Glass tube images effects

if you don’t want image based, you could always just make your own font with just the 10 characters…

1 Like

Thing about the image rout is we can have them Reversed and have a flicker behind them. I have drawn a few bits but never my own Font. I must say I am being drawn that way. I was hoping to concentrate on basic rendering this year. Nearly half way through and still making OLED Specials.

@russellcresser I used original thickness from picture above.
I added 2 different lume effect - lume 1 and lume 2 so using lume 1 you can add a little thickness.

Here is a previev explained what does all files contain:

I cant add .zip file here so will add all pictures here in another post

2 Likes

Anyone help how to add all this .png ? (30 pcs)

1 Like

Yeah PNG 640 x 640 maximum .

2 ---------------------------------------------------

3 ---------------------------------------------------

4 ---------------------------------------------------

5 ---------------------------------------------------

6 ---------------------------------------------------

7 ---------------------------------------------------

8 ---------------------------------------------------

9 ---------------------------------------------------

2 Likes

Sort of loosely based on these - Amazon.com

Individual number files are now available in the resources section - Nixie number set and there’s a link to the Affinity Designer file there too if anyone wants to mess around with it some more.

[updated - provided individual files and links]

3 Likes

Thanks to @SR-Design.vision and @richiebee for the Wondrful resources you both have shared. Reflecting the true Spirit of this Amazing Community. Bookmarked Topics.

1 Like

I got the itch a couple of years ago to do a Nixie watch face. I think I used Roboto Thin font for it. It’s OK but nothing to write home to mother about. :grin:

MAG 982
be960a3864a3a90cef7e9220ddad830d_MAG982-preview-round

5 Likes

Very nice, I like the minimalistic style.
I am still tweaking mine. Even made me a simple font. This time seems I have bitten more than I can chew fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have maybe rushed this one a bit using a font with glow.
Thanks to @richiebee for the tube template image.
Still have one face with digits images to finish :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Love it RixMix NixMix . It makes it seem like it is all just done for Fun and you are just Enjoying yourself . I love the Valve check on Wake . Beautiful lighting balance . PS i quite liked the slightly off screen Indicator . It is good to Nod towards Square watches . One day they will all be that shape .

1 Like

Yes, it was just for fun to make and see. Only the font was a bit cumbersome to create, using 5 different free tools, to get from dwg glyph trough svg and otf to final ttf.

2 Likes

My Hat is off to you Guys that want stuff so Perfect . I am sorry to say if it can not be done with the Fonts I have at the moment It can not be done . Though I have downloaded some specials .

1 Like

Looks awesome @petruuccios .

2 Likes

I made a Nikie Clock one of my first faces actually.

4 Likes

Nice Nixie.
Give me Battery power . I do not need steps . I am not lugging a Nixie Down the road . Power leads are not long enough .

1 Like

1 Like