Faces deleted from my box

I’m new here but I just noticed that there are faces in my box that the designer deleted. So if you purchase a face and the designer decides they want to remove it you just lose out? How does that work anyway. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You will need to contact @Facer_Official by emailing them at facer-support@little-labs.com to get an answer for that question.

3 Likes

Really, I take it no one else has experienced this and doesn’t know what’s going on? How can a designer delete a face and have it deleted from your box if you bought it. No one has had that happen? A dimmed watch face in your box and you click it and it states designer deleted watch face? I had like 10 yesterday.

1 Like

Yes, when they are gone - they are gone.

If you have them downloaded on the watch itself and if they are still on your watch - they will work.

Set Facer as your watchface, long press the screen of the watch, tap CUSTOMIZE, swipe right.

1 Like

If the design was created by a Facer Creator Partner I doubt they would remove a design.
It might be a different set of rules with a regular member using Pro Tools and selling a design.
If you can remember the designer, contact them.

1 Like

As Linlay mentions, If the design is from a partner it’s unlikely I’ll delete it (if the content is paid), if it’s free from a partner, it might be a free version (temporarily), which after a while removes it as a way of promotion (but only with free), if the model comes from someone with a subscription to the pro tools, that’s another story and this designer can remove based on their own criteria

2 Likes

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. In the last 3 days I’ve had about 15 of them do this. That seems like an awful lot going bye bye. Why would it affect your personal box if you’ve paid for it. Seems off.

1 Like

OK, first that says it’s a premium watch face. That is only able to be used by premium users. I have a free account and I can’t buy a premium face unless it’s made by a Facer Creator Partner like B#, Batwolf, Linlay Designs or other FCPs. A FCP will just about never delete a face, but a Pro user can delete them any time since they do not get paid for them. When you have premium, you are only paying for the “use” of all premium faces, you don’t own them. Which is one of the downfalls I see with the subscription service system of providing an object, digital or physical makes no difference.

2 Likes

As mrantisocialguy says…

Premium watchface is one thing and paid watchface is another.

Premium means that you can download all premium watchfaces for as long a designer keeps it.
When I make a premium watchface I don’t get paid so I’m not obligated to keep the watchface “alive”.

2 Likes

I suppose the bottom line is that to avoid your situation if you are going to pay for an individual watch face, or use the Premium service it is safer to sync a watch face from a Creator Partner, rather than from someone using Pro Tools to create a monetized design with a risk that it may be removed. It is a shame because many of the designs by members using Pro features are excellent.
I agree that it is all quite confusing.

2 Likes

All I can say for my premium watch faces, I will not delete them. If one has an error, I will fix it or release an updated version of the face.

1 Like

Well it’s all confusing then. I’m not able to find any information distinguishing anything. All I know is I see there are free or premium faces. Then getting bombarded with ads to pay for:

FACER PREMIUM 100,000 faces, just for you.
Unlimited access to all faces + No more ads + Never pay for a watch face again.

So clear this up for me then because I’m new here and things aren’t really clear here. I pay for a “Premium” pass and I can use a watch face for as long as a designer allows me to. Now does that also apply to “free” faces? And why would you make faces for Premium status and not just make it free status if you don’t get paid? So what did the money I paid go towards then. I was under the assumption I was contributing towards designers. Doesn’t make sense to me. The other thing is I don’t see any faces with a price tag on them like I do in Watchmaker. I purchased their one time fee for premium and didn’t know what I ended up buying because they do have price tags on most of their faces. The reason I feel it’s unfair to the person buying the “Premium” pass is because we think we’re paying like a bulk price, not renting, and highly probable will vanish because a designer takes it off. We’re never told this is how it works here. All we see is what’s advertised as “never pay for a watch face again.”. That’s false advertising and poor practice on their part not disclosing we don’t own the face, only borrowing. So now I’m reading where people say if you buy a face. Okay so if I buy a face and you as a designer wants to get rid of it do I lose that face also? I don’t know about this place. If I would have known that I would not have paid for Premium. And I also know now, why you don’t have access to the faces to backup somewhere. Thats pretty sneaky and deceptive on their part. I don’t want to pay for something that’s only available til someone decides to take it down. Nothing against the designers, it’s just bad business practice.

Thank you. You’re the only one that made sense to me. I mean I only see Premium or Free watch faces on the app. If I saw a face I really liked I’d have no problem paying for it but I’d also expect to keep it and not have it taken away at some later time. :rofl: Get it, I made a funny… Time, we’re discussing watch faces… Never mind, I guess you had to be there. Anyway, mrantisocialguy, I appreciate you and the work you put in for designing faces and not pulling them. I’ve had about 15 go away from my box in 3 days and at that rate I’ll eventually lose them all at some point which means I paid to rent and I’d rather purchase for keep.

