⚠️ IMPORTANT - Pixel Watch 3, Samsung Galaxy Watch7/Ultra compatibility

It’s not a Samsung issue, it’s a Google policy. Eventually all Wear OS watches from all manufacturers will be affected by this issue if they have Wear Os 5 and above.

3 Likes

David against Goliath (Facer against Google)… I’am still curious about the result of this meeting.

2 Likes

Would hardly say Facer is David…more like Rip Van Winkle sleeping at the wheel. They have known this was coming since the announcement of the policy changes regarding WFF and it shouldn’t have been a surprise which leads me to think that they knew there was nothing they could do about it anyway.

3 Likes

Intresting although this is not realy a Traditional Watch Making Industry thing it has The Secrecy of it . I was told a Story about the Basleworld Watch Fair . The Exibitors did not show their newest Faces in The Hall . Buyers got to see the New Watches in Private and they were not allowed to bring thier Phones .
Face Book is Full of people Complaining About the Ultra not Connecting to Facer . Bless .

2 Likes

That’s good to know. The post is basically making it out to be GW7 owners could just switch to another and be fine.

Basically I’m expecting facer will be shut down in within 5 years or so. OR they actually figured something out with Google where they can still work. I hope they can figure something out because I don’t like the other watch faces for the GW7 and it is a pain to find another on the play store.

I do wonder if maybe facer has an ability to legally force this. Like through Europe being consumer friendly, or like how Apple went to court over them wanting money from what happened within games.

1 Like

5 years? No one can even see 1 year ahead in this smart watch game. In 5 years your GW7 might be in a landfill with all the other smart watches because everyone will be wearing smart rings, glasses or even chips in the side of their heads…who knows! The fact is that developers have known about Google’s implementation of the WFF (Watch Face Format) for the better part of a year now. If they didn’t know specifics, they at least have known that it could have a great effect on existing or legacy watch faces and apps. Also, Europe being “consumer friendly” is probably one of the reasons for the WFF and all the new, more stringent policies Google has implemented onto its developers in all facets. A big part of it is to clean up Google and conform to EU standards.

3 Likes

I do not see how is monopolizing access to watch faces user friendly move, unless it was sarcasm.
But yes it will clear the confusion by complaints for not working services. All blame will end in play store.

2 Likes

It was confusion. From what I gather more than less the problem is facer needs functions wff doesn’t allow for. The current faces won’t play nice. Is that correct?

1 Like

We had similar situation in the past.

Watchfaces bought in Samsung Store for Tizen based watches stopped working.
Watch 4 owners were doomed to Google Store watchfaces only. Mind you, they are much better now, few years ago they were pure s**t.

Nobody cared about dissapointed users. I guess nobody cares now about Facer watchfaces, neither Samsung nor Google.

2 Likes

Got this this morning. Have Facer found a solution or…

Summer Specials: Introducing the new Tetris™ 1989 SE watch face

Enjoy our next ⛱️ Summer Specials with the all new Tetris™ 1989 SE watch face, available for a limited-time only at 70% off on Google Play.

👉🏼 Compatible with all WearOS smartwatches, including the all new Samsung Galaxy Watch7 and Ultra.

1 Like

I do not thik so, that seem just like individual watchface from Facer ported to play store. Such pieces were there even before this new situation.

1 Like

I wonder if Facer is gonna have to wait as long as I do to get watch faces approved in Google Play?..another 499,000 to go! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Why is it taking soo long. Tried loads of other face makers but NOTHING compares to Facer

1 Like

They explained it in the beginning. There was offered opportunity (or left gap) on the play store, that face could be programmed so, that it changed appearance (actual design) by selection in companion app, which allowed to build own store within store and bypass the main provider. This is now reportedly not supported with the new watchface format.

1 Like

Absolutely not satisfying

1 Like

Is this ever going to change? I paid the annual plan but after tradibg in my watch 6 for 7, this app is useless now.

1 Like

Time to rebuy a samsung watch pro 5 or oneplus watch 2, or samsung watch 6. Sell your watch 7 on ebay or return it if you still can.
Don’t buy a pixel watch 3…that will be os wear 5 and not compatible i think!

3 Likes

Looks like I have to go down that road.I now share all the frustrations!

My ticwatch keeps freezing, (sent it in, was still on guarantee!), and the old one no longer wants sync. So no WearOS watch at the moment …:frowning:

I cannot buy the latest Snapdragon watches either - ticwatch and Xaomi are not compatible with my iPhone!

3 Likes

Oh Dear I am sorry . I would recommend a REFURB on a GW5 Pro from Amazon .

3 Likes

Got my facer back today…Got this Watch 6 44mm from eBay. This is the stardard one, not the classic. I dont need a bezel as i use a case. Need to decide if i sell my Galaxy Ultra now or keep it in the hope facer will get a solution to work on os wear 5.

4 Likes