How to add air quality (aqi) to a Watch Face?

Hello there,
I saw many people using the aqi information in their Watch Faces (for Apple but also Wear OS). Do you know how can I add this kind of information in my Watch Face?
Thanks a lot,
Nelson

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way to do it on Facer.
Not even through Complications.

1 Like

Ok thanks

1 Like

@nelsondos25 are you talking about Temperature , Weather Status and Barometric Pressure . These things are possible . Official Air Quality on a Facer Face is just Misleading . Perhaps you could show us an example Screenshot .

If you’re talking about UV index I’ve been thinking about making a code (not ultra precise). I’ll post it here when I do. Facer does not have a stock tag.

2 Likes

@thomasfmal What Metrics will you be using? I can only Imagine the weather Report and wind Speed. Day and Night bit Obcious,. :joy:. Unless of course you can get the number off the ambient Light sensor on our watches. :grinning:

@russellcresser
Position relative to equator, season, altitude and cloud cover. I’ll try to speed up my idea now that I’ve brought it :laughing:

1 Like

Blimey Mate. That will be intresting. So basicaly just from what we have already. I have been involved with the Calories and Total Calories Debate. In the end I give up. Just keep those expressions for my own entertainment.
I have been meaning to do a Mood Stone thing for a while. A User made the sugestion some time ago when I knew very little. Not saying I know a lot now. But you certainly have a few variables to play with.

I got back to work on my UV index level formula and made great progress. I’m now testing it. I plan to post my formula for community use soon. EXCITING!

1 Like

I love to see a bit of Hocus Pocus. :blush::+1:

1 Like

I’m also interested how can you calculate UV index?

The only solution I found for that is to add complication (PRO only) and then set it to UV index.

1 Like

@masterboyhr I have put together a huge string of equations to produce a number from 0 to 10.

I’ve never seen a UV to set in the complications that you speak of, and I have pro.

1 Like

I don’t know about these Complications . But I believe they are Libraries you can Download to Facer and call it from your watch with a Tap. I think @masterboyhr must expound .

Add round complication, send to watch, set on watch UV index
and the second picture is Chance of rain.
UV index: I never actually used it on watch and at this moment I’m in zero UV so please check if it works, it should work

Chance of rain: this one I do use on watchfaces and I know it works.
Progres bar (circle) shows the chance of rain, 100% chance of rain=full circle
Should be the same for UV index.

2 Likes

Hey @masterboyhr . Thanks for the introduction to the Complications Complication . Being new to PRO I have not got there yet . I note that Barometer Gives me Compass on my Watch . I will have to go back and look at the Manual . Ha Ha . So you have to download the apps to your watch Via your phone or WiFi presumably that are Native to your Manufactures . well Perhaps it is a WOS3 only thing .

I get the same on UV Index NOP.

1 Like

I’m really not sure about UV, I’m an indoor type of person so UV index is not important to me. I still have UV index LOW at the moment, I’ll try to remember to test it when UV changes to something higher.

thomasfmal I’m honestly interested in your solution, please let us know when you make it work.

About complications: Facer didn’t sort it out completely, for example Chance of rain only works as round complication, does not work as short/square complication.

But I have a feeling that Facer is waking up after the two years sleep. They are introducing new things lately.

1 Like

I think Facer has Many Bed Fellows at the moment . Can you Imagine Apple and Google sitting round a table . Samsung is cooking the Meal . Well there are loads of Chefs in there actually . Facer is serving up the Food . " Too many Cooks Spoil the Broth " . " Too Many Chiefs not Enough Indians " . I should think every language in the world has the same Proverb .
I would not even Pretend to know how they could sort it out . I think it is a Minor Miracle that Facer works at all .

2 Likes

LOL
I agree. I’m happy it does work.

2 Likes

Yeah me too . I am having a go at PRO at the moment but I normally have to hunt down Open Source Software to do anything . I am extremely Grateful . The Community is Amazing . I was saying to a Maths Teacher I was talking with on the train , this watch Face Maths is a stunning example of Maths in action . If I was a Kid and had a go at this I would have had a different career for Sure .

1 Like

@masterboyhr
@russellcresser

Ahh - I see the UV index option now in the round complication. Pretty cool. Unfortunately, I have found very few people synced my faces when I use the pro features as you need premium to sync them and most people don’t have it. I have used the color choice mostly. I like pro for having the ability to use it when I want. I have had people with premium ask me for a color changing version of a watch a few times now.
Obviously, the great thing about having a UV code is the flexibility you get with that. You can use the formula anywhere or anyway imaginable and can use it in a custom progress not limited to the style of the pro version complication. And, it’s FREE, lol.
Don’t worry, I will post my work in a new post likely sometime tomorrow. When I do, please test and give me feedback. Thus far it is working very well on my watch.

2 Likes