Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

Outstanding my friend! I think it would be extra special to see a rack an pinion for the slide :grin:
Fantastic comments by the way!

2 Likes

hmmm, you got me thinking there…

I’m actually working on something, maybe I can reuse that:

TX-CR141

btw. the above watch face is now published: TX-CR141

3 Likes

This is a really awesome thread guys! Amazing stuff!

1 Like

You may have it figured out already, but I thought I might pass this along anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, thanks, been trying to do the rotation in both directions of the rack gear depending on a condition. But I was on the wrong track. It struck me this morning, that the rotation is the same as the vertical movement. Check the watch face now. Still not so happy, since the gear traverses the shaft of the hands…

2 Likes

Attempt at square gears. My first versions looked like they were biscuits… :sunglasses:

Important seems to be position and size. Right gear is smaller and has dents on the sides. (open for inspection)

3 Likes

Gears:

SQ11A3D

Gear_IN
NUT

3 Likes

Looking good - I like the wire frame hands partcularly! I’ve been thinking of making Wankel rotor shaped gears for fun but have too many things going on at the moment to attempt. I’m still amazed at the quality of your gears!

1 Like

Gauss has made a Wankel geared watch….

1 Like

Just had a look at Gauss’ wankel watch - it’s amazing. I was thinking of gear teeth on the external rotor surface rotating inside a ring with internal teeth. As an ICE it obviously won’t work but with the magic of smart watches…

2 Likes

If you ever need an oil pump…

4 Likes

Wonderfull .I was looking at the Hrmomic Drive .That is it just a few more teeth .
I am going to make a new Collection for Gears . Thanks for showing us That .

1 Like

where’s the rotary engine for the Mazda fans? :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

I tried to take these gears from Maurice Lacroix Facer as well as from pictures of the real watches as a reference for attempting this setup. I could not get the gears aligned, so I ended up creating my own gears with a lot bigger teeth. It took several tries and quite some trial and error…

4 Likes

Amazing Well Done. Thanks for posting the Gauss Wankel.

1 Like

And here the gears…
SQ13A
SQ13A3D
SQ13C

SQ13D3D
SQ13E3D
SQ13C3D

3 Likes

Still playing with gears…

Tap the center to change the rotation.

6 Likes

Wow! That is amazing movement. Thank you for the resources also :grinning:

2 Likes

Jesus!

Just when I think I’ve seen everything you guys come up with new crazy things!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes