Nixie number set

Sadly, Affinity Designer files are not supported on this forum. If you want the original Designer file, I’m hoping you can download from here - Share-facer-affinity - Google Drive.

In the Designer file, there are five layers for each number, so its messy to work with. :smiley:

all off

10 Likes

Looking really good my friend, just wondered if you could share an Inspectable example at all please?

1 Like

You know you’ve lost your mind when you look at that last image (with digits all off) and you see a Minion standing behind it. :crazy_face: :rofl:

Minion8

7 Likes

Very nice, and generous of you to share - thanks @richiebee!

3 Likes

Fantastic, thank you. I wil try to use them when I get back to PC. Could you please make even a flat top version of the 3?

2 Likes

Excuse me Diving in @richiebee. Thanks for making and sharing the Beautiful Parts.
@icrltd4 This one uses Images for Numerals. Inspection ON.
Sorry have just modified a previous I have not got time to make a new version for all the nice gifts we have been given. Sorry there is no 12/24 hrs at the moment . I will try fix it .

6 Likes

This is the Refrence I used to get started with this game. I think BradC added the 12/24 Hrs option.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant thanks @russellcresser :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will add 24 hrs later if I get there first :::)))

2 Likes

You’ll certainly beat me. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sadly I could not get the @bradtc 12/24 hours to work .I have to do things the Grunt way . My little head can only cope with one conditional per line . It needs a few more lines but if you are going to do this sort of thing you must be prepared to put in a few Hours .Thanks again to Rich @richiebee for the Beautiful Resources .

3 Likes

Yes, with pictures it is a pain… Here’s a “cheap” version of it… But just realized the glow effect does not really do it on the watch itself…

2 Likes

Yeah the Text Glow option does not work on a lot of watches.

btw - how they’re made… The Art of Making a Nixie Tube - YouTube

5 Likes

I think I have seen that video some time ago and liked it. Its nice somebody does them again…

2 Likes

Looking good there @russellcresser. If you want the hours to be compatible with both 12 & 24 hour format, simply use the following transparency expressions in the hour images:

For the Hour 10’s digits:
0: $(floor(#Db#/10))==0?100:0$
1: $(floor(#Db#/10))==1?100:0$
2: $(floor(#Db#/10))==2?100:0$

For the Hour 1’s digits:
0: $#DTIMEFORMAT#=12&&#DhZB#==0?100:$$#DTIMEFORMAT#=24&&(#Db#-(10*floor(#Db#/10)))==0?100:0$
1: $#DTIMEFORMAT#=12&&#DhZB#==1?100:$$#DTIMEFORMAT#=24&&(#Db#-(10*floor(#Db#/10)))==1?100:0$
2: $#DTIMEFORMAT#=12&&#DhZB#==2?100:$$#DTIMEFORMAT#=24&&(#Db#-(10*floor(#Db#/10)))==2?100:0$

9: $#DTIMEFORMAT#=12&&#DhZB#==9?100:$$#DTIMEFORMAT#=24&&(#Db#-(10*floor(#Db#/10)))==9?100:0$

Then just ad a text element for #Da# with a transparency of $#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?100:0$

3 Likes

Here is @tom.vannes “cheap” version for you guys -

2 Likes

And I thought I’d have a go as well (stole @russellcresser little blinkers though :shushing_face: :laughing:)

4 Likes

Those flies are going to get zapped!

3 Likes

Yeah @bradtc what I came up with is compatible with user preference. I could not get the double conditional to work. I just doubled up on the lines instead. Thanks for the Outline. Will have another go soon.

2 Likes