Glass tube effect for watch/battery levels

Hey all, will be publishing this one soon but I just wanted some thoughts on my glass tubing effect for the Watch/Battery levels. It’s one of those case where after so much tweaking, highlight, shadow adjustments and just staring at it, I just convinced myself it looks like glass. Time for some outside opinions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, to lume or not to lume.

Let me know if you got some time. Thanks.

7 Likes

Saw this on Facebook and thought it looked pretty cool actually, but I do hope that you’re aware the Phone Battery Gauges don’t work very well with most Watches :thinking:

2 Likes

Just get a bit of whiteness on the glass so we know where it begins and ends. It has to be a bit comic or we never get the Gag. You need someting under the liquid so we can see through it.

#PBN# has issues? First time I have heard of that. Never seen it come up as an issue on the boards either. It works just fine in my watch. No worries, if the day ever comes where I can actually sell these faces, then I’ll try to be more aware of what works and what doesn’t, hehe. :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s been talked about here before, but a while ago now: I’m hoping others will comment about it here now, just to show I’m not delusional :rofl:

1 Like

I have put #PBN# all all of my watch faces and have yet to get any comments about it. Most are still about steps and weather issues.

2 Likes

I did not use faces with phone battery for long while, so I only noticed problem that it did not refresh since last syncing.
And back to your design, the fluid looks all opaque. And it turns milky (looses color) along discharging, which I do not understand, was it intended?

1 Like

@kirium0212 and @icrltd4 . As always with things that are Complex . You are Both absolutely correct . A good place to look and see what works well is on the faces of the Facer Partners .
Tick watch did not show the Phone Battery Power . It was always very Laggy on my Tizen . These days some have been able to take the WOS3 update so it is not a problem . I used to have both on my face for Symmetry . If I did not have a friend who could test stuff like that for me I would never have Known . I think it is accepted that Users wear their Syncs for Half a day . You are extremely fortunate if you get any feedback from any one . Most often it is another Maker . I never put #PBN# on any faces . I hate the Idea that something might not work .
Shame we can not get a consensus on how it is working these days . We could invite MAG @mrantisocialguy to run a Poll on FB to see if it is working well . I will be surprised if many are bothered . At the end off the Day it is more about how the Face looks . Two side bars with some colour always looks nice .

Perhaps @Facer-Staff or @Facer_Official might Chip in and Hijack this Topic .

1 Like

Hmmm, well I guess I have made fluid in glass, lol. I never said it was fluid but I guess that is what it looks like. I just wanted to make shiny glass. Of course, is my intention was to make fluid, I wouldn’t make the colors change and just leave it one color. It just changes colors to denote the decrease in power.

1 Like

Any way @kirium0212 . #BPN# Left Please :::))) Lets have some Convention .

Why left?

1 Like

I never managed to get phone battery working on my ticwatch. I gave up and never use it. But maybe I did not put enough effort into it. Anyway, I do not really need it.

1 Like

But back to your watch face. I think it looks great. I have not managed to make anything look like a glass tube yet. On my todo list…

2 Likes

Ha Ha . Read First . We don’t have to put icons on the hands or even the date window . A lot of makers put Watch left Phone right if they are using both . It is not a rule . I am jolly glad the car manufacturers decided to get some sort of convention together . In early cars the Hand Break was on the outside of the car because that is where it was on a Horse Carriage :::)))

The only Rule is your Rule .

1 Like

Excuse Me / Us @kirium0212 for Assuming you were showing Fluids . Assumption is the Father of all mistakes . Forgive me for dropping this in since we are on the subject . You will see I just got fed up with it because it was so difficult to get right .

I think you are certainly close to that “HYT” watch effect. I knocked out the segments in mine and changed to one color in this example and it does look very “fluid in glassish”. It’s inspectable for you.

I can try to run my glass technique on your tube art if you have file for me but i do all my drawing in Illustrator first and import to Photoshop to bring to life. See how it turns out

2 Likes

Oh cool. I would drop HYT from the Title of your Face unless of course you have already published . Remember Duplication Before Publication. I can see Marvin Kicking that one out of the Park.
Thanks for your offer of polishing my glass. I use a very basic Render Package on CAD. At the end of the day it is never going to look Real even with active Highlights.
I have something on the Bench which might luook good with Fuids in a tube. I will give you a call one day.

Oh BTW i prefered the Ruby Fluid on that Face.

Wouldn’t dream of using HYT in the name once published. Only boring letters and numbers in my watch names. :grinning:

1 Like

You are getting close with HY00X as it is . Marvin looks at Title First , then Text ( including font names ) . Later on there is some Human Intervention for style , quite often by the Manufacturers . But Micky Mouse is Fair Game .

HY is for hybrid, 002 is well… My second one. :grinning:

1 Like