Help Test Please

It works fine on editor and have had it on my Fossil Gen5 since yesterday, but one of my followers wrote to me and said the display in unreadable. I asked what watch he/she has but have had no answer as yet.
If someone has time and a couple test watches, (I hope to get a couple used ones for this purpose, any advice on best ones to have around for general testing is welcome) it is much appreciated.
$

3 Likes

I’ve synced it on two of my watches. First on my Galaxy Watch 1st gen and it showed up perfect. Next I synced it to my Fossil Carlyle test watch. It was not happy with it. I synced it a second time from the website and it did the same thing.
Capture
To me I would say my Fossil is not liking the opacity expressions for some reason. I’ll be switching over to my GW4 “Active” tonight before bed time and I’ll try to remember to sync it on it also.

To me a cheap TicWatch is a great test watch just because they are so stupid and picky about everything. If it runs on a TicWatch it will pretty much run on anything. Just good luck keeping it working. I’ve had two of them, a new E2 and a refurbished S2. The batteries on both died before I had them a year. I would also try to find a cheap Samsung GW3. Don’t get the S3 Frontier because it will not render colors correctly on Facer. I gave mine away because of that.

2 Likes

@mrantisocialguy . Thank you for your time and effort, that is awesome. It sucks that it doesn’t work right, I was really proud of the auto non leading zero and centering when going out of 24H mode :melting_face: My Fossil is a CarlyleHR gen5 and it is still working on it, odd I would think. Anyway thanks for testing and advice on future test watch. I will most certainly be getting GW3, might just wait for the bug outs before jumping into a GW4.
Look forward to hearing results. Guess its best to stick to simpler layouts till all these bugs get worked out.
Thanks Again
$

2 Likes

works fine on my Moto360v3. It’s the only watch I have. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jlcash61
Good test here. Samsung Galaxy Active.
Good way to up your sync on that. Ha Ha.

NB This is not good code unless you are an expert.
$#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?221:$$(floor(#Db#/10))==0?204:221$
I would put
$#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?221:0$$(floor(#Db#/10))==0?204:221$
I will look at it separately .
Some watches are a bit picky with syntax.

2 Likes

You guys are so awesome! :sunglasses:
Thanks
$

1 Like

@russellcresser . Now thats what I’m talking bout. I knew the syntax is a bit funky to say the least, with some watches wanting one thing and some another. I love info like this. I was doing it that way cause I stopped trying when i finally got it to work (on my watch of coarse), but was not happy with the flow. It forced to align the ordering of the nesting. Love Love Love learning these tried and true methods, it will go strait to my Facer notes for future making!

@jlcash61
This is better code .
I have not tested the whole thing
You Know what && means $ $ are just braces for containing the conditional . I have see several on a line before but it is not best practice .
Try get Mag to test this cod mod for you .
You will have to go through all the lines ,

$#DTIMEFORMAT#==24?133:00&&(floor(#Db#/10))==0?120:133$

2 Likes

Right now it’s working fine on GW4.

2 Likes

@russellcresser . I will make it so. Thank you. Can’t wait to test it

2 Likes

@kourosh . Thanks!

3 Likes

I just looked at my watch to see my step count and noticed that my GW1 was about to start complaining about a low battery. I went ahead and switched to my GW4 “Active” nighttime watch and synced your face. It was totally happy with it and is displaying perfect.

3 Likes

I will now have to go back thru the post and tally. I believe it may be working more than it isn’t. Change the code; dont change the code, that is the question.

3 Likes

I would always go for the tidy Code option. When you have worked your way through some of it. You will see why it is important. I had some code once that just hung my Laptop. One of the guys debugged it for me and then it worked a dream. A lot of it works but not well. Don’t be frightened of ( ) they are free as long as they have partners. Look at some of the Code from the guys that post tutorials.

3 Likes

I’ve found out the hard way that having an odd number of the ( or the ) and you get breaking code.

3 Likes

Thanks and I agree 100%. I would rather write three lines of code that works on all than 1 that works on most. Do you guys think its better to give it a rev number in name and re-release, or update it? Either way it seems people that already have your face want know unless they follow you.

3 Likes

Some use the Notebook++ or whatever it is. I copy and past code into MS Note Pad and then I can see it all. It makes no formating errors on posting it back into Creator. Horid working code in a little Window. Reminds me of the old G Code on a single line display. Showing my Age now.

3 Likes

I use Notepad all the time and all my saved notes on expressions and how to do things in Facer are all in Notepad. It just seems to work nicely for that kind of work. Plus, when I’m doing any expressions with () in them I will count each one and make sure the number matches. I agree that little window is a pain to do anything in except copy and paste.

3 Likes

Yeah I use revision numbers. Copy it In Creator. If you rename a publication it gets confused in Watchbox and so on. So copy your draft the revise the file name. Most just Edit the publication and send it out again. You will find you end up with a load of templates that help you kick start a project without starting from the beginning. I have a few Mothers that keep having Kids.

2 Likes

To count/pair the brackets right, we discused the notepad++ as perfect tool…

3 Likes