Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

I do not see how the outer small gears can mesh with the outside ring . I must have a better look later .

yes, it is not perfect, could not get it any betterā€¦ sizing of gears and exact positioning is a drag in Creatorā€¦

1 Like

If you look at the the Vienna Studios effort you will Laugh .
I know what they are trying to do there is difficult but they charge Ā£9 for their Faces .

1 Like

Thanks for the link.
I spent hours aligning the gears and their speed. I think I managed the inner ones quite well, but as soon as you add more gears it becomes difficult. Still working on square gearsā€¦ although I do not like them, I want to get a running pairā€¦ stay tunedā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s a pun in there somewhere! :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve learned a lot, and putting it all together (formulas thanks to @Zieneth, @russellcresser, @dazstacey, @petruuccios), here my latest creation :sunglasses: :
(Tap on the TX logo to open up the watch face, inspection open)

7 Likes

Nicely done, itā€™s kind of weird to see the smaller gear rotating without to be connected to some part. But it seems to be working as it should.

1 Like

Yes, mechanically you would not be able to build it this wayā€¦ the pole and the hands would not work eitherā€¦ I may change it, not sure yetā€¦

update: added bar for the small gear.

1 Like

Here are some of my gears in action:

6 Likes

Outstanding my friend! I think it would be extra special to see a rack an pinion for the slide :grin:
Fantastic comments by the way!

2 Likes

hmmm, you got me thinking thereā€¦

Iā€™m actually working on something, maybe I can reuse that:

TX-CR141

btw. the above watch face is now published: TX-CR141

3 Likes

This is a really awesome thread guys! Amazing stuff!

1 Like

You may have it figured out already, but I thought I might pass this along anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, thanks, been trying to do the rotation in both directions of the rack gear depending on a condition. But I was on the wrong track. It struck me this morning, that the rotation is the same as the vertical movement. Check the watch face now. Still not so happy, since the gear traverses the shaft of the handsā€¦

2 Likes

Attempt at square gears. My first versions looked like they were biscuitsā€¦ :sunglasses:

Important seems to be position and size. Right gear is smaller and has dents on the sides. (open for inspection)

3 Likes

Gears:

SQ11A3D

Gear_IN
NUT

3 Likes

Looking good - I like the wire frame hands partcularly! Iā€™ve been thinking of making Wankel rotor shaped gears for fun but have too many things going on at the moment to attempt. Iā€™m still amazed at the quality of your gears!

1 Like

Gauss has made a Wankel geared watchā€¦.

1 Like

Just had a look at Gaussā€™ wankel watch - itā€™s amazing. I was thinking of gear teeth on the external rotor surface rotating inside a ring with internal teeth. As an ICE it obviously wonā€™t work but with the magic of smart watchesā€¦

2 Likes

If you ever need an oil pumpā€¦

4 Likes