Having a battery charge indicated by a small hand

This is my problem. I would graphically represent the charge of the watch battery with a small moving hand in 2 different scenery :
A) Small hand indicating battery power inside a full circle
B) Small hand indicating battery power inside a half circle
I tried inserting a lot of tags, expressions [#BLN# / *(-150+(#BLN# 3)) ] in the rotation field, but with no success.:unamused:
May someone tell me which are the right formulas i have to use? Must i insert tags/formulas in the rotation field?

1 Like

Did you check out that amazing tuto ?

1 Like

Hi
Yes, was the first thing i did. What says the tuto works for a circle of 300 degrees. I tried the formula over one of 360 trying too to adapt the formula, butā€¦nothing. It works no more :unamused:

1 Like

This is the formula I use for a 360 deg battery gauge hand. I donā€™t remember whoā€™s post it was to begin with that I copied from or I would credit them.

"Dial using second hand function change rotation value to (360-((#BLN#*3.6)-0)) 
will spin clockwise going down in battery %. Change to (360+((#BLN#*3.6)-0)) 
for anti-clockwise function."

Hope this helps you out!

1 Like

Could you post a picture of your design or publish a draft ?
You need first to initialize your hand to the ā€œzeroā€ position with an appropriate angle x. then the rotation formulae for a full circle (360Ā°) looks like (clockwise):
(-x+#BLN#*360/100)
Same principle for half a circle (180Ā°):
(-x+#BLN#*180/100)

Hi
Thx verry much for your help. I tried the expressions you have suggested to me andā€¦they work in a great way :smiley:
Wonderful. Another small request. If i use half of a circle 180Ā° instead of a full circle 360Ā° can i presume that replacing in the expression 360 with 180 it will works anyway? Let me know, if you like.
By the way iā€™m a fan of yours and onr of yours followers :blush:
Have a nice day

Hi
Thx for your reply. Being a beginner i do not understand ā€œYou need first to initialize your hand to the ā€œzeroā€ position with an appropriate angle xā€. How can i do this? :blush: Can you explain?
I attach a picture with an image of the full circle and half circle i would use.
Thx again, have a nice day

Full circle is the middle left and half is bottom right

1 Like

This is also from a Facer Community post and I didnā€™t document the original postā€™s author or I would credit him. (I take a lot of notes by copy and pasting the information into text files)

1. Firstly you should understand that Facer sees the top point of a dial/circle as 0 degrees.
  1. Next, you need to work out the angle position of your markers for 0% battery level and 100% battery level. In my example above, the 0% marker (red) is -90 degrees from the top of the dial and the 100% marker is +90 degrees from the top of the dial. This means in total the hand has to rotate 180 degrees (90 degrees from -90 to 0, then 90 degrees from 0 to +90)
  1. Next, the battery is represented as a percentage, which means it has 100 x 1% increments. To work out how far the hand has to rotate for each 1%, we divide the total rotation amount (180) by 100 which gives us 1.8 degrees (180/100=1.8). So we now know the hand has to rotate 1.8 degrees for each 1% increment of the battery level.
  1. Now we can put the formula together:

(START ANGLE POSITION +/- (BATTERY PERCENT NUMBER * 1.8) or (-90 + ( #BLN# * 1.8) )

As a note, donā€™t use any spaces in the actual formula. The spaces shown above are just to keep the Facer Community forum from clipping out parts of the formula. (Iā€™ve learned this from past experience) Doing a half one with the zero on the left and the full on the right it would look exactly like the example above after the word ā€œorā€ without any spaces between the brackets. And of course place it in the rotation box.

2 Likes

Oaky !

Left hand:
Select the corresponding picture and paste the formula below in ā€œRotationā€
(-180+#BLN#*360/100)

Right Hand:
Select the corresponding picture and paste the formula below in ā€œRotationā€
(-90+#BLN#*180/100)
NB:1 Look like this one isnā€™t well initially positioned. You may play around the value ā€œ-90ā€ by testing.
NB2: the max value is 72 ??? it should be rather 100ā€¦

Hi @jeberuth

Iā€™ve been following this post and reading the comments, you and @mrantisocialguy did a great job on the formulas

I just want to clarify the ā€œ72ā€ on the picture submitted by @mauriziosignorini1, the number refers to the maximum hours that the real watch will stop at if not worn because it is automatic

A lot of the watch makers use hours rather than % to show power reserve in the watch

Cheers

2 Likes

Many thanks @ozarour !
72 ā€¦ hrs! ā€¦ it makes sense now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

Thx very much for your patience and your help. Now all is working at his best :grinning:
Iā€™m happy now.
Thx again, have a great day

1 Like

Hi
Thx so much for your help and patience. As i told iā€™m a beginner. I presume i have a long way to do in front of me :blush:
About 72, i saw that ozarour gave a reply to both of us
Thx again, have a nice day

1 Like