How many of you like the ART of watches and friendly design contest?

Ooooh. How?

1 Like

I know there will be many others with realism but this is one Ive done as a bit of fun

2 Likes

Lots of work with my negligible skills @rob.fisk :rofl:

2 Likes

That is actually looking pretty good.
Nice touch on the quarter highlights. Just needs a smoother earth anim but, damned awesome.

2 Likes

i ask for joke but seems ppl like this friendly contest so have to give a shot me to, not much free time but let’s start

first 20% is done :sweat:

6 Likes

The closest thing to a watch face that I’ve made that could be considered art would have to be this analog MAG-1700.

7 Likes

finished , you can see preview above updated

5 Likes

Well done @alsx65! Really good!

I’ve been trying to edit out the background leather like texture and been unsuccessful. What did you use to do that? Never mind, i see the comments above to select the other stuff instead. Edit - selecting the other stuff instead is yeilding just as bad results…

2 Likes

Like @Orakix, I also build my images in high resolution, and with a lot of detail. I know most of it is gone once uploaded into Creator, but, I’m still into and enjoy creating the detail. For example, here’s a close-up of the face I posted in the “24” thread, I wanted the compass marking to be engraved and the hands to be polished chrome. I use Photoshop, which has limitations. I’ve read about some who actually use Maya, and I’m wondering what @Orakix uses!

4 Likes

@icrltd4
Thanks, I’m glad you like the indices, I also love them on this face.

@kourosh
I am using Blender and the high rez image you shared looks great! That is the kinda stuff I nerd out about, the super high detail, high resolution images. I have some 4k images as well.

@alsx65
Damn that is looking pretty sweet. I wouldn’t even have though about what you have done. I love the way you pointed to the second dial and the watch power!

@mrantisocialguy
I totally dig that face though. I love analog watches like that.

For everyone I will go and render out the parts individually and post them here shortly.

6 Likes

It seems to not let me upload as a PNG so you will probably have to cut out the white parts. Sorry everyone but it should be easy enough for you guys now that the texture has been separated.

Oh and it looks like I forgot to remove the white part in the indices. I’m gonna just leave it like this but if anyone wants me to do that it should be a fairly easy fix. Just let me know.

4 Likes

Aha! So it is in 3D, which I was guessing, and it is great work!

But I didnt know about Blender. I know of Maya, and I knew a bit of it in Maya version 5 quite a few years ago-- my brother has been using it professionally for over 20 years and now teaches it full time. 3D is hard, but fun.

1 Like

Yes it has taken me 3 years of dedication just to get to this point. It is a very steep learning curve but It was totally worth it. I still love it more and more each face I work on.

2 Likes

You have ignited a learning flame in my brain :rofl: I feel the need to go and check out this Blender now, but another day when I am less busy.

4 Likes

Haha Yeah I bet that picture of bender was made via blender!

3 Likes

A Blender-Bender founder wonder, I ponder?

3 Likes

many thx , glad you like my mod but i wasn’t satisfied with the crown so updated witha clear version and why not adding a compass? done :laughing: and why not adding steps and hr? done just rise your wrist :laughing: and last a red flashing lamp under the airplane when power goes under 15% , now i’m totally satisfied if you give permission i’ll pubblish with credit obviously
final screenshot

ops added moonphase to and redo date windows with a bit of magnify glass

7 Likes

@Orakix. To share a PNG on here it has tbe 640x640 or under. Some Pos thigher Res but it is detail dependant. I can not remember what the memory load is. Shame. I like to work at High Res but if I want to share it I have to reduce it. . Nice to see a Topic running by the Spirit ofthe Community.

2 Likes

Are you going to publish this

Its looking really nice.

I love seeing these little competitions what you all create.

Very impressive

3 Likes

These almost look like wine glasses.

Gives me an idea for a request.

3 Likes