Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

Jolly well done with the Timing of the Preview . I think it is Funny that all the 3D Ray Traced Animations have Jumps in them . I actualy think the Synced Faces will be the same I could be wrong . I call that Facer Shooting themselves in the Foot .

1 Like

OK. Good point. Added it. Color brightness behind center gear indicates level.

2 Likes

Yeah really nice . For those of us that charge twice a day . I wish we had a way to tell how many times a Face was Inspected . Respect for leaving it OPEN . Interestingly it is the Most Fascinating Work that is left open . I keep thinking of Collections I want to Make . I think I need one for VooDoo .

3 Likes

Truly some great mechanics you’ve been publishing, very inspiring :slightly_smiling_face:
I think there is only a hand count of people that appreciate it, but that is enough :grinning:

2 Likes

I love it! It’s fantastic and way above my pay grade. You are correct though, not many people appreciate it and I am always thoroughly disenchanted every time I put out a tourbillon! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Put me on the list of those who appreciate the effort put in - done a couple myself and i know that they are not easy!

3 Likes

Thanks all!

I’ll share some stats soon. Currently Up&Down leading ahead of the oil pump and the ferris wheel.

1 Like

As expected sync stats are not remarkable. Here the stats for the 1st 7 days:

4 Likes

Sadly, the general population does not appreciate such works of art. We know what goes into these and sure enjoy them! That’s some great stuff!

2 Likes

I had to do it… the pendulum

My first attempt was to use the pendulum formula for this:

((sin(#DWFSS#/2)*30))

But the gear needs to rotate on its own axis, so that does not really work. The gear needs to move on an orbit, same as the planetary gears, but it needs to change direction too.

I used 3 gears, one rotating anti-clockwise, between 90°-270° and two gears rotating clockwise, one for 0°-90° and the other for 270°-360°. But then I thought, should be possible with a single gear!

So the condition is:
90°-270° anti-clockwise, otherwise clockwise. I used #Dsm#%6 to give me a set of numbers to work with for 360 rotation:

$(#Dsm#%6)>1.5&&(#Dsm#%6)<4.5?(13+#Dsm#*120):(-13-#Dsm#*120)$

The same condition applies for the orbital X and Y values as well as the pendulum shaft.

Face is open for inspection. I left the 3-gear option in there:

4 Likes

Nice one Tom . :star::+1::trophy:

2 Likes

I had a water pump lying around and I did not know what to do with it, so I figured I could use it to run a watch. The water flow stops if the water pressure is below 0.5 (Battery <10%).

Will clean it up and publish soon…

5 Likes

Great Fun . Well Done .

2 Likes

Cool!
I was exploring drops of water, but somehow I did not manage… I would have had to make the drop disappear depending on the level of the water. Maybe I should use a funnel … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Mask Mask Mask .

1 Like

I had to try the Geneva gear setup. I added bidirectional movement, a bit of animation upon wake and bubbles flowing through the glass pipes.

Thanks to @petruuccios for the formula. I tried some alternatives, but must say I did not come up with anything better.

But the movement is not quite there yet…

6 Likes

I am using this on a Geneva WIP . Also from Peter . I think you will find #Dsm# is well broken at the moment causing a jump in your Cross rotation . If you make test with ((#Dsm#)*30) in a seconds hand rotation you will see the glitch especially if you run one with ((#DWFSS#)*5) underneath.
(57.2958*atan(sin((1-clamp((2*((#DNOW#)/1000))%8,0,2))*0.7854)/(1.4142-cos((1-clamp((2*((#DNOW#)/1000))%8,0,2))*0.7854))))

3 Likes

Yes, I came to realize that something seems wrong. I could not explain the jumps. Thanks.
Back to the drawing board…

2 Likes

Tom I am sure that error is Temporary . It is too important a timer for Facer to leave broken . I am going to look at the Chrono Timers even though I am not a Pro at the moment .

Here’s my attempt at it.
It is not perfect, but not too bad for a start:

Open for inspection…

3 Likes