2 Likes

Your money went to the premium “service” (rental) where you are allowed to use premium faces as long as you keep paying the premium fee. The Facer Creator Partners do get compensation for their watch faces (except the free ones) but the rest of us with the Pro upgrade do it for free with no compensation at all. The free watch faces are always free to use no matter if you have the premium upgrade or not. I am a pro upgrade creator so I can make premium watch faces, but I’m a free Facer user. I cannot use a premium face unless I have made it myself. I cannot sync anyone else’s premium face unless I upgrade my user account.

So, if I want to create premium faces and use anyone else’s premium faces, I HAVE to pay $50 per year for the Pro upgrade and an additional $40 per year for the Premium upgrade. Needless to say, that ain’t happening!

4 Likes

And to make it more clear:
If we (designers) want to make watchface with advanced features (PRO) like complications or color changing we CANNOT make it for free.

So, we have to pay for using PRO features and we cannot give it for free to the rest of users.
That’s how Facer works.

On the other hand I’m not angry because of that, money must roll-in, using such a platform cannot be free in every aspect.

1 Like

Well done , you have made that very clear . People should understand that most IT stuff is drifting towards the Cloud . We will eventually be renting our LIFE . If we don’t pay the Subscription for the Cloud Storage we will not Exist . So at the Moment it is not So Bad. ENJOY.

2 Likes

Wow, now things are making sense. There is nothing I can find that tells you exactly what the premium service is all about except that it says never pay for a watch face again. That’s their pull to get you in. I also searched best I could to figure out how to backup your watch faces in case you had to do a factory reset or other problems you might have on your phone. Couldn’t find anything helpful. Based on what you’re telling me that is seriously abusive to the designers and deceptive to the users. They make us think we’ve bought the faces which at least in my situation should be able to back up faces I’ve selective. That’s just greed on the part of Facer. I feel I need to say that I am very grateful to the designers for choosing to continue doing the awesome work they do despite the fact that it is an unbalanced compensation. My respect to the designers has been elevated to the highest levels for their dedication to their work. Do what you do because you love what you’re doing is a position the majority of you designers seem to be in and I definitely have to respect and appreciate that.

So I’m not sure what facer creator partners are. I’m guessing they aren’t designers but they do get compensation? So this is nothing like WatchMaker then. I paid for what I thought was the same thing here but after paying found out you had to pay again which was for VIP. I haven’t found anything in my life that I loved so much I’d do for free so I can’t understand that kind of dedication. At this point in my life I’m 63 and a disabled Veteran and retired to get out of the rat race. Well if any of you designers have apps or websites where you do have your watch faces for sale I’d appreciate a link to them so I can check their first for faces I like before getting them here or at watchmaker which are the 2 places I go. By the way, I am very new to the smart watch and environment. I purchased my watch 4 Classic 46mm less than a month ago so I’m slowly learning about how all this stuff goes and I hope when my watch 5 pro gets here there won’t be any problems getting faces. Well mrantisocialguy I do appreciate you opening my eyes to how things work around here and you seem to be the one to answer all my questions. This makes me feel like I’m at Amazon and has me feeling guilty for supporting a company that doesn’t provide fair and equal compensation. Well again I appreciate and respect the designers who do create the fantastic faces I’ve seen and hope that in some way in respect to the faces made that you are getting compensation somewhere. This just makes me look at everything with different eyes. Thanks again for every one’s help.

2 Likes

@jimmyweda Partners are those who Facer has selected to receive Yearly Dividends for their work published on Facer . They have sever restrictions on their work , which is inspected before publication , as Copyright issues will get them removed from the Board . They are obliged to make a commitment to the Community . You will see that they also publish free Faces to keep their Place in the Queue. We use to be able to purchase some of their faces without having a Premium Subscription but I believe that is over now .
You can subscribe to Pro which gives you Advanced Complications to Play with . These Faces Have to be paid for . The constraints are not as serious there but Your work can get taken down and not reinstated if you commit Copyright Errors or are downright Rude .
Please Hang about with us . You will be a Very Popular Beta Tester when you get your GW5 .

Hi, @jimmyweda here is the machine “Altaf” LOL. I think you recognized me.
I think there are three different types of designers who create watch faces.
A. Free Designer - Create free faces.
B. Facer Creator Partner - Create free and premium faces and sell their watch faces.
C. Facer Creator Pro Designer - Paid for software to create premium watch faces. They create both premium and free watch faces for all users, but got nothing. Maybe their work not focused to the review team yet.

1 Like

Well I have been playing with my watch 5 pro and I can tell you at least over at Watchmaker I’ve been having issues with faces not working properly. So, I decided to stay here since it seems more stable in regards to the faces. I’m still on the fence if I’m keeping the watch 4 or diving into the 5 pro. The watch seems bigger, bulkier than the 4 but the battery might be what moves me over. Who knows. Thanks for your answer. Either way I feel for the designers, it’s almost like a sweat shop.

1 Like