Hello from a noobie!

I’m Willy, and I just got started. Yup, rookie, wet behind the ears, noob… lol.
I have a question, I created my first couple of faces.
First one was just that, first watch. But my second one, fashioned after my BMW, I think turned out pretty good. (Definitely not compared to some of you though…)
I wanted to share it out for free, but was prompted about patent type of warnings. Which could result in account deletion. So I was wondering how strict that is. I took the pictures of my car’s logo, but did pull a random picture off the web of the dash, because I couldn’t get a good one without glare. But it is their logo and all. If I’m not SELLING my design, (profiting)
Is that still a violation?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome @WillyB . Looking at your profile I see you have not published anything yet.
So before you go any further Do not publish anything unless you have made a copy and publish that . If your Face gets taken down you will still have the original . Also you can delete your own publications if they start to embarrass you . I have not heard of anyone having their Account Withdrawn . Ha Ha .
You might compromise your very slim chance of becoming a Partner if you have infringements under your belt . Your Work is generally covered by an Educational Licence . I am Very surprised what people get away with whereas I had something taken down for using the word Zenith in the Description.

Good if you could share a link to your Draft here so we know what you are talking about .
See the screenshot you will be offered a inspection button paste the link in you massage on here .

Remember Duplication Before Publication .

1 Like

Ok, so I made a couple of changes. I found a better looking logo than my photo. This one is downloaded. But I also modified the dash image to get rid of some garbage and clean it up.
Here is my sample image…be gentle! lol.
I’m not looking to be a partner…don’t really know what that means. I’m just learning, and trying to have some fun. Publishing…throwing it out there, that if someone else thinks it’s cool enough to use, cool. I am more concerned about losing my account over copyright stuff than anything. If it’s not that big of a deal, cool. If it is, then cool…

2 Likes

Not sure if I did the battery gauge right though. The intent is for it to climb clock wise, starting at the 7 o’clock position, as the battery level goes down. I will have to look at that. Couldn’t figure out how to see the animation in progress though. And yea, I haven’t played with or figured out DIM yet. So we don’t need to comment on that mess at this point! lol!

2 Likes

Well Done Sharing the Link . Next time it would help more if you switched on INSPECTION slider at the bottom of the Pop Up.
Not much Time on my hands at the moment . Get back and I will give you more later . Not sure where you are . we might have a time Zone thing . Your Battery Gauge it fine .In this Preview here you press the Play button to simulate it . If you go Fast forward on the TIME MACHINE you will see it follow its path. It does not always work on a lot of faces . Works on yours so jolly well done .

I am sure you must have opened the watch variables window . If you scroll down there are a few sliders for some of the Data settings .
When I have more time I will think of it Better.

BTW . You will never make any Money Designing Watches on Facer if you are not a Partner . Stay With US. You will never lose your account for Making a mistake .
Duplication Before Publication

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I could swear when I posted up the changes to it, that I turned inspection on. My apologies. Let me try again.

I’m not sure about the the watch variables window. Still at the stumbling through the interface stage, figuring it all out. Duplication before publication. Are you just referring to saving your work vs just publishing it? I do save for sure. Some folks don’t?

2 Likes

No Duplicate it before you Publish .

Publish the copy .

and YES

save
save
save
save

There is no Autosave on Facer .

If you click on the Icon Indicated you get to scroll down through a lot of sliders to test stuff . Swithch 12 / 24 hrs , Imperial and Metric.

geT back if you are not sure

2 Likes

Welcome @WillyB nice to have you here with us all. Whenever you Publish anything, always save a copy first like @russellcresser said, but also try to avoid any words in the title or description that could a copyright infringement, for instance, instead of using the BMW letters, you could put Beamer or even Car.

1 Like

Ha. Well, that didn’t take long. Bummer.
Glad I copied it as instructed. At least I can personally wear it, even if I can’t share it.
AND I still have an account.

2 Likes

This is turning out to be a Good Noobie’s Guide . The most important thing about a Strong Topic is the Title and the Participation . So Well Done on Both Counts .

1 Like

Thanks, and thanks a ton for all the help folks! I just tried to publish it again with all suggested “tweaks”. Also figured out (some of) the dim stuff, modified that, and verified that it works. Will see if it can stay alive longer than 5 minutes. lol.

2 Likes

Well done with the First Watch. Drop shadow and all. I am losing the last 25% of the Battery Gauge in the Red haze that is there already . But I see no problems. If you would like to sharing the design by switching on Inspection is Good. Will be good to know how many syncs you get.

1 Like

Russell, I KNOW this time I did select the inspection toggle. So I must be doing something else wrong.
As for the syncs… I have had four already.
Let me go back and try to share it out again, and I will double check one more time on the inspection. But I know about it now, and clicked it…

2 Likes

Ok…I just updated the link above, and before I hit the copy button, the last thing I did was ensure the slider for inspect was to on.
UNLESS you have to use the ‘embed’ function/option if you want to have inspect?

2 Likes

posting again, just to see if it might be hanging onto an older link above…

2 Likes

looks identical to me.

2 Likes

Got to Inspect this one. Great job. Did you Draw the Background or Find it. I never use the Background Layer. I can not remember why. I find it better to drop it in on an Image layer. Then you can name it and you have options to change it in different modes like AOD and Square Watch format.

2 Likes

It’s a hybrid. I used an image as a base, but then modified it, removed a bunch of elements and tuned it to my liking.

Right now working on another one, patriotic theme…but having a heck of a time stacking layers. Used to have photoshop, in which you could create web gifs that had transparent back grounds. Lost photoshop a while back. Gotta figure out how to do that with the tools I now have. So far, using photopea, haven’t figured that out.

1 Like

Honestly, a bit to much red for my taste but I like the layout and function.

Very nice :wink:

3 Likes

@WillyB. I have a post that lists banned words. Sorry I missed exactly what had your Design taken down. Was it BMW in the title or Description. I will add your entry.

https://community.facer.io/t/banned-words-the-facer-bot-will-flag-up-as-an-infringement/69742/4

1 Like