I am lost, new to creating faces

I am new to facer and would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I would go for face ideas? Thank you in advance.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @italian3098. Just do something with a theme that interests you. I like to do some watch faces with mathematic functions or weather or science themes in them, some folks like to do cat pictures, some like to do movie themes, etc. Do you have any hobbies? Incorporate that somehow.

6 Likes

What I have done wheb I have some time on my hands is be Nosey. I look at peoples Profiles on my phone I can see there who they Follow and click on them. Yoy can easily get lost in a world of faces that are intresting to you. Then just have a go. It does not matter what you create at the begining you will be so pleased to wear your own face on your watch. Often the simple Faces we create in the early days are the Best. There are Tons of resoyeces on the Community. Hands Dials Numerals and Formulas. When you have done something for us to look at. Share it here and you will get loads of comments and Help.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community Tina, it’s basically like the other guys already said, wherein ideas can come from all over the place, possibly even from just glimpsing something on a bus ride. Jump on the Creator and just have a play around first, get to see what you can and can’t do, and it’ll be just like russellcresser said, you’ll love it when you see your very own design appear on your Watch. Have fun…

3 Likes

Hello and welcome. I see you are apple watch user and already made some nice photo faces.
As guys already mentioned above, the inspiration can come from everywhere. For example I have seen some nice folk motive, then I made a face around it. It was not much popular, but I had fun at making it.

It is true that apple limits the functions, as they can not be updated more often than once in 15minutes, but still you can come with some creative ways how to display other infos than time. If you stumble on some technical hurdle, check the documentation or simply ask here in forum.

4 Likes

Aside from exactly what’s here on Facer, I find great inspiration from Pinterest, from both real watches and smart faces on other platforms, and if anyone is interested, here is that wall or whatever pinterest calls it - https://www.pinterest.ca/richbcan/watch-pieces/

4 Likes

@italian3098, here is a design challenge that might give you some inspiration:

2 Likes

Thank you! I greatly appreciate your feedback and ideas.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into that.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I will take your advice… thank you

2 Likes

Okay… will definitely check that out! Thank you :blush:

2 Likes