How to add a leading 0 but..?

How would I add a leading “0” to a 12h format but also have it able to be switched to 24h for those using imperial/metric faces?

I had thought I had found it until a user pointed this out. I went through the tags trying them all but none did this for me. Unless I just wanted to stick to the 12h format then I could not have a leading “0”.

• W
2 Likes

Hi
I use that one:
$#Db#>9?#Db#:0(#Db#)$

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Commer’ Adrian, Let me give you a kiss! =)

Thanks, buddy!

• W
1 Like

There are some quirks with leading Zeros but all is possible. Just means more layers sometimes. For it to be user selectable on the watch #Db# has to be in the design some where even if it is a hidden later. I see you are using #Db# any way. Well done you guys.

1 Like

Neat.

1 Like

Hiya Russ!
Well I’m going through all my faces and replacing the TAGs now… hehe ugh fun fun!

• W
1 Like

I like a leading Zero on Digital. I have a thing with Symetry. Trouble is I can not remember that stuff so it is all in my saved Drafts and various folders and files. It is all getting tbe a bit of a mess. I think I am going to spend some time having a Tidy up I have an analogue face that is 12/24 hrs user selectable. So I had to learn the Hidden #Db# trick early on.

1 Like

Hey Russ, I am starting to also have a mess of files and faces that are just like Drafts that I have all of your guys’ strings and tags in. =P
Oh and yep I have to have a Leading Zero as well. =)

• W
1 Like

One other thing I recomend is to duplicate your Drafts and publish that. If you ever get a Face Taken down for Copyright Infringement you still have it. They often get taken down because of something in the description like Zenith and Ladybird. Also if you bring the Publication Back and Rework it the revised File name will not update in the apps or Watch Box and it gets a bit confusing. Any way Enjoy.

1 Like

Yep Russ, I am keeping the Main Draft of most my new faces. I had my power go out a couple of times too while in the middle of working on some faces and so I started saving drats. =)

• W
1 Like

I know this is a dead thread, but does anyone know where I paste that code? I’m new to Creator and could use some help.

1 Like

Looks to me like you know what you are doing from your Debut Face . You have obviously found the little Rocket . You put Code / Formulas in the Fields , like Opacity or , where you changed the size / position of you custom font .

I tend to use leading zero when timeformat is 24 hr.
$#DTIMEFORMAT#=12?#Db#:#DbZ#$

The tag DbZ adds leading zero.
You can also achieve using same using code: (pad(#Db#,2))

1 Like

@5ALARMS . If you are asking specifically about the Leading Zero code / formula @jason.clarke.uk has given us , you Paste it into the Text Later ,Text Field .

Sorry for the late reply. Facer apparently limits the amount of replies new people send.

I’m still confused as to where I should put the code. I tried both codes that @jason.clarke.uk gave me and put them in the opacity slot as shown in @russellcresser’s photo, and none of them worked. Could you please elaborate on that?

1 Like

Sorry I was doing something else @5ALARMS the Formulas above that @jason.clarke.uk has posted go in the Text Box / Field of a Text Layer . Sorry I mislead you . Bad example .

1 Like

It’s alright, I looked online and found another example that I was able to understand. I finally got the leading zero in my watch face. Thanks for your help :+1:

2 Likes

Where about online did you get Formula Examples . Glad you have it sorted . Try to share some shots of your work .

This is the watch face I’m currently working on.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 5.18.50 PM
I got the blinking colon from another thread that you responded to with the code :grinning:

1 Like

@russellcresser I ran into another problem…
When there are no ones in the watch face, it looks normal, but when there are, it starts looking a bit off…

Screenshot 2023-12-08 5.44.23 PM
Screenshot 2023-12-08 6.34.10 PM

1 Like