Help Test Please

@mrantisocialguy . What gen is your Carlyle? The user wrote me back today and said his watch is a fossil Carlyle, and sent me a screenshot, it looks just like the one you sent from yours, missing all the right digits. What seems odd to me is he said it looks that way on phone app to? He sent a screen shot of that as well and I will forward it on. My Fossil is a CarlyleHR gen5 and the face still is working properly on it. I don’t know what I can change in code because I need it to select from two different data sets, Russel’s code suggestion will not do what I need unless I am missing something. It’s not an and or or thing it needs 3 different outcomes from that conditional.
Thanks

$

1 Like

Mine is a Fossil Carlyle HR 1464. When I bought it the Fossil website listed it as a 5th gen. It says it’s on Android version:9 with the Feb 1, 2021 security update. It’s running WearOS 2.34 and system version H MR2. I got it from Wal Mart and it was ordered Nov, 8 2020.

On your code it might just be the fact that you are trying to eliminate the leading zero. Are you separating the digits of the time into separate columns or just letting them land where they want? There has to be some coding or expression somewhere in there that my watch face with that font isn’t using that is causing the issue.

2 Likes

Hey @jlcash61 Sorry I went to bed and forgot what we were doing . If there were Two conditionals involved in that case . I would put them on different Tags . I will have another look . Strikes me that your User has OS and or APP Problems. I do not know if every nation on the Planet is allowed the same software updates.
Please post the screen shot of the Phone app . It is quite common for the Apps to miss represent stuff in Preview.

1 Like

I just went into your watch face and noticed something. At least on the 10m you have $#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?187:$$(floor(#Db#/10))==0?170:187$ in the X box. I’ve had issues with some of those kind of expressions and contacted Facer about it. They said I had to put a space between the $$ to fix my problem. I done that and have not had any issues since. You might try on all of your expressions like that doing $#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?187:$ $(floor(#Db#/10))==0?170:187$ and see if it changes anything.

2 Likes

Gentlemen, May I present you with X Factor 2.0 . Hopefully that solves the problem. What is strange to me is that MAG watch seems just like mine and it worked on mine and not his. We both have same model and os version running. My phone is on 11 though and I think MAG may be on 9? The MOD version runs correctly in editor and on my watch so hopefully it will on MAG’s. The user also has a Carlyle, I will post his screenshots here when I figure out how :rofl:

No worries. I also wondered about versions of androids and apps in other parts of the world causing Facer issues. This user I believe is in Italy. I will post his screen shots then. Hopefully it has been fixed with the MOD and can become a resource for the future.

It doesn’t seem to work on my phone, nor my watch (I have a carlyle as well)
I looks like the screenshot MAG showed :frowning:

1 Like

Its making me crazy… It works on mine (CarlyleHR all same numbers as mags), both versions, with and without delimiting spaces.

If I take this expression: $#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?187:$ $(floor(#Db#/10))==0?170:187$
it shows 187 187 on my watch (I have 24h mode and it is 21:41 here)
If I add parentheses, it works: ($#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?187:$ $(floor(#Db#/10))==0?170:187$)
In Facer, adding parentheses turns an expression into a number, so:
( 189) → 189
(000189) → 189
(True) → 1

3 Likes

Thanks for troubleshooting with me. As always this community is top notch, only reason I can find to torture myself this way! :rofl: I will go into creater now and add them… I am still wondering where the break is that makes it act differently for several of us with the same hardware. I will re-post as 2.1

Thanks again
$

1 Like

Looking at it more carefully, the expression does not make sense though… because if the date format is 24, the first one will show 187, and the second one will also always show either 170 or 187, so the outcome is “187”, “170”, “187 170” or “187 187”. The Carlyle probably works correctly, while the others automatically convert to number, dropping everything after the space.
Putting multiple expressions in 1 field like that is not supported and will always fail on some watches. It is better to combine position and opacity, or split over multiple layers.

3 Likes

I normally don’t do it that way… I will look to see which layer it is that I had to pick one number if in 24h and choose between two other values depending on if leading zero was present. I believe it is in the 0hr line. I will keeping thinking about it

Thanks

1 Like

Works fine on my TicWatch pro 3

3 Likes

@kd7eir . Thanks :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Redone a little simpler will add other goodies if working

2 Likes

Hi it is working perfectly on my Fossil Carlyle.

3 Likes

Thanks. If you like face there is updated version with animated distance, nite weather, and moon phase. X Factor 2.0

4 Likes

@jlcash61 I would love to see how you animated the Steps Trail . Would you kindly post your links Inspectable . Having said that I completely Respect if you do not Wish to do that .

3 Likes

I will happily turn the rocket on! Did not realize it was off, I try to always leave on.

3 Likes

Thank you . It is a powerful part of the contribution Here nine times out of ten if you ask here it is the same story .

3 Likes