Help with Facebook please

Hey Guys,

I am completely new to Facebook and I am trying to join the Facer facebook group as our “page” but it is not working.

One theory is that the problem is because the page is too new and does not have sufficient likes ( followers ?? ).

So I was hoping some of you could help me out by liking our page ( temporarily if you like - just a few days until I can join the group ). If you can it would be much appreciated. :grinning:

I think this is the link to the page:

Thanks

Done.
Let me know if that works. I couldn’t join either, so I’m just in Read Only mode.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t believe pages can join other pages. I joined the Facer Facebook group as an individual person (It’s a fake account for the fake name I’m using for my Mr. Antisocial Guy Facer account) If you make a personal account with your name and no personal information that isn’t mandatory by Facebook, you’ll get right in. (Do lie about your birthdate for sure.) And yes, for those who didn’t already know, Rusty Williams is not my real name any more than Mr. Antisocial Guy is. :laughing:

2 Likes

Just recently I spent hours looking into the same thing for the same reason! Unfortunately, only personal profiles and fan pages can join a group, however… only profiles can join with a group’s default settings, the admin would have to change settings to allow pages to join as well.

3 Likes

It’s much easier to set up a fake Facebook account like I did. Or as I refer to it on my “real” personal Facebook account, I call it FAKEbook. :laughing:

1 Like

I am told by the admin on the Facer page that it is possible to join as a page. Apparently what should happen is that when one presses on join a pop-up appears that provides the choice to join as a profile or as a page. In my case the pop-up does not appear and I am automatically joined with my profile.

As my page is new and has less than the required number of likes ( followers ?? ) to be able to create a username ( 15 I think ) I am thinking that either the lack of a user name for the page or just having insufficient likes is the problem.

1 Like

If it’s based on number of likes, then you are one closer to your goal. I just went and liked it.

1 Like

:thinking: :hushed: :laughing:

There doesn’t seem to be a minimum likes/followers for creating a username for a page. I started to create my own page a while ago but got nowhere with it, so it’s unpublished and has zero likes/followers, but it did let me give it a username just now-- mind you, I had to type it in the box and then exit out of the box, before it acknowledged it. Staying in the box made it look like it wasn’t possible, the button stayed grayed-out.

1 Like

Thanks! If you have a watch face facebook page let me know the address and I would be happy to like it as well. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. When I go to add a username it returns with words to the effect of “you are not authorised to create a user name”. Searching the web I have found help posts that say creating a user name for a page is disable until you have sufficient followers …

1 Like

You must know that I was going to Like your page after seeing this :+1:

1 Like

Wow that is just weird… and so inconsistent of Facebook, since with zero followers I could do it. Although, my page is about 10 days old, if that means anything.

2 Likes

Hi there, the Facebook group is open also for pages, I don’t really know why some of your accounts can’t join in with your pages. I’m going to refresh the configuration to see if that helps. There are a lot of Facebook pages joined, so this is really odd.

2 Likes

Like added

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Facebook wants me to spam my Friends with my page. That will never happen, so maybe that’s why I cannot get in.

2 Likes

You have 3 likes from 3 of my pages (2 are inactive, was surprised it worked) and your follow number is up to 11 now. So if 15 is the magic number for follow, you might only need 4 more…

2 Likes

@mikeoday

Been following you here for a while
Liked and followed on Facebook now too. :wink:

2 Likes

Hope you guys can join in soon!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help - the numbers are not there yet but still growing! :grinning:

1 Like