Google Pixel Watch 2

Greetings - wondering if anyone has one and how are Facer faces doing on the Pixel 2?

1. Step Counter (without having to use customizable complication)
  2. Heart rate - reasonably accurate??
2 Likes

Hopefully someone with a Pixel 2 watch will chip in . I know someone mentioned they had one but I can not remember .

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope so. I see really good reviews and really awful ones and I don’t know what to think. The original is holding up OK for now. Most negative reviewers say things like not being able to sync it to their phone (I know how to fix that), and changing the band is a pain (takes practice - I can do it pretty quickly now, but at first it was awful) and it’s too small for some guy with a big wrist. None of those complaints really affect me, so I’m thinking about going for it. The positive reviewers comment on the improved battery life, the better native faces and good things like that. I’d just like to know how Facer will behave. Irene with support says the steps still don’t work. How hard can that be to fix?

OK rant over. :grinning:

2 Likes

It is good you are in touch with Little Labs . If they say it is not working I would take that as read .Shame they can not say when it would be fixed .

3 Likes

Pixel Watch 2 user here. Everything is working well besides calendar shortcut. Other shortcuts and the items mentioned in OP are good to go here. Been trying to figure the calendar thing for a bit and thinking it is something between Facer and the watch. Non-Facer faces work and all Facer permissions are enabled.

2 Likes

Reboot Both Phone and Watch . Presumably you are talking about a premium Face to run a Widget or 3rd Party App .

1 Like

Welcome atomicraiden. My Pixel is the original. I thought I’d hang onto it until the battery would no longer hold a charge which happens to all of them eventually. Are you telling me that Facer step counts work (past 1000) on the Pixel 2? Wow!!! Little Labs tells me they do not, but it could be a different issue. Temptation is rearing its ugly head. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, Santa has suggested a Pixel 2 for Christmas - wondering if I should say yes - can atomcraiden or someone else tell me if the Facer step counter really does work past 1000 steps on the Pixel 2?

If the step counter (the Facer one, #ZSC# not the customizable complication) still doesn’t work, then I’ll just keep going with my workarounds - no sense for Santa to send elves for something that’s not going to solve the problem.

2 Likes

I am sure it will be sorted . I think I saw something about changing a setting in Fit Bit . Personaly I would Carry on Being a Pixie .

1 Like

If you can find what you saw, that would be great. For original Pixel or Pixel 2?

1 Like

I will go hunting . I think it was on the WFS Forum .

1 Like

Appreciate the reply! Have done that plenty of times unfortunately and even had to reset my watch for another reason and after I got it back up and running still there unfortunately.

1 Like

Yup yup tracks all my steps. Have two faces and all work a-ok minus again the calendar shortcuts on them. :+1:t2:

EDIT: Although in reading your message a bit more I dunno the difference in your ()s there about the ZSC versus the complication. Both my faces are premium ones that I would bet use complications? You know a face that doesn’t that I can test for you?

1 Like

Hi, atomicraiden, sure and thank you. Here is one I made that uses the #ZSC# tag for step counts rather than a customizable complication. If it counts past 999 on your Pixel 2 that would be really encouraging.

Again, thank you. If you could send me one of yours (I have Premium also, so can probably download it), I’ll check out this calendar issue for you.

1 Like

Have you guys seen this .
https://support.google.com/googlepixelwatch/thread/184147412/pixel-watch-faces-don-t-show-step-count

Yes, I have seen this - it’s been around a while. He mentions “selecting your complications.” That sounds like instead of a tag like #ZSC# you need a customizable complication. I know those work. I’m looking for a tag or for #ZSC# not to quit counting at 900 and something. Today was a good day - we got up to 983.

1 Like

Here is a bit more stuff . I can only see what is being said about faces being made on WFS . You see they have issues as well .
Do you see 1 after you have walked more than 999 steps .

Here are two develpoers talking about it .
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/305477774

1 Like

Oh wow - that’s cool. As of 11/08, it should be fixed in the next firmware update (they say). I believe that’s due in December. Now, what I don’t know is if this will apply to the original Pixel (that does have Wear OS 4, so maybe), but we’ll see. All their coding examples are waaaay beyond me. I just want to be able to use all the cool designs on Facer instead of always having to make my own.

1 Like

I’m so glad you know how to surf forums like WFS. I’ve been so fed up with the “we’re working with Google on it” line that I’ve been hearing for a year. It indeed looks like somebody really IS working on it.

1 Like

Yeah . It is slightly off Topic . If someone want to take it down they can. It is so difficult to get info direct from Google . They are all about communication but difficult to contact . Samsung have a Chat Bot thing . Does Google ?

1 Like