mathematicians that are here.
Said this i would like that you could take a look to my face. I have modyfied it so that only the active icon is visible. How? in a very simple way, masking the inactive with a black circular shape :smile: :smile:

Thanks having told that my one is a “nice clean face”, You see, i started the game of watch face design mainly for my own use. I think, my personal opinion, that a watch face must be a watch face. I see ton of faces that look like anything but a clock. Others are so cluttered of dials, informations and so on that in practice they are unusable because unreadable. So i decided to build my own shoes :smiley:
In pro faces i have all the informations a guy can need, but one at a time, You cycle through complications with a tap.
By the way, i looked at your faces that are very nice and it seems that you are close to my philosophy regarding watches.
I have appreciated your travelling sun in the
RISE & SHINE #CIANO
and
Flip & Shine #20

About this may be i could have your permission to use formulas for rotating sun? I would take the formulas for future use.
I apologize for the long answer, sorry having bored you :blush:
Have a nice day and let me know if i can use those formulas

Jack. I am very excited to be in touch with some one who likes a Clock Face. Learnt something today. I have never thought of hiding something with a black disc. Thank you so very much.
I have published All my Faces open to Inspection. I only hide the Faces I publish as Tests to show my Partners.
I was helped more than I can say. These formulas are well beyond my capability. However with the skills I do have I recognise some elements and Butcher them till they do what I want.
So they were gifts to me and they are gifts to you.
You are very welcome.
You are so respectful to ask me.
You have @ThaMattie @lucky.andrei @Batwolf and many others to many to mention by name to thank really.
Please look at BM 28 ROT #08. that is at the limit of my current capability. Grand total of 8 Syncs. These 24 Sun and Moon things are not that popular. Appeal to the Lady’s and you will Hit the Charts : ) : )

2 Likes

This text will be hidden

I see from the preview of your Watch under the Description there is a Gyroscope symbol. I had a look through your Tags. I cannot find your use of the Gyro or Accelerometer.
This is not down to you it is an Error with the Facer Platform.
If you had the spare time you could could send feedback to
facer-support@little-labs.com
That would lend weight to reports that others are giving.
It is a bit misleading.
I will have a look at the new watch on my Laptop it is easier to take apart there : )

Hi @russellcresser
At least two of us here think that a watch is a watch. Happy to see that i’m not alone LOL :smiley: :wink:
Looked at the face you have mentioned. Whooow pal!! A very hard and long work. My best compliments
:clap: :clap: :+1:
I just did another modified version of my face “My new design 9” using your formulas and idea to have a rotating sun. I made some changes to your original concept

1. Instead of a sun changing colour in evening/night hour in those hours i have a a sun changing into a moon
  2. I have sun and moon without sticks. Or, better to say, sticks are there, but being black on a black background you don’t see them, As simple as drinking a glass of water. What about?
    here is the face
    jack - My new design 9 ROTATING ICONS - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
    Of course i credited you :smiley:
    I appreciated very very much your permission and your kindness.Many many thanks
    I will stay tuned with your faces to discover new things.
    Have a nice day

Make that three!

1 Like

To tell the truth i told a fake thing saying “At least two of us here think that a watch is a watch”
In reality there are very many guys sharing watches that are watches. We are not absolutely alone
:smile: :smile:

1 Like

Hi @ThaMattie
I have just corrected my previous statement. LOL :smile: :smile:
Anyway happy to know that you are one of us
Cheers

1 Like

Ohh. And then there are Hybrids. Then suddenly you find yourself doing a Dot Matrix Face with a 24 Hr Thing Hidden behind it. I don’t think there is any end. It is like a Tree growing and they last Years : )

1 Like

Jack Et Alles. Soon I intend to publish the watch I wear most of the time. It is a bit of a sweet shop thing but most of my favourites are crammed on it.
See something like HYB-GY BM28NS. I will explain all in the comment the I can put that one to Bed.

Hi @russellcresser
I saw your comment on my face. Thank you so much. Could you explain better what you mean with a separate path for sun? About 24 hr watches i don’t like them so much.
I’m used to read hour as 20 to 5.
In 24 hr watches you must read 4 and 40
It’s a matter of habit LOL
By the way a credit to you was mandatory :smiley:
Cheers

Respect.
It is Your Style. I just meant that the Sun’s Transit has its own path and does not go over Date, batt pwr an Heart Rate. Annoying if you want to see the Date and it is 6 pm. Or its 6 am and you really want to know how fast your heart is beating as you are so excited about your up and coming day : )

A watch, by any other name, would still tell the time.

2 Likes

@diavo said: At least two of us here think that a watch is a watch.
@ThaMattie said: Make that three!
@Batwolf said: A watch, by any other name, would still tell the time.

To which my statement is that there is only one time when a watch isn’t a watch. That is when it’s no longer being looked at. Then it becomes a “watched” in the past tense…I’ll just show myself out. :laughing:

3 Likes

@russellcresser Hi Russel
i completely agree with you about sun covering date and BPM. Not a good thing at all. It’s not a question of style, but the truth is that i modified that face in a hurry. I realized what you say after seeing the face at work on my watch. :grimacing:
I have just updated the face modifying the sun/moon path. May be you can take a look and tell me what do you think? I will appreciate.
The 2 icons stil pass over the battery image, but to avoid this i must shorten too much the sticks.
Mainly this is a face who was not born to host a rotating sun. I did a try on the fly.
I will build a face tailored for the rotating sun :smiley:

1 Like

Why not make some room with putting battery text into the battery icon and make them slightly bigger too?
obrázok

2 Likes

Hi @petruuccios
You have had a great idea :smile: I have just updated the face following your advice.
Take a look, if you like, and tell me if it seems better.
Good advice is always appreciated
Cheers

2 Likes

If you apply the stroke effect to the text to get the edge, you need to test it a lot. For some of my watchfaces, it didn’t work as it should.

1 Like

The text needs some sort of contrast outline for the case when there is no full battery. Be it white text with thin black glow or stroke or black text with white glow or stroke. And as Petr said, check the result on watch.
The glow may need to duplicate layer to get more accent

1 Like

I’m attaching a snapshot of what it did to one of my watchface. Therefore, I point out that the “stroke” effect needs to be tested a lot. Or better yet, avoid it